NEWPIPE 0.8.9 IS OUT. FREE YOURSELF FROM THE YOUTUBE BOTNET NOW

>2017
>using the official Youtube botnet instead of the open source, audio playing, downloading and Google Play-less Newpipe.

Fix:

fixed url signature decrypt error
fixed "can't play video" aka background button problem
fixed white screen problem for jb and ics

github.com/TeamNewPipe/NewPipe/releases/tag/v0.8.9

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/TeamNewPipe/NewPipe/releases/tag/v0.8.9
f-droid.org/repo/org.schabi.newpipe_23.apk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How do you install this?

Yes, i am autism

>youtube frontend
>had a "can't play video" error

lmao retarded. But hey you called the other thing a botnet, that will definitely make me switch :^)

>github.com/TeamNewPipe/NewPipe/releases/tag/v0.8.9
install gentoo and compile it

It's not like I care if you use this program. I don't use it myself. But your reasoning is stupid.

You simply won't use a software if it at one point had a bug that prevented you from using it temporarily?

What kind of magical OS/browser must you then be using to be shitposting here?

Install F-Droid if you haven't already, download from there

Search for "f-droid", either install the fdroid app or just search for newpipe on the site. If you install the app you'll have to first refresh repositories and then search.
After you've downloaded newpipe just install it the way you would any app.

Had fdroid

My repos are just shit ;__;

What are good fdroid repos anyway?

f-droid.org/repo/org.schabi.newpipe_23.apk

direct link to the apk

Skytube is better desu

>can't download
>can't play age restricted content
It really isn't. It's only good if you actually care about comments or subscriptions.

Can I like videos, manage subscriptions, and have playlist?

Playlists are coming soon, there's actually a fork of it which has playlist support. The other 2 things are irrelevant to adults.

Account sign in, or at the very least account-less subscriptions, when?

It's the only thing keeping me on microG. Once newpipe has this feature I can go pure AOSP.

>no subscription
Wow its fucking nothing
Completely useless, stop shilling

Thanks! Been wondering why it stopped working this week. Updating now.

>no DASH

If youtube-dl can do it why can't newpipe?

Skytube has this. Ffs
>I need to download videos or convert them to mp3
NewPipe
>I want youtube to be social media, so I need subscriptions and to view comments
SkyTube
>I want both
Wait for someone to merge them if it hasn't happened already.
>I also want to like/dislike
This requires logging in, which is against these two project's goals. You don't belong in this thread.

Is this too difficult to understand?

Not everyone needs subscriptions. Over half of my friends, including me, don't subscribe or like videos.

>modify or delete the contents of your SD card
>read the contents of your SD card

Botnet.

I wonder who's behind this post

NewPipe is great if you want
>playing YouTube videos with HW encoder (YouTube app uses SW encoder iirc which is why your phone might gets hot since SW uses CPU)
>playing YouTube videos in background e.g. for music
>playing YouTube videos in a resizable, pinnable window (send to VLC)
>downloading videos/audio only on the fly
Other than that you're better off using the YouTube app or SkyTube I guess. But I have both installed for their own purposes so yeah

>fixed url signature decrypt error

thank god it made it unusable

>he doesn't compile it himself

Kek. Enjoy using outdated software

TFW you've never compiled a program yourself despite using a computer for 15 years.

I-I can wait

thanks for the announcement I had been waiting for a couple days now and forgot about it

finally, I couldn't watch any videos on my phone for weeks

>he doesn't use a package manager
Kek, enjoy having to track down and download every tiny update by yourself, Windows® style!

>Skytube

Tried it. It's shit.

>he has youtube subscriptions

are you gay or female?

You can download you fucking idiot

I tried your app, OP and you still can't listen to YouTube in the background. Until that feature is implemented there really is no reason to switch to it from the YouTube native app.

>Sup Forums
yes

well that was quick

????

literally just tap the headphone button at the top

>fixed url signature decrypt error

Fucking finally.

Lmao android users have to to download a separate app beside the gapps Youtube to watch videos without ads
Man I'm glad I'm on Windows Mobile

That's offensive as fuck.
I'm both gay and female and I don't even have a youtube/google account.

Youtube app has ads, cuck. Never recommend it

No they don't. Also
>I'm using windows phone
Enjoy your shit OS.

For all the niggers that want subscriptions, use youtube's rss function.
Export your subscriptions as a OPML file, than use a RSS browser like flym from fdroid and set the open in browser button to NewPipe.

>No they don't.
seems like that's the point of the thread
>I'm using windows phone
>Enjoy your shit OS.
Haha sure it's such a bad thing that my phone doesn't slow down over time and that it doesn't get it's battery drained by the botnet Play Store and mother Alphabet

>defending lack of comments

Sometimes they're good, like if you watch a lecture or a talk and someone pipes up in the comments clarifying something that wasn't clear.

I agree though, that newpipe is on the whole better, though the dev is slower to fix issues so skytube is good to have in case. I'm using both until one properly establishes itself as the best.

Is it still limited to 720p playback?
If it's the case I won't bother with it.
Some of us have smartphones that have displays with more than 1080p display and unlimited LTE data plans.

>playing YouTube videos with HW encoder (YouTube app uses SW encoder
Source on this info?

Can I sign-in post comments and watch my subscriptions yet?

Thanks.

>slow down over time
Neither does mine
>battery drain
My phone loses exactly 0% battery overnight (around 7h), I don't understand what your point is. You also have the option to disable or uninstall gapps and you can use yalp store instead of gplay.

FREE YOURSELF FROM THIS LIFE NOW
When are you going to stop shilling this shitty app. There is literally no reason to use it

Ill give it 2 weeks before it's "broken" again.

