It's not a toy, it's a tool

>It's not a toy, it's a tool

BlackBerry is the superior smartphone. Leave your social media and games for home, kids. Let's get real, a BlackBerry is what everyone needs in a PHONE.

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.blackberry.com/2016/12/secure-protected-and-connected-blackberry-10-achieves-government-grade-security-certification/?utm_content=Brand/Company_Content&utm_campaign=Government&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter
news.vice.com/article/exclusive-canada-police-obtained-blackberrys-global-decryption-key-how
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Mah nigga

Sex in phone form

How's the security on those things? I'd guess there's also support for viewing excel/word/pdf files and syncing your data to remote server? What kinda battery life you an expect on Blackberry Classic for example? Somewhat interested in Blackberries.

BlackBerry Link can sync all of your files to your computer.

Security is generally above standard, especially with the Android BlackBerry phones like the Priv.

The battery life on the classic can usually power through a whole day of continued use easily. I haven't heard super good things about the Priv's battery life, but the Mercury which comes out soon-ish is supposed to address all of the problems with the Priv.

They're definitely NOT a direct competitor to Android phones and iPhones, as they're meant more for work and less for play.

I personally believe that phones should be used as tools, and that "play" should be left to personal computers and tablets.

>those rounded corners
The original Passport looked much better

blogs.blackberry.com/2016/12/secure-protected-and-connected-blackberry-10-achieves-government-grade-security-certification/?utm_content=Brand/Company_Content&utm_campaign=Government&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

i have the passport, with average to light use i can get 2 to 2 1/2 days

Further proof that BlackBerry is perfect for anyone obsessed with security (half of the people on this board)

I wated the priv, but last review shows it is slow, a software issue, with no real fix

I would agree with you,
BUT
fucking
ass
appyfied
shit
"mobile"
"websites"
are
fucking
shit
crap
on
that
screen
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Seriously, you almost can't browse the web anymore. Even serious new sites are all having a "nice" mobile site nowaday, which is all material and wastes space left and right. And all those stupid frames-but-not frames everywhere.
And since the BB browser has no ad, or content blocker, you cant hide that shit. And you can't block video ads, eating up your data and embarssing you by making a noise.

fuck, I can't even check for trains and planes anymore, because the sites of the Austrian railways and Lufthansa dont really work on that screen.
And the apps are just wrapper around the websites that make them even worse, while increasing the resource usage.

The modern smartphone world sucks ass.

I'd wager this berry thing is mostly limited to states. It's harder to get those phones from anywhere else, or put it simply, it doesn't have big market outside the states.

passport is nice in that area with the wide screen

at&t which is supposed to be a big supporter of blackberry here in the states, dosnt currently have any of there phones at all, not even the new ones that just came out.

blackberry biggest problem, most ppl don't know what they are, they don't advertise, and cell carries don't show or sell them here anymore

this may be true. but the perpetual scalping of these phones makes it impossible to own given you can get 1 year old android that does the same just a lot worse for less than $200(srysly try to buy a bb in Australia they go for $1.5k+ used).

i really wanted the passport when it came out, literally impossible to import for the first 20 months(carrier lock, stock shortage, tax levy for import), the price remained higher than retail for as long as i kept track, every other platform surpassed it in specs so it would be a waste to buy one now.

I have no idea who is responsible for prices in europe but those retards were completely out of touch in last decade.

Every single fucking bb price was always 1.5-2x price of samsung galaxy/iphone despite fact that bb phone spec were much worse.

Nah, web browsing is perfectly fine, even on my Q10, which has a screen that's .4" smaller.

my guess would be that they want to make sure you cant buy a secure deice,the less secure you are, the better they feel.

here in the us, i couldnt get the passport right away either, took a year to find one.

and your right, the hardware on them is always behind, but that looks to change, as a diffrent company took over making the phones,

the os is still blackberry, but the phones are TLC i think. and the new phones seem to be up to date hardware wise

Would actually use one if it has my bare needs

>Fully functional podcast client
>Wifi
>Excellent camera
>Lower price point than the standard choices

I'm on a Q10 myself, but anything besides Sup Forums and facebook sucks ass.
Try oebb.at or faz.net.
Also, scrolling with space mostly doesnt really work anymore.

>awkward corners sticking out of your pants pockets
srs bsns

new BB devies are android, BB10 ones can still run some android apps, all of them support wifi, camera is all in opion, passport has a 13 MP camera, the price point, comes down to where you live and what you can get sadly

I've never really had an issue with using space and shift+space to scroll.

>muh skinny jeans

pretty comfy on my classic but I do have a bug in that the sometime the notification light keeps going even after I have read a text message and sometimes I get a delayed text ringtone. it's still nice

>the os is still blackberry
No. It's android with some apps developed under the brand "Blackberry". You can even install the BB-Hub on any android device through the Playstore now. Blackberry is only developing their QNX Kernel for Apple CarPlay, that's about it.

