/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Here lies the pinnacle of all knowledge. Enter ye who thirst for understanding!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ki2iHgKxRBo
videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_value.html
videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/pacman
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Stops Windows Update and re-register its files.

when a game system requirements say i need "Graphics: 384 MB of RAM" do they mean overall memory or dedicated memory?

i have:
Total Available Graphics Memory: 2132 MB
Dedicated Video Memory: 128 MB
System Video Memory: 0 MB
Shared System Memory: 2004 MB

do i meet the requirements?

and when they say "Graphics: 512MB Video Memory" do they mean something else when it's "video memory" instead of "ram"?

does anyone know a way to get around omegle's captcha system

I don't know shit about video encoding, which one of these is the codec? WV1?

And how can I tell if a video is upscaled/downscaled etc.?

Can I get a recommendation on a good external HDD? 2TB at the least.

At which point do programming languages leave the basics and start getting into the "real shit" of the language?

Is it after learning arrays?

It is after learning metaprogramming facilities.

The dedicated vRAM is what matters.

RAM = memory. Video memory = vRAM

Your graphics card (gpu) is supposed to have its own ram, just like your cpu.

if I lose my phone with mycelium wallet can I restore it again on a different wallet software ? and if yes, should I send the bitcoins to a different account, just in case someone brute forces the pin on my lost phone ?

why is the black man so alpha?
youtube.com/watch?v=Ki2iHgKxRBo
Does anyone else also feel uncomfortable watching this?

You can easily tell he cucks the shit out of the beta white guy next to him, I bet whitey enjoys watching that BBC penetrating his wife despeate for that black stud.

should I make my next pet a doggo, a kitty, or a birb? I want something to keep me company that I can socialize with, and birds look really cool. Although the tradditional cat/dog is okay.

Anyone have good experience with birbs/recommend a breed? Is it worth it?

why do they always bully the guest instructors on udacity courses? How am i supposed to watch this shit, it's so awkward.

What do you mean by the "real shit"?

In most languages, after learning about arrays you can already do most anything of the real shit, most of what you'll learn after arrays is syntactic sugar.

Programming languages can only do very basic stuff. If by "real shit" you mean heavy mathematics, GUI development, machine learning, etc. then what you're looking for are external libraries.

ask terry a davis

u can find him on the internet

so if I have a charset of 26 and a password length of 6 how do I calculate how many possible combinations there are? dumb it down as much as possible

Whitey needs to know his place against the BBC.

So i started practicing unsupervised learning, where can i get data to practice? Looking for something with sales or insurance fraud. Or similar.

How do I quote code in Sup Forums posts?

[*code*]Thing you want to say[*/code*]

No ***

Is there really no GUI config for setting mouse sensitivity in KDE? How about GNOME, XFCE?

Seriously, it seems impossible that they could all be lacking such a basic feature.

Why can't I post using clover using AT&T LTE? It gives me the ISP/IP message, got to use Wi-Fi to post

Help me Sup Forums I must be literally retarded.

I made a VM using Oracle VirtualBox VM Manager, my VM is on NAT with the following port forwards, but I still can't connect to the mysql server.

Any ideas? I've changed the "host IP" from my IPv4 to 127.0.0.1 but no luck on that front either. I'm also trying to connect with HeidiSQL using 10.0.2.15 (the ip I assume I need to connect to) but it's not working.

are there still free ftp servers around? I prefer plain text to blog about whatever shit so 1MB would be plenty of space already. File names would be the topic, the dates are handled by the browser already.

Trying to get ethernet hooked up in a downstairs room.

Master closet cables are unlabeled, and the downstairs room has two cat6 cables in the outlet but neither was connected to the jack panel.

Any easy way to identify which cable in the master closet matches the downstairs room? Im getting up early tomorrow to try and take a crack at it. My plex server is downstairs and wifi just doesn't cut it.

What's a good firewall

Hook a battery up to one end and test the other for current.

Why not get a bf?

Install the kernel module

New to overclocking.
I upped the core multiplier in my FX 8320 card and the voltage (to 1.2875 V). Currently performing a stability test. Speccy is showing cpu temperatures of over 60 C while the thermal margin in the amd overdrive software is at 7.6 C. Should i be worried? What should i pay attention to?

Birds are nice, but they're not really social, unless you consider fish social. If you're going bird finches are nice. Cats are lower maintenance than dogs, but not all of them are very social

>not really social
Sure they are just don't get a stupid bird.

Birds are much more social than cats or even dogs.

If you have a password length of 1 how many combinations are there?
I hope it's obvious that it's 26.

