Is there any actual proof besides sperglords on the internet that Windows 10 spies on you?

Is there any actual proof besides sperglords on the internet that Windows 10 spies on you?

Are there any traffic captures?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/QnTTA
archive.is/eZKc9
archive.is/MB0Yy
youtube.com/watch?v=eP31lluUDWU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i dont think there are any windows cars yet user

archive.is/QnTTA
archive.is/eZKc9

>Microsoft proudly presents surveillance statistics:
archive.is/MB0Yy

> Over 82 billion photos viewed.
> Gamers spent over 4 billion hours playing PC games.
> 44.5 billion minutes/month spent in Microsoft Edge.
> Over 2.5 billion questions asked of Cortana since launch.
> Windows 10 now active on over 200 million devices.

Any steps to limit that? I just "upgraded" cause baby Lake.

Windows 10 captures enough user information to wake itself from sleep when you're not home, apply updates, then go back to sleep, all with you being none the wiser, and you actually have to ask if it's really spying? Even if the OS only collects innocuous data now, Windows 10 takes an unprecedented amount of control away from users such that in the future, you'll be hard pressed to know whether or not you're being spied on and to prevent it from happening if you use windows.

Stop using Windows now.

>Still using windows
You do know Microsoft PURPOSEFULLY published secure boot golden keys, right? You do know Microsoft implanted a telemetry module "experimentally" before taking it off due to backlash, right?
A man with common sense would ditch any microsoft products by now.
/thread

>Getting Win 10
>Using babylake
You deserve what happens to you, retard

Oh no, they'll gather some data on me and force an update. Maybe show me an ad on the start menu. Is there really anything that bad going on?

>Force an update
>Show ads
>I-I-Its really not that bad guys I don't know what you're talking about

I've never used it. Is it that bad?

Yes
youtube.com/watch?v=eP31lluUDWU

ultimate cuck

I don't have such problems user.

Cheers.

If you have Win 10 you do have such problems and you are ignoring them

Cheers.

For a tech board you guys seems pretty dumb.

>having to pay extra to not have your OS shut it self down and sell your data
epic

What are you gonna say next? ThinkPads are better than MacBooks because they are cheaper? KEK.

You know you can get an actual valid key to use with your pirated disc image for just a few bucks if you don't want to use the activator method?

What this guy said:

not an argument.

>Cheaper
>Sturdy
>Better hardware
WOAH THAT WAS HARD

The argument was, you are a pleb, if you didn't notice.

>muh shekels

>I pay $1300 for shiny 5 year old hardware
simply ebin

still not an argument.

see
>Sturdy
>Better hardware
Oh no. Someones talking who has no idea about the topic they are talking about. Show me your ThinkPads and MacBooks first.

Are you, sorry, retarded?
You get what you pay for. I know you must be new here, but please, learn sarcasm before posting.

>#REKT
kek

>you get what you pay for
>and that's why you need to pay $84 a year to disable updates
yeah just kill yourself now faggot. defending this bullshit is absurd.

>$84/year
What?

W10 pro is $30 on kinguin

I thought that you were talking about Enterprise, which costs $84 a year when I googled it.
But the point is much the same. The fact that Windows 10 has been the first ever consumer operating system which requires you to PAY MONEY to disable updates is telling. It's obvious that Microsoft knows that people hate its updates and are therefore exploiting it. Who in his or her right mind would defend such a behavior?

>Kinguin
Have fun paying for stolen software

People that believe in business. You dont create products to never need maintenance or to never fail, you create them to do just the opposite and plan accordingly. If you don't know this then you will be poor your entire life. I honestly don't care about updates and knowing my habits, it doesn't affect me in any way but for the better. Why do you care so much about other people's lives than your own? If you don't like it, don't use it, but don't say others shouldn't for a non liquid reason. Go back to Linux since it's so "great" as an everyday OS...Kappa.

#rekt

Who cares? They have the kinguin guarantee. Nobody gives a fuck if it's stolen. As long as it's not a stolen: gun, car, boat

>Acknowledges the maliciousness of planned obsolescence and still buys into it
You're the one getting scammed here, friendo

I have been using Enterprise without a paid key for over a year now, no problems.

Problem?

>I don't own anything

-The Post

If you are going to samefag please at least make it less obvious

kek, welcome to /desktop/ and /tpg/ anons, autism at it's finest

I posted the last one you quoted. Other three could be same fag, but I just got here.

Read their privacy policy

My posts are only the rekt ones, just having a giggle here lurking, what's your problem? Buttblasted because people don't agree with you?

>I've never had to buy anything for myself
- The Post

Do you buy lightbulbs that are made to last only one hundred hours because its "good business" too?

Why? When cheaper and better alternatives exist, but there's none to Windows.

>What is Global Rule 3
>Using hashtags
>Saying rekt

Stay mad pleb.

I never put a timeframe on anything.