>You can even install the BB-Hub on any android device through the Playstore now
You can install an app called BlackBerry Hub but it's not the same as having the hub in BB10OS.
>Blackberry is only developing their QNX Kernel for Apple CarPlay, that's about it.
And nuclear power plants and anything else that benefits from an RTOS

I just recently got rid of my Blackberry Classic. DO NOT BUY ONE. They are laggy pieces of shit, and nearly unusable once you use it for a little over a month or two. But since Sup Forums is full of autistic hipster faggots, no one will listen to me.

Mind you, I fucking loved that thing. I still keep it for typing out things sometimes, or browsing Sup Forums when I don't have anything else to use. The mouse pointer built into the browser allows you to hover over images on the Sup Forums mobile site, and it's pretty seamless. Other than that, you're gonna have a bad time

>DO NOT BUY ONE. They are laggy pieces of shit, and nearly unusable once you use it for a little over a month or two
I find this incredibly difficult to believe.

Yeah sure, it's not the same in regards to system integration. But it works exactly like the BB10OS hub.
Nevermind that, I don't like the app and would prefer a BB Hub launcher that'd work exactly like BB10OS did with the hub to the left for instant access.

>proprietary

Sorry, we're an extra level of autism around here.

Government certification means shit all when you can't look at the code, there's no way it doesn't have a backdoor

Old blackberry were stable as fuck and it was working for years, but last bb versions and especially bb android had lag problems, phone was laggy as fuck after 2-3 months of use also there were problems with weak gps and wifi.

Just google senpai.

>It's not a toy, it's a tool
It's a phone, despite what Blackberry marketing would like you to believe. And not a great one at that when you place it alongside phablets. What the fuck were blackberry thinking when they sat down and decided "Yeah, yeah. Let's have a square screen. Documents are square, right? Lisa in HR sent me a PDF yesterday and that was pretty fucking square."

One reply before we're solidifying the crackberry stereotype. We might as well just start skipping the whole discussion format and have the OP be "I'm a cunt" with a picture of a guy in a suit+blazer combo.

It's just hard to believe. I used my Q10 for a year and a half and never experienced any lag. Now I've had a Passport for a few months and again have yet to. BB10OS is the tits

>shit compared to a phablet
>lol square screens are dum
I love that my phone's got a square screen.
>One reply before we're solidifying the crackberry stereotype
What, you can't like a phone becasue others do? What sort of hipster bullshit is this?

Only reasons BlackBerry smartphones are any good for most people is because they are the only smartphones you can get that have a physical keyboard and don't require you to sacrifice modern specs or security updates (in the event that you're willing to sacrifice modern specs then you can also choose the Droid 4, which is the only smartphone with a physical keyboard that's still has community support with custom ROMs).

Blackberry are like Nokia communicators were in the early 2000's; useful piece of technology for working people, but now completely outdated.

BlackBerry phones have a backdoor and it's not supposed to be a secret.

news.vice.com/article/exclusive-canada-police-obtained-blackberrys-global-decryption-key-how

>no WhatsApp

BB10OS can run Android apps.

find me one from the curve,bold era style that supports 4g and im all over that shit!! i miss the blackberry.

Does the Classic not fit your needs?

is 4g not faster than 3g? or am i getting it totally wrong..genuine question

4g is faster, I'm pretty sure the Classic supports 4g

not even blackberry believes in bbos

i'll buy mercury though, unless price will be really, really retardedly high. Looks great.

>muh leg 510 fedoras

I have one and he's not lying. Sup Forums and [spoiler]reddit[/spoiler] are fine on it, but pretty much every other website is slow or doesn't get displayed properly.

Which one do you have though?

Classic. I am planning on getting an iPhone SE when the price drops. I still use the Classic because the battery life is breddy gud (only have to charge every other day with heavy use) despite being over 2 years old, but I find the slowness bothering me more and more each day. Also I swear the maps app got shittier after the OS update last month.

Is your classic unlocked? How much would you sell it for?

>BlackBerry is the superior smartphone
what year is it

Yes, it's unlocked.
idk, $200? I'm not selling it at the moment.

2017, aka the year of BlackBerry resurgence

>someone else telling me what I need in a phone or any other product

BlackBerry tried to come back with the Storm phone and it failed.
BlackBerry tried to come back with the PlayBook and it failed.
BlackBerry tried to come back with the Z10 and Q10 and it failed.
BlackBerry tried to come back with the Passport and it failed.
BlackBerry tried to come back with the Classic and it failed.
BlackBerry tried to come back with the Priv and it failed.

You have to face it. BlackBerry is done. It's in the past. Even the Xperia X10 Mini Pro sold way more than BlackBerry back then, and most busy people, including Barrack Obama, abandoned BlackBerry.

Sometimes, you have to let go.

Sometimes, you have to let go.

Try telling that to everyone who still uses a ThinkPad

Or a 10 year old Macbook

If it works for someone, it's not a failure.