Friendly list of software for winrefugees

ITT: Software for GNU/Linux that is easy to use and can potentially replace its counterpart on Windows.

Maybe this way normies can into GNU/Linux without the hassle.

>Music Player
DeaDBeeF. Good looks means noob friendly. The alternative is Clementine.
>Video Player
VLC. Good defaults and doubles as a music player too.
>Office Suite
LibreOffice. It has a word clone, powerpoint, excel, etc.
>Ebook Viewer
Okular. Watch your books in a beautiful way. Is big on Qt/KDE dependencies but noobs aren't generally interested in that.
>Drawing
Krita. Made by artists this is a professional grade software, but easy to use.
>Image Editing (a.k.a. "photoshoping")
Inkscape. Want to cut, crop or add text? Easy and fast.
>Burning CD/DVD
Xfburn. Easy, fast, reliable.
>File Manager
PCManFM. All you need to browse your computer.
>Image Viewer
GThumb. A powerhouse of image organizer and not just an image viewer, triples as a video player.
>Web Browser
IceCat. Secure by default, can have firefox addons, also fast. Disable the LibreJS addon because it can be annoying for noobs.
>Chat, Voip (skype)
Pidgin. Can connect to all chats, videochats, etc.
>RSS Feeds
Liferea. Do yu read feeds? You should.
>IRC
HexChat. Be comfy on one of the oldest ways of shitposting.
>Search Engine
YaCy. Is time to leave the botnet, host your own search engine.
>Java
IcedTea. Launch java natively without losing freedom.
>Virtual Machine
Virtualbox. So you can start distro hoping.
>"Emulation"
WINE. To launch photoshop and play gaymes.
>Download Manager
JDownloader. Download from everywhere without recurring to the command line.
>Torrent
Transmission-gtk. Easy and reliable, don't need more.
>Backup
Bison. Backup your stuff the lazy way.
>Window Manager
IceWM. This is more easy to use than openbox, or windows. Can look good too.
>Accounting
GnuCash. So you can keep track of the bucks you are saving when using free software.

That's a good list, but windows user are lazy. The don't want to move their fucking ass from windows still for a 10000 years.

Yes they are lazy, that is the purpose of this list. A little spoonfeeding can attract people after they test the waters.

> VLC
into the bin you go

PS. mpv is a cheap knockoff of madVR

Only Blender deserves respect on that shitlist. And that only because it was at Enterprise level before it was even open sourced. You can't compete with corporations of thousands using 10 neckbearded sperglords hacking something they can't sell.

So you recommend IceWM for lazy Windows users? There isn't many distros shipping it OOTB, beside I don't thing more than 0.001% of Windows users could be interested in using it anyway.

Check out what he linked as a replacement to AutoCAD.

HAHJAHJAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

no.

DIdn't hear about Natron, will take a look.

I guess you are right. Too bad, IceWM IS easier.

Yes I thought that too, trolls are abundant these days.

> implying
Blender is actually good (I guess maybe 1 or 2 others I don't know yet from the list because I don't care of the category). But the freeturds are genuinely pushing for shit like that CAD program as "full replacements".

When will you understand Linux is absolutely horrendous for the Desktop.

Even Mac OS is almost similar let alone this fucking bullshit.

Look who it is again, shitty apps guy! I'm fed up with your shit faggot. The other day when you posted that infographic, yeah, haven't forgotten about that yet.
Fuck you I've been making /fglt/ threads for months and probably make more /flt/ threads than you anyways. Don't you know that you make yourself look like a newfag when you post those links to leddit?
Just because you learned how to make some shitty infographics does not give you the right to post leddit links at any time.

How about CAM though? CAD has tons of free options, but I've yet to find a decent free option for CAM.

what if I use Autodesk Inventor? I doubt there's a decent freetard alternative.

also, libreoffice is shit compared to MS office and is surely not a valid replacement for AutoCAD. even AutoCAD 97 looks better than that crap.

Not that guy, I didn't make those infographs.

Wait a minute, are you talking about fglt? So you are saying the change in the OP happened without you and you are some kind of "owner" of that thread?

what is happening here guys?

>implying Sup Forumstards are "professionally" using any Windows exclusive software and can't switch because of that
>implying the only reason for not switching is "muh AAA gaymen"
The only reason for not switching from Windows to Linux is having the baby duck syndrome. If you're really dependent on Windows exclusive stuff, you can run WINE or a VM with GPU passthrough. There is no reason for not choosing freedom and privacy, unless you're a retarded cuck, literally.

the guy is altered and you want to troll him, stop, and quit impersonating me

Blender is a viable alternative to 3DS Max. It's not a viable alternative to Maya, which itself isn't a viable alternative to 3DS Max. Both are industry standards for a reason. They each excel at different things.

>libreoffice is shit compared to MS office
This is true. LibreOffice completely lacks any MS logos, and is thus unsuitable. What if someone saw me using something that very clearly didn't cost me anything? I mean MS stuff is bad enough because it doesn't carry the same prestige as Apple products, but people will think I am trailer filth if I use something free.

>more expensive = better than
>always
>ALWAYS!

I deal with lawyers. They want their shit constructed fast, sent out fast, and formatted identical. If I run freeturd versions I'm going to have minor variations from their software and piss them off.

It's also business sectors of that sort that can never run LaTeX. They just want everything