50,000 mile synthetic oil substitute doesn't exist for cars

500,000 hour lightbulbs don't exist

50 year roof tiles don't exist

>dumb chinese cartoon shitposter is crying over hes board
ebin

>When cheaper and better alternatives exist, but there's none to Windows
Oh boy do I have some good news for you

>better
Has your terminal ruined your eyesight?

Has your shitty UI ruined yours?

>lost an argument
>starts shitposting
Degenerate.
Bye, my job here is done.

>be me a year ago+
>use win 7
>"UPDATE WIN 10 FREE NOW FREE FREE FREE DO IT NOW ITS FREE COME ON DO IT!"
>FINE, fuck, i heard that some games run a few frames faster and >muh directX12
>update
>other than the task manager i cannot stand the new UI at all
>the shit about win 10 spyware shit leaking out
>deal with it because i dont want to reinstall win 7
>28 dec 2015
>leave
>come back the first of january
>explorer.exe crashes at startup
>somehow the fucking OS updated before i left with some shit that activated after i returned that pretty much bricked the OS until another hidden autoupdate that hogged my internet would happen
>fuck that
>install win 7
>have friends nowadays saying that random automatic updates on win 10 brick their systems

>"HURR DURR JUST DISABLE UPDATES!" the free upgrade to win 10 IIRC locked you into the insider version, forcing you to have hidden updates any time without your consent.

If not because of app compatibility i would be going to linux and maybe learning to use it ASAP.

I never said other shouldn't use it. I just said that "you get what you pay for" does not mean that I should need to pay more to disable updates. I see no value in that, I would rather update my system when I want to. Second of all, I am using Linux right now and I have completely avoided the problem of Windows updates because I am able to update my system when I want. That's one of the reasons I switched to Linux. (and the creepy "trust us goy :^)" shit)
no. but that's still not a defense of Microsoft's blatant anti-consumer practices. In fact, in a way it just proves the point that no one wants to pay for such a feature; it should be included by default.

>no. but that's still not a defense of Microsoft's blatant anti-consumer practices. In fact, in a way it just proves the point that no one wants to pay for such a feature; it should be included by default.
I don't care, I can use it and it works.

If you're going to live your life avoiding everything that wants to screw you, you won't get any action yourself either.

>Literally responded to my post with a shitpost
>Gets mad when someone responds to your shitpost with a shitpost
nice meme

he said better user

That's what I said to myself when I used Windows 7 as my primary operating system. Then Windows 10 came out and I said fuck it. You give them an inch and you take a mile. If I ever have to use Windows you can be sure as hell that shit will be locked up and disconnected from the internet.

Here's the thing. You do get what you pay for in a way. That doesn't make it wrong. Linux sucks comparatively to windows and osx. If you deny that, you have mental issues because they are designed to be sold to as many people as possible that can use them out of the box. Osx is the worst of all operating systems yet it sells. The statement "just because everyone XYZ doesn't make it right" is invalid here. Millions of Americans buy American car company cars despite them being pieces of shit is a good example though.

Get macOS for work and browsing, Windows (LTSP) only for gaymes if needed.

>Pay $2,500 for browsing the internet and using Excel

Um, no thanks. Would just buy a Chromebook or an i5 chinkpad

>The statement "just because everyone XYZ doesn't make it right" is invalid here
Except it isn't
If all PCs were sold blank and you had to choose what OS to install you bet you're ass people would choose Linux most of the time
>Gee iPhones must sure be better because they have a higher marketshare!

>macOS
Not enough money for a MAC. sorry senpai.

Its not even a thing about games. I only play a very few games but they are much indie and only support windows. But its also a deal about the very same shitty apps that i like to use, like Cheat engine or WinDirStat. Etc.

Besides, i feel intimidated by the UI of linux. I keep hearing to no end people saying that linux its a bitch getting used to and you probably need to know how to code to make it work.

dude wtf are you talking about? are you saying that Microsoft's shitty OS magically becomes good because lots of people buy it?

>Defending so hard
This isn't the first time windows fanboys were this much desperate to cover the shit microshaft do

Just run blackbird on it. It cleans it up good. No need to run ancient versions.

Oh, there's a shit ton of evidence it spies on you. You'll just have to Google the evidence; not doing it for you.

But the GOOD news is, if you know what you're doing, you can get it free and reduce it's spying to about android phone levels (using prepaid cards). Adding a paid VPN service makes you even more secure.

Not going to lie, it took me a few months to figure out how to lock things down. Completely shutting down Cortana (where she's not even running in task manager) was the most difficult.

If I can do it, anyone can. I can't even configure a router.

>shitposting a post that has nothing to do with the discussion
why so mad?

>Besides, i feel intimidated by the UI of linux. I keep hearing to no end people saying that linux its a bitch getting used to
The UI of Ubuntu is easier than Windows
>And you probably need to know how to code to make it work.
I don't know how to code and I've used Linux for 4 years

Are you just being stupid now? You just said most people in the world would install Linux if computers came with no OS on them. Are you drunk right now? I can assure you that the numbers of gaymurs on PC outnumber the amount of people that use Linux as their personal OS

For business to support a country and make money, yes

There's nothing to defend user, it's true. LTSB is not affected from the problems they posted.