So what if the password length is 2?
Then for any of the 26 characters that you put on the first slot you have another 26 characters to put on the second slot.

With this I mean if you type in 'a' you can put any of the 26 characters in front of it. Same thing if you type in 'b', 'c', etc.

And the ammount of possible combinations for that is multiplying the possibilities for the second slot by the ammount of possibilities for the second slot.

In this case that would be 26x26 or 26^2.

The same reasoning applies for any length: you raise the number of characters to the password length.

So for 26 characters and a password length of 6 you would get 26^6 = 308 915 776

I wouldn't recommend any of those.
Birds require a lot of care. They need specific temperature and humidity. They'll die if you cook with teflon. Don't clean with ammonia either. They can't deal with it efficiently like mammals can. You shouldn't anyway, since vinegar, water, and dish soap works well enough as a glass cleaner. YOU HAVE TO CLEAN UP THEIR POOP THEY DROP ALL OVER.

Dogs are annoying because they need to be let outside to piss and shit, and then you need to clean up their shit. And they fart and fan their ass juice everywhere they go. And act like you're their whole world like a clingy boyfriend.

It's not good to have a single cat. Two is better since they need a couple hours of playtime each day to stay healthy. And you still have to pick up their shit unless you can toilet train them or get one of those automatic boxes that doesn't work will and still has you handling shit and brain parasites. It can be very annoying having a cat constantly begging for stuff and getting in your way.

If you do get a pet, find one at an animal shelter. Don't buy from breeders. Mutts tend to have more personality than inbreds.

so I haven't even touched a pencil in 5 years, but I'm starting to write again now
Is there a way to hold the pen where you don't get that fucking big ass bump on your middle finger?

Why won't judases at pccg accept prepaid credit cards? I'm too smart to trust the banks with my money.

>They're not really social
That's where you're wrong. Pic related is my beautiful blue crowned conure. I will talk to her, and I am always guaranteed for her to respond with a one word answer (if she knows the phrase well) or a cute noise.

I don't know what you're talking about. Are you obese?

You're right about the """automatic""" boxes. They don't do anything

Your bird's eye is freaking me out.

Sup Sup Forumsents

My ethernet keep crashing. When it happen my PC crash too , wifi still going strong on both my XbOne and smartphone. I can't figure it out!
Please help!!

Only way to get internet back working is to unplug the modem and plug it back.

Holy kek I didn't realize this image was so large

How do you organise your image macros and reaction images? I heard there was a program that's suited to it but I can't remember the name. I have 22,000 files in 500 folders, totalling at about 12.2GB. My conventional file system is beginning to fail me but I have my memes backed up across two computers and cloud storage using MEGA. Any advice would be appreciated.

Birbs do this cool thing with their eye when they get excited. Their pupils will diolate to a tiny dot. It's kind of creepy watching it re-expand afterwards.

Would get a pic, but it happens way too briefly

They make you buy consumables.

You can see galaxies inside that eye

nope.
writer's bump
are there people who don't get this? how do you hold your pencil?

+1 to mix breeds. Purebreds get all sorts of weird health problems when they're older, and tend to have a shorter lifespan in general. You can't just turn a wolf into a chihuahua without fucking shit up a little.

The only thing that stops me from having that happen is writing slower and taking breaks. I suppose you could try to hold the pencil a little looser.

What's the best bang for the bucket graphics card with linux support now?

Intel Integrated Graphics

my handwriting is already damn near illegible, that's the other thing i'm trying to improve
i don't know if holding it looser is the answer for me
idk about writing slower and taking breaks either, time is money

Since you haven't written in a long time, you may just still be adjusting to the change.

videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_value.html

You're probably wanting best at specific price point though.

videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

1060 6gb

thank mr birdo

having same shit, but i just play osu with tablet

no that's from back when i was writing 5 years ago
right now i don't have a bump because i haven't started writing yet

i don't know what that means

it's a bigass callous that accumalates over time from having the pencil constantly press against that area
I guess i'm just holding the pencil wrong or some shit but i have no idea how you guys hold it
can someone take a picture or describe it to me pls?
i have no friends or else i would ask them

say hwut?

Yeah, I was aiming for $150 or under. Which severely limits the choices, I know.

That and you can pretty much drop anything from AMD. Maybe you would just be better off rolling with integrated

Doesn't Nvidia just werk?

Pretty much. Especially if you give in and go with the proprietary drivers.

