I've never used a wireless mouse. Are they slower and less responsive compared to wired mice?

I've never used a wireless mouse. Are they slower and less responsive compared to wired mice?

Other urls found in this thread:

gamersnexus.net/guides/2594-wireless-mouse-click-latency-analysis-vs-wired
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No.

Most of the time yes. There are a couple of outrageously expensive exceptions. Wireless mice are always heavier than their wired counterparts as well.

What about recharging? Last time I tried a wireless mouse was 15 years ago and this fucking whore had to be recharged every day via a special charging station.

>>niggercattle
Surely you've known battery tech and power consumption of nearly every device to have improved in the last 15 years.
Not fuck off with your (You) thread.

they last like 6 months with a single battery
only good thing is how clean your workplace looks with wireless kb and mouse

Everyting wireless is worse than wired
The only good thing is that there is no wire

>only good thing is that there is no wire
That's the whole point bruh

>Are they slower and less responsive compared to wired mice?
No

Everything stated in this post is false.

Nowadays there are some great wireless mice that work and feel exactly the same as wired mice. Regarding battery, the one I have lasts for about a week and uses a normal micro USB cable to recharge. You can also use it while charging so you aren't forced to stop using the computer just because the mouse doesn't have any battery.

So basically you bought a "wireless" mouse that needs to be connected to the computer via a wire in order to work?

No, I bought a wireless mouse that I can also have wired if I feel like it.

>batteries and transmitters weigh nothing

kden
The only decent wireless mouse is the G403 wireless and it is both heavier and significantly more expensive than the wired edition.

Bluetooth transmitters weigh less than a gram user.

Friendly reminder that most cabled """gamer""" mouses have fucking weights inside them to seem heavier.

Unless their battery is nearly empty? No.

I still prefer wired mice though, solely so that I don't have to fucking deal with batteries. It's an annoyance.

Other might prefer wireless because wires annoy them.

OP is a sissy fag

No.

Get an M705 and never look back.

that's a cute vampire you got there

Got a Logitech mk200 wireless combo and they didn't feel laggy at all. Theyre like budget edition too, got them for like $15. Then again I barely play games, so...

Logitech G602 (or G900 if you are rich)

logitech M185 and M325 here, I play FPS all day no prob at all. Logitech is really good mouse I love M325 fast scroll a lot.

As long as they have good batteries that are charged up you won't notice any difference. When the batteries lose their charge, it will be sluggish and unresponsive.

I want to facefuck the dullahan.

Who is this semen druid?

If you're not doing twitch-reflex based shit, then it's highly unlikely that you'll see a difference. For normal stuff, it's hardly noticable IMO.

get an Apple Magic Mouse, it just works. It doesn't have wacky numbers in the name

Almost unnoticeable. The single worst thing is when you left the mouse idle and it needs additional input to wake up. That's when you really feel the lag.

Also, cute vampire.

what anime is this

>Are they slower and less responsive compared to wired mice?
Pretty much. High end wireless mice are about as good a cheap wired mice.

Boku no Demi-chan.

Fpbp

maybe 10 years ago but today they're just a nuisance to charge

>cables weigh nothing

Batteries are much lighter than a cable

nigga what world do you live in

It's like a sub 10ms difference, not noticeable unless you're playing competitive FPS

what

>Everything stated in this post is false.
If you ever used some of the earlier non-bluetooth wireless mice, or cheap wireless mice this post is dead accurate. Depending on where you put the mouse as well you can have issues with wireless mice.

I recommend g403 over anything else, superb latency and great build quality. Battery life is around 3-4 days and only require around an hour for full charge with the cable. Its only 10 g more compared to the wired version.

>Battery life is around 3-4 days
>3-4 days
pls tell me this is some sort of joke
Why would anybody use a mice that only lasts 3-4 and then it has to be recharged?

Why would anyone use a mouse that needs to be charged period? Wireless shit is a meme, the only appropriate use for wireless anything is when it is unfeasible or impractical to have a wire.

don't use them. save yourself time, money and stress

Everything wireless is also less secure.

Bluetooth is everywhere and isn't power effective since the electromagnetic radiation that make these signals is blocked by us since our bodies get in the way of data transmissions, obstructions resulting in path loss circumvented by boosting power.

Tech should adapt to humans instead of humanity adapting to tech, which is why magnetic field human body communication is so hot right now.

Magnetic field human body communication prevents any kind of digital eavesdropping, as the signals are largely contained to your body. radiated off your body, nor can it be transmitted from one person to another.

It’s part of our evolutionary history. Magnetoreception may be the primal sense.

Throatjob?

Are you awake for 96 hrs at a time user?
Just fucking plug it up when you go to sleep.
I use mine wired on my desktop and wireless on my chinkpad. Just werks.