>You'll just have to Google the evidence; not doing it for you.
Stopped reading there.

Does anyone have a list of tools I can use to at least attempt to mitigate the windows 10 spyware bullshit?

I'll be building a new PC in about 6 months and I'll be putting a win7/linux dual boot on that, but for the time being I've got win10 and I want to do what I can to stop it.

Ok then. I heard from a friend that Linux has been more efficient on the hardware and internet speed. So if there's no compatibility issues other than the emulators and the games i might just make the change.

However, a big tradeoff to me its that i really dont have a good reason to. I am not important, my security its not at risk, i use an outdated windows that its harder to spy on than win 10, i dont need security from linux nor its open source things since i probably wont even touch it. Would you still try to convince me? or you think that the change its pointless?

I'm not talking about if they started doing that tomorrow. I mean if they had always done that since the beginning
>Windows vs Linux
>$200 vs free
>10 year support vs indefinite support
Gee I wonder which one they'll pick

Yes. Pick a pendrive and install DBAN in it and delete your hardware and start again.

I still have know idea what you mean. Why should I spend my money on Microsoft's shitty OS just so I can disable updates?

>$200

A computer that most people buy (Dell, Lenovo, HP) comes with windows for free.

If Hitler didn't exist, blah blah blah. You can't say if something was different 30 years ago as an argument.

You can make Linux look however you want and not be limited to the shitty Windows UI
If all you play is indie games they more than likely run in Wine

Dude I hate to break it to you but no normie wants to use Linux. They think it's just some weird "free ripoff" of Windows or something. To them it's a joke.
Also, my internet is actually much slower on Linux than on windows. It takes about 15 seconds to load Google, compared to 1-2 on Windows,

If Windows was shitty, it wouldn't be used as the primary OS for scientific research. This isn't saying Linux is bad. You have to understand, people that buy computers aren't paying for the OS.

>A computer that most people buy (Dell, Lenovo, HP) comes with windows for free.
Can you even fucking read?

That's because they've only used Windows their entire lives
Again, as said in if Windows didn't come default no one would have picked it since the beginning

>gets sold with every normie pre-built PC for decades
>gets to promote their shit everyfucking where
>gets people to develop for windows first
>"windows its mainly used because its a really good OS!"

I mean, even i use windows too but come the fuck on. Its not like people had time and knowledge to pick. Any non-Mac normie PC already came with windows pretty much.

99% of people don't pay for Windows because it's already prepaid by computer companies. I don't think you read your own post

>"Windows 10 spies on you!"
>All Microsoft does is collect aggregate statistical data

But I don't want them to do that.

I grew up on Mac based computers when I was young and going through jr high and high school. Home computer was Mac and uncles, Yet I use Windows.

>sends info every time you search something on your computer
>sends info every time you download shit in your computer
>claims that they own the right to have backups of every text file you create and every message you send
>they wont allow you / make it as difficult as possible to turn that shit off

>"h-he guyz! its just d-data collect! n-nothing to fear the big nosed microsoft about!"

Yes I understand that but first of all your argument refutes itself:
>If Windows was shitty, it wouldn't be used as the primary OS for scientific research
>people that buy computers aren't paying for the OS
The reason that those people use Windows isn't because they like the UI. Or the automatic updates. Or Cortana. Or anything else. It's because the programs that they use day-to-day work best on Windows and changing would be too expensive. The OS itself can still be shitty and just have good programs and people would use it. In a way, that's true for MacOS, too.
But let's get past that. I'm not a scienific researcher, nor am I some government functionary. Why should I use Windows just beacuse they do?

My post literally says that Windows does not come on the computer, so you would have to buy it
You must be 18 to post here

Do you also get annoyed that by browsing Sup Forums you're providing data about what browser and OS you use? Surely if you did you wouldn't be posting here.

Congratulations? That's not the point of my post. The point is that windows its the most used OS because its coming pre-installed and people dont know how to switch it/why to switch it.

Lets assume:

Every fucking normie spends money on a PC.
They can either: Spend extra money for a windows with a few features more but it will cost you like 200 bucks (older windows used to cost more or less that)
Or you can get a similar OS for free with slightly less compatibility but its fucking free.

Macs out of the question since IIRC Mac OS checks if you have Apple hardware and wont let you install if you dont.

nothing to fear nothing to hide, goy!

You're buying what is called a license. Similar to a driver's license. I'll make this easy

You pay for a driver's license which licenses you to drive a car legally

Judges can manage what you can use your license for

You have to pay and train to drive a semi truck

You may have you license taken away by the city etc.

I use a useragent spoofer

no, most people will choose Windows or MacOS because
>muh Office
>muh AutoCAD
>muh gay men
>muh audio editors

His post was about spying, it had nothing to do with software licenses

Here's the thing. It does come on it.
People that are building their computer are doing it for gayming. They will install windows on it. Yes you have to buy things people create. People buy bottled water... How do you not understand this