Show me a better laptop than Lenovo IdeaPad 510-15IKB for 800$:

Show me a better laptop than Lenovo IdeaPad 510-15IKB for 800$:
Intel Core i5-7200U (2.5 - 3.10 GHz, 3MB cache)
NVIDIA GeForce GT 940MX - 4 GB DDR3
8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz
1 TB SATA 5400 rpm + 240 GB SSD
15,6" (39.62cm) Full HD (1920x1080)
Pro tip: YOU CAN'T

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=34-315-713&FM=1
engadget.com/2016/09/21/lenovo-pc-linux-trouble/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

with that build quality you can go full acer:
Acer V5-573G
-i5 4200u
-Nvidia GT750M
-8 GB DDR3 1666MHz
-1 TB Sata 5400 rpm
-15.6 1080p IPS
~350€

>low-voltage CPU
Try again.

>Acer
Not a big fan of companies known to produce stuff that brake in 6 months

you think ideapads are even close to thinkpads?
jeez user

>low-voltage CPU
Damn it, that is a good point, although i do not know how much it will matter in the end

Has to be cheap and ThinkPads are just too expensive for their specs. Another option in the same price range is an Asus with the same specs

you want gaymen?

Not really, I want a laptop for work, but I also want to be able to play with friends low demanding games like dota and sc2. So i basically want a laptop for everything, but mainly work.
Would probably be dual boot as well.

Well theres a reason Thinkpads are expensive, its primarily the quality and unique features thinkpads have like ultrabay and shit

If you want good specs for cheap, you lose quality

I understand that very well, but I still have a price limit for what to buy

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=34-315-713&FM=1

Shame shit, couple hundred dollars less

Something I am wandering is if I will have any problems installing Linux and Windows on the Lenovo laptop.
I am wandering that because of engadget.com/2016/09/21/lenovo-pc-linux-trouble/

I have written above that Acer have very bad brand name for quality. I undersntad that in terms of price/specs Acer is the best option, but if a work laptop brakes in 6 months it is shit

Well then why the fuck are you looking at an ideapad

Consumer trash breaks, granted if you treat it well it will last, but youre on the "i dont want to pay more for quality" kinda shit right now

If youre gonna go cheapshit you might as well go all the way into cheapshit, its gonna be the same experience
If not, expect to pay a premium for a laptop you can throw at walls

I just want a balanced quality level for the product. Not something that will last forever, but i will pay much more for that and not something that will brake too soon.
Basically, a laptop that will run without major problems for around 2 years, but would have a balance of price/quality and specs.
My issue with Thinkpads is that you pay too much for quality(although it is worth it if you have the money)
My issue with Acer is that I do not know a single person who have ever recommended it.
As a whole the only 3 companies that I think offer somewhat balanced quality/price/specs are Asus, Dell and Lenovo and I am mainly considering them

Probably some Asus Zenbook or something

Asus makes pretty good shit

Why are there no thinkpads with GPUs?

ASUS K556UQ-DM800D has basically the same specs and same price. Very small differences in specs really like quality of camera and 2 gb more memory for GPU, but it would probably not matter.
So it is all about brand name that translates into build quality

Thinkpads and most of Lenovo laptops are mainly for business and work.

There are, just not the business class ones

The professional and workstation models have dedicated gpus

ah, ok.

>work
That is literally what you do with a GPU, for fucks sake

True, but the idea is that you do not need the b est possible GPU for most IT tasks and especially for programming on Linux. You need just some ok GPU that will not cause problems.

Get last year's Alienware 13

alternatively you could get a used laptop with god build quality. For example you could get an older model thinkpad mbp or other meme machine that Sup Forums advocates

So you dont have the 200-300 $ for a Thinkpad?
If you want Gaymen you should get a Desktop
2,5 Ghz and Intel 3000 is enough for Office Work, Programming, and most IT Stuff