ARCHITECTURE THREAD

So beautiful, but I wouldn't swim in that water for anything. What the fuck is in there? Nothing, but I'm still scared.

Other urls found in this thread:

kaimichael.com/unborncities#/id/i10678035
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Nothing in the water
Silly.

NOT TECHNOLOGY

this is part of an abandoned canalworks in my town
the entire complex is massive but a lot of it is partially sunk into the swamps or covered by greenery

Chinese silent hill irl
kaimichael.com/unborncities#/id/i10678035

blast off nigga i could run a sex cult from in this room i thought you said i wouldnt like it

Prefabs are technology

>he doesn't like deconstructivism

its shit in person and to live near and looks horribly dated

How does the process of designing a building work?

How far does the responsibility of the architect extend?

Like does he just draw the general shape of the building and lets someone else figure out the details?

Where? It's nice, though I'd hate to step on any broken needles walking through that grass.

Ontario midlands in Canada
north of Toronto, south of lake simcoe

some stuff sunk into the swamp

>repositng

there used to be a huge underground section as well where you could walk around, the best part was the huge turbine room

but they filled it with concrete a few years ago because someone broke their leg.

1. Architect makes ridiculous fanciful bullshit
2. Engineer tells them design is hideously over budget
3. Client cares about budget above all else
4. Fuck it, just slap some cuboids together and apply random surface finishes
5. One more bland """modern""" condo highrise

Not a 100% but from family that's worked in construction (residential not commercial), architects will draft up a plan and give it to the crew in charge to build it. Most of the time the plans are sound in regards to the homeowner's needs, but in the cases they get ambitious the supervisor/contractor of the job site has to make sure it's doable and to code. If not they'll have to revise their plans. [spoiler]That or they'll get into a fight and try to get the homeowner on their respective side.[/spoiler]

welcome to my new house!

Why can't every building have nice architecture and furniture? Why do we plebs have to live in such bland uninspired buildings?

Wrong. Designer makes ridiculous shit, engineer tells about budget and construction destabilty, architect trying to solve this problems.

Because function is absolutely essential and the aid of a form expert costs extra

Also tell me how badly you want a house that's 80% windows on the exterior

money

I like poundbury as a way to bring more human centered designs and making them affordable for plebes

>slap some cuboids together and apply random surface finishes
Is there a good name for this? I've heard "orthogonal decoupage", but I kind of hate that.

gross lol this one sucks

That project got cancelled because it triggered americucks who see 9/11 everywhere.