>slow down over time
>Neither does mine
Not yet
>battery drain
>I don't understand what your point is.
Android in general has the worst battery life next to iOS
>You also have the option to disable or uninstall gapps and you can use yalp store instead of gplay.
What's the point of using a non google app store to avoid the botnet, if the botnet is embedded already

I don't give a shit about botnet, yalp is much lighter than gapps and doesn't waste battery. That's it's point.
Any device will have shit battery life if you bloat it with apps. Android has great battery saving options unless you use 4.4.4 or lower versions.

>There is literally no reason to use it
what if i want to watch youtube videos on my phone?

This.
>inb4 youtube app
Ads, no integrated download or download as mp3 option, uses more bandwidth and resources.
>inb4 I need muh social media
Use Firefox. Literally the best mobile browser anyway, and you get all it's addons.

How do I compile this and get the apk?
I've been waiting for them to push out the new update on fdroid, but it's taking a while for them to do so.

>Being afraid of Youtube.
>2011+6
There's nothing illegal on Youtube in the first place. Plus, the recommendations are a really good feature for finding content. I didn't know about Jontron until I saw it on the sidebar.

Newpipe has recommendations too.
They currently don't have playlist support, but there is a pull request on GitHub for it.
Not sure if there are any plans to incorporate subscriptions though.

>autistic help center
shouldn't that be "help center for autism"?
this triggers my autistic

Thanks user.

Nice, always wanted something like this. Glad an open source project exists for it.

Good work lads it's great for listening to music on YouTube.

>highest resolution you can choose is 720p
>no 60fps
this app is hot fucking garbitch

id rather get fucked with ads that use this piece of shit

it's because anything above 720p30 is only available as separate streams, which complicates things a little
while i can't speak for the devs, if it was me, i'd focus on more important things before worrying about handling >720p30

you know this is for phones, right?

>you know this is for phones, right?
And?
My phones is 1080x1920p

so is mine

Would be nice to have an app to youtube-dl and Tor on android.
If Stallman uses youtube-dl with Tor then so can I

Test

Did it work?

My phone is 1440x2560 and I'm fine with a 720p limit.
Obviously I would prefer if it supported all resolutions, but I only use YouTube for quick short videos or background playback. I don't use it for most of my media consumptions, and neither should you.
If YouTube is the source of all or most of your media consumptions, then you are either too young to be here or should be on reddit instead.

desu I just want to listen to asmr videos without having the light from my screen.

once 0.8.9 comes out on fdroid I'll hop back on it and see if everything works well, like it did before the background bug.

It's already out, refresh your repository or use the website. To compile in future
>install java (development)
>install android studio
>download newpipe source
>open project, compile project
It's possible to do this without installing android studio, but it still requires you to download android SDK.

So is mine. It's irrelevant, really. 720p is fine, you have SkyTube for 1080p.

There is tor for android. Orbot app and orfox browser.

Oh, I didn't realize my repos were out of date. Thanks for the reminder.

sweet, thanks my guy.
I haven't added any apps from fdroid in a long time, so I haven't manually updated my repository in a while :)

>My phones is 1080x1920p
>not having a res of 1440x2560 on a phone
What year is it 2010?

OGYouTube is infinitely better though + download button and other features.

I'm not going to trust youtube javascript in orfox but I had a look at termux and found tor, torsocks, and youtube-dl. Then I'll use some video player. I think I'll use them but it would be nice to have it in a nice app. Thanks anyway

But is it open source?

Last one. There's other goodies/features but I figured I'd showcase some of its settings.

>having to pay to remove ads
I'd rather get this for free with newpipe, skytube or a browser + adblock/hosts.

Whelp. Forgot my screenshot.

Closed source but he had a git now it's gone though lol so no lol

AdAway, NetGuard, etc plus he's not forcing nor obligating you nor users to fork over a few shekels to remove ads, I have four months of YouTube Red for free so I have nothing to bitch over unlike you over mere ads and plus you can download the videos and watch through MS Player anyway.

this
>OGYouTube

$hill detected. How much does the dev pay you? It has the same features as newpipe with the exception of 1080p+ video quality and the lack of Kodi support.

kys

but he really needs a cup of tea ;)

>he's onto me
>panic.jpg
>better type "kys" or insult him! That should prove he's wrong!

What if it's the Dev himself :0

>1080p+ video quality
So it's better.

>>playing YouTube videos with HW encoder (YouTube app uses SW encoder iirc which is why your phone might gets hot since SW uses CPU)

[citation need]

If you need that resolution it's ok. Almost nobody gives a shit or watches up to 720p to not waste bandwidth.

>having bandwidth limitations

>on a phone
Yes, it's normal.

Way to alienate the other half

Better to have or have not.

I propose having a in-house subscription which check the latest videos of the listed users

In a 3rd world country maybe

He's talking shit

Nah

>no subscription feed
>no comments
>can't go above 720p 30fps
>you can't minimize the video while browing the app like in the official app
>no search filtering
>channels aren't organized like in the official, instead newpipe simply cramps all videos into a single page
>it tries to materielmeme so badly but doesn't even follow basic material design guidelines like 16px padding and correct accent colors
>videos play in a seperate 'window' instead of just showing up above the comments like in the official app

But heyyyy. Sacrificing all that shit just not to be part of the botnet is totally worth it, right?

right?

Its shit guys.

Background play still isnt working properly on my g4 play. Audio keeps going silent while the file keeps playing but i only hear it every 4 seconds. Fix when?

I still love newpipe though. Its awesome

How many of you watch videos with newpipe built in player?
i always use vlc for audio only and mxplayer for video

Dude. Why the fuck should I use multiple apps just to get the same shit the official app offers.

Convenience is key and as long as the botnet provides that I'm fine with it.

NewPipe seems great for background playback and downloading so I'm gonna keep it for that but no app comes close to the official one in terms of usability and comfyness.