Autism

Are you fucking retarded? I'd rather charge the mouse for an hour in my sleep/afk than having to deal with a sloppy wire. Stop being to autistic. Since you don't see a problem with a wire then what is the fucking problem with charging it?

its 3-4 days of usage you idiot, it turns itself off when you don't use it and it starts again when you move it.

Doesn't really last 96hours, otherwise you would have said so.
Meaning that it lasts for the avg time you use your pc times 3-4, meaning that is very likely that if I forget to charge for one day I might not have a working mice in the middle of the next day
when you can't even understand the post you're reading you shouldn't be calling others idiots

If you only used a wired mouse before it feels HEAVY AS FUCK, which could be confused for latency.

>sloppy wire
you have only yourself to blame for poor cable management
>Since you don't see a problem with a wire then what is the fucking problem with charging it?
Because I don't want to pay more for a less responsive and heavier mice that I have to charge every other day

>tfw g602
>comfy as shit
>battery literally lasts months of 7+hours daily use
>doesn't notice any performance loss except for a slight annoyance in csgo
>no wires

Best techpurchase of last year desu.

My shitty Logitech mouse lasts from 6 months to 2 years. On a single AA battery.

Another /g602/ master race here

Cant remember the last time I used a wired mouse.

Nice fang.

It's not less responsive though, it's at the same response level as other wired mice if not even better. Here you go gamersnexus.net/guides/2594-wireless-mouse-click-latency-analysis-vs-wired and next time stop shoving shit out of your ass.

Nope, unless you bought a shitty one. My g900 is fast as fuck with no lag or weight issues.

>in csgo
enjoy silver II

user...

it's within the realms of possibility

It's already within the realm of my fantasy.

well unless you play competitive games you should't need faster ones

Radio transmission travels by the speed of light. Signals in cables travel slower. So wireless mice are faster.

Actually it's entirely possible that the wormhole doesn't operate faster than the speed of light. Machi might not notice the time lag between head and body because it's only 0.999c or whatever.
An experiment where the head and body are on separate continents would help, but only going into space would be definitive, as staying on earth would require shit like passing an ethernet cable down her throat.

no it's not, the point is to have a device which manipulates a cursor on your screen, everything else is details

thanks

No problem. Just don't head into the thread on Sup Forums right now. There's a yurifag shitting up the thread.

is that reverse psychology?

No.

>tfw no pathologically romantic succubi gf
why live

why does this have 70 replies?

71 (72)

also
>obvious answer to the question
>gaymen topic, allowing everyone to spew random bullshit
>cute op image

G900/g402 or bust

I mostly do not buy them because the design is usually shit and I hate recharging.

T. a guy who bought r.a.t. 7, which was best wireless there is in regard to recharging.

Yes they are slower (speed light through copper vs speed of w/e wavelength the wireless mouse uses through air)

Sometimes, but you'll never noticed unless you can see 200 nano seconds or less.

Is the plural of mouse mice or mouses?

They used to be really fucking unreliable, back when the receivers were the size of flash drives.

Now they last a year on a single battery and have insane amount of range and work even work on transparent surfaces because they don't use blinding red light anymore.

I outgrew mice though, now I just use the nub on my thinkpad all the time, and I can't stand using other people's laptops because they don't have one

Heavy my ass.

mice is used more often, but i guess both options are okay

Mices.

The improved handling more than makes up for any increase in latency, which I have never experienced even on a cheap one. I am very sensitive to the mouse wire pushing and pulling on me as I move my hand around.

:Thinking:

No, and even if there is it's definitely not noticeable. Interference isn't a problem either.

I have a Logitech M570 and it works fantastically. No cables and even when I have no place to put my hand I don't lose any mobility.

the rodents are mice
the input devices are mouses

>allowing you keyboard and mouse clicks to be viewable plaintext over the air

this
1 moron + 1 public place + 1 wireless mouse and/or keyboard + 1 kid with a spying app on his smartphone = trouble

Wow everyone, we have a time traveler from the 90s here!

It's the 2 AA batteries that cribute the weight, not the Bluetooth adapter asshat.

Here are my two opinions on wireless mice

1) for gameing, they are good enough most of the time, but personally, I never want any hardware that I can blame being the cause of the failure, I want the cause of failure all on me so I know I fucked up and I can fix that. wireless could suddenly lag, could die, or could miss an input, and im not willing to do that.

2) for a normal use, more than good enough, however recharging could become a hassle and lets be honest, unless you are a notebook user, do you REALLY need that wireless option?

The fact is that most wireless mice made after 2013 have little to no noticeable input lag.

Don't let the autists on this site tell you any different.