How do I turn this bullshit off

I get this notification every fucking day.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MVI87HzfskQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

sell it and buy an android

why would I pay for a phone to spy on me

This. You don't have to worry because android phones don't get updates.

already did once..

lmao

install it

Press "Install Now"

this

>apple isn't spying on you
k

They do, I've never owned an Android device that didn't have OTA updates every few months at least.

Anyway once you get an Android phone you can simply disable update notifications easily.

You don't. You're now an iCuck.

The iPhone already spies on you, dumbfuck. Your best bet for privacy is to not carry a phone at all, but if you need a smartmeme, purchase a device supported by Replicant, as they have not shown to have bad cellular modem isolation.

In all reality, for it to go away you go to storage and usage and delete the update. I believe there's some chink profile you can download that disables updates.

delete OTA and install mikoto.

i assume you are on Jailbreak otherwise you have no reason to not update

>Used to exclusively buy android before switching to chinkshit
>literally bursted into treats reading this

stop using shitty products made by child labor that spy on you

ok op the best trick to trick ios into not updating itself is

set the date to january 1 1970

reboot your iPhone

then change the date back to normal

do not clikc for check for updates again or you will have to redo step one

good luck

this

>trusting some dude that likely works at a sweatshop

Yep

>Not getting the "Approval Request Sent" message on every one of your devices.

I seriously don't even fucking know what to do anymore.

is this still not fixed?

user, android isn't equivalent to ios

This.
Android is VASTLY superior.

Apple updates are literally new emojis and security. Why wouldn't you update retard. If you want an insecure device go buy an android phone.

Ok.
-sent from my OPO with android 7.1

>VASTLY
I think everyone already knows that so calm down you mouthbreather.

kek this is so true it's sad

Why don't people want to update?

You're going to have to do it eventually whether you like it or not. It's iOS. Just update. There's literally no point in not doing it. On Android I'm still on Marshmellow because of root and a few applications I use. Once they're available on Nougat, I'll update.

Is it about some telemetry I've been hearing about? You would think people on Sup Forums would understand how software and programming work. You're already being spied on and have been spied on for very long. Don't be afraid to upgrade because of it.

I believe they fixed it a few updates ago.

True. No one can debate this unless you have a Google Pixel.

I'm STILL waiting for my Nougat update on my Samsung Galaxy S7. STILL. After this long. This is a flagship phone. Aside from the C4 one they made, this is literally the best smartphone Samsung makes RIGHT NOW. How in the fuck did it take this long to get Nougat out to it and it's STILL not out. For fuck sake the Samsung Galaxy S8 will come out faster than the update will. Holy shit people what's going on?

It was supposed to be out last month, but some fuckery make it delayed. I said fuck it and rooted my phone and stayed on Marshmellow. At least I can make this piece of shit usable.

A disgrace. My next phone will either be Apple iPhone, Google Pixel, or (most likely) a OnePlus due to how friendly it is to rooting and modifications. Kind of the whole appeal of Android to me. If I can't do that I might as well use iOS.

>not running a custom ROM
Literally more stable and a newer version of Android

absolute savage! that guy will now have PTSD because of your comment.

There is a point if he wants to jailbreak it once.

What does Jailbreaking do? Any benefit to it?

Install the update, you moron.

>iPhone already spies on you

Lol ok lagdroid faggots. Keep telling yourself that. I scan network traffic at my router and after disabling the optional tracking (which iPhone's actually allow you to do) I have seen no unauthorized packets being sent to apple servers or otherwise.

>apple started encrypting icloud/ios by default
>macbooks have simple toggle to encrypt ssd
>apple started allowing per app permission denial by default
>apple forced developers to make apps work regardless (in cases they could)
>apple developed hardware-level security layer to store fingerprints and encryption keys
>apple challenges the FBI over compromising an older device (without the hardware security layer)

meanwhile

>google hands all your data to the NSA
>only latest android os version which less than 1% of devices have supports per app permission denial
>older apps still crash
>android users cannot remove google botnet software
>android users cannot disable google hardware tracking

Stay ignorant bitch nigga.

Well on Android it lets you install the ad-blockers that Google bans from the official app store. I imagine there's a similar dynamic on iOS where Apple bans apps that don't serve it's financial interests.

here's a quick benchmark for a cryptosystem. If you forget or otherwise lose your password, is the data lost forever? If not, there's a back door.

You are given the option of backing up your encryption keys both with macOS (filevault) and iOS to an iCloud account. That's not even close to what a backdoor is.

A backdoor would imply that a vulnerability was programmed into the encryption layer beforehand.

At the end of the day I put more faith in Apple, especially due to their response to NSA domestic spying program, than Google who merely included "encryption" to keep up with Apple.

Well, yes, it makes sense to trust Apple more than Google, since Google's an ad company first and foremost, and has a financial incentive to make sure they know anything you say, read, or do.

That's not an argument for finding Apple trustworthy though. They have less financial incentive to compromise you, but they do have other incentives. First and foremost ease-of-use. Apple prides itself of being foolproof. If you have encrypted data on your phone and then drop your phone down a sewer, then what? If Apple can recover your data, they must have the key somewhere. They can then be compelled to provide that key, or have the key stolen from them.

If your adversary is the NSA then neither Apple nor Google is a good organization to trust. If you're worried about passive surveillance you want to make sure that neither of them holds data on you. If you're worried about targeted surveillance then you shouldn't be using a smartphone at all.

kek

>buying high end android
Found your problem

>it was officially released on August 22, 2016

So who has nougat Sup Forums?

lol what a fucking joke

Sell your iToy and get a real phone

>iToddler doesn't know what a custom ROM is
o i am laffin at you kids

>pajeets ROM

>responded to trips
>got quads
I guess he has no choice now.

>>panders ROM

>lineage os
>pajeet

>apple, a 500 billion dollar company, cares about your interests
stay brand loyal you fucking tool...

Try actually installing it you fucktard.

>only latest android os version which less than 1% of devices have supports per app permission denial

Literally wrong! this is supported with android 6 (marshmallow) and above which is currently at 29.6%. All new android smartphones support this

>android users cannot remove google botnet software
>android users cannot disable google hardware tracking
you can with root or replicant

Stop spreading lies mbecile

Good fucking lord this thread is retarted.
Step 1: add "appldnld.apple.com" and "mesu.apple.com" to your routers blacklist (without quote marks).
Step 2: delete the pre-downloaded update from storage/icloud usage tab under general settings.
Stap 3: Go back to general settings and check updates
Step 4: If it stays on "checking" for more than a minute, congrats, you succeded in blocking all future updates to your phone and every other apple manufactured product in general.

There you go, I written it as simply as possible.

>what doesnt work
>you tell me

Also it doesn't block any app store updates so keep that in mind

does this shit seriously work or is it gonna brick my phone?

The Sup Forums side of my wants to lie in order to appease Stallman but the human side of me wants to tell the truth. I'm conflicted.

It bricks your phone, but it's been patched from what I can recall. youtu.be/MVI87HzfskQ

Stahp

>he does it for free

>Not buying phones with official Cyanogenmod support

Stop having Downs syndrome

That's not nice.

My wife's son has down syndrome and he's a great kid.

fucking roasted

>flagship
>touchwizz

>wifes
>my

Update and be a good goy.

>I have seen no unauthorized packets being sent to apple servers or otherwise.
Same on android. I have an actual firewall and hosts file access on my OS, how about you?
>apple started encrypting icloud/ios by default
All cloud storage is encrypted by default. Very innovativeā„¢ of apple to join the ride!
>apple started allowing per app permission denial by default
So did android, over a year ago.
>apple challenges the FBI over compromising an older device (without the hardware security layer)
Only done for publicity.
>google hands all your data to the NSA
So does apple.
This is supported since 5.0, maybe 6. 7 is the latest one.
>android users cannot remove...
Yes they can. Root permission exists.

Update your shitpost.

Both sides are bad, but Android is your best bet in respect to this issue.

If you root Android you can LITERALLY do anything you imagine. Overclock, disable physical buttons, and even brick the entire phone. With iOS this is not possible.

Therefor, in theory, Android is much more secure than iOS. You have all the power you would ever need even though you might not know what's going on in the background. You can't be sure that either side isn't giving away your information, which they are, but on Android you can attempt to fight back.

In fact, rooting is one of the things that's still keeping me on Android. Without root you kind of defeat the entire purpose of Android and give yourself a worse experience. Might as well use iOS. With root I'm able to fight back against the cuckery. I get free tethering because fuck you it's my phone and I pay for the service you fucking jew cunts. I block ads system wide. etc. Just an overall great experience. Plus, I can literally delete anything in the system I don't like... Which gives me at least double the battery life I had before. Plus on top of that... I'm able to manage what applications auto start. No need for Microsoft Word to boot with Android.

Good stuff if you ask me. If it wasn't for this, I'd be on iOS. iOS does everything better than Android anyways. Let's be honest.

To be fair, you can system-wide block ads using NetGuard. You just have to use a good hosts file and use the FDroid version.

Install the tvOS profile and it will stop bitching about updates.

Also don't ask Sup Forums for help they'll just tell you to get 'x' instead of actually helping you.