Is there any "laptop" that only has usb ports keyboard+touchpad and screen? I'd like to connect it to the actual desktop computer and use it as a pseudo-laptop.
Is there such a thing?

sounds retarded so probably

Didn't you just describe a laptop?
Sorry, I might be dumb, but isn't that just a laptop?

What is this thing name?

Hey guys I got a question about Java.
I'm working on a school project regarding health issues.
The idea is simple, Everytime the user clicks, it adds to a counter. When it reaches approx 500 clicks, it will display a health tip.
So is there no way to implement this without clicking on the jPanels? As in it records mouse events outside of my GUI? Some say just create a transparent overlay. Will it be able to click through the jPanel? Another suggestion was to use mouse POS(x,y). Does it register outside of the GUI?
Help is appreciated. Thank you.

Can anybody recommend a sleek notebook at around the 700€ range?

Good battery, portable and hardware capable of working fluidly in Flash and Unity are my requirements.

I'm thinking about a Xiaomi, but I don't want it to explode and be out 700 bucks.

This is something I should know. Sorry I can't help you :'(

how do I put two images side by side on Android and save it as one image

>700€
>good hardware
build quality is gonna be shit dude.

No, it's just that instead of using a monitor and keyboard+mouse, I would use a laptop like 3-in-1 shell, the actual computing would be done in the desktop computer.

I suppose a docking station isn't what you are after.

Please. I want to order rather soonish. Was looking at a Seagate one but seems they usually have hardware failures.

Why does my torrent client say the download speed is ~700kbps while my broadband says the current download speed is ~10Mbps?

And no, there's nothing else downloading.

Torrents depend on peer-to-peer networking. Your download speed is dependent on the collective upload speed being supplied to you.

What's the easiest way to know what cpu I can upgrade my laptop with?

I've got an older Satellite L45 (circa 2008) that I'd like to breathe some life into. I've ID'd the chipset and current processor specs. Could I just pop anything that fits the socket and meets the current TDP of the processor in, or does the fsb speed need to match?

Got a Pentium T2310 currently, could I theoretically go to a Core 2 Duo T7500 on the same socket that matches all requirements sans FSB speed.

Would like to try it, but don't want to kill the laptop. The processors I'm eyeballing are only 10-15 freedom bucks so that's not too upsetting to trash in the event of failure. Just want to make sure I'm on the right track here.

What's a good MicroSD writing and reading speed? For a class 10 one.

I bought a SanDisk Ultra 32gb as complementary storage for my "chromebook" (with Windows 10) and I'm running some benchmark that says it does average writing of 8.2 Mb/s and 12 Mb/s for reading. Is that good for regular file storage and maybe Steam with some old games?

I will also be running most of my "big" software from there.

no, I want the exact oposite

What's the arch equivalent of apt-get, apt-key etc.? I'm trying to install something but antergos doesn't recognize these commands.

Are you retarded?

For 700€ you can get an i5 and 8gb of ram. That's more than enough for what was posted

pacman

If that was the problem, wouldn't the broadband also stick around ~700kbps?

Why the extra speed?

So you are wanting a 4 in 1 ind of thing? A keyboard, mouse, usb ports, and a screen all together?

Did I say you can't get a laptop with decent hardware for that price?
Jesus Christ, learn to read idiot.

A little more detail? Substitute apt for pacman?

Just look up the Pacman documentation. Holy shit, why didn't you get informed about the package manager your distro uses?

t. retard

no, pacman got an entirely different syntax

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/pacman

here's all you need to know

Yes!
Is there such a thing?

While this is called stupid question thread, sometimes your answer is a Google away.
To install a package, do pacman -S foo
To update all packages, do pacman -Syu
To remove a package, do pacman -R foo

Whenever you download something, it all depends on where and how much it will put out. Say you download from a website and it upload speed only goes up to 2mb equivalent, then you will only get 2mb from that site no matter how much faster you are.

Since torrents are peer based, it depends on all the peers put together. If the torrent has one seeder and no leechers, and the seeder can only up 700kbs make, then that's all you get.

Extra speed is good none the less because if one place is trying to take your whole download bandwidth, then everything else is going to be slow until you finished. Also helps when there's multiple people connecting.
Something like that anyways. I might be retarded and gave you a wrong answer.

Thanks!

Should I spend my stardust on a 95.5% venusaur with an A ranking defnder moveset, or a 100% dragonite with a c ranking moveset?

I think I understand. Maybe.
I'm probably retarded as well for thinking I do.

Dragonite is a fucking meme for pleb losers but then again Venusaur is for special snowflakes who think they're more intelligent than water nerds and less stupid than fire normies.

Basically kill yourself or raise a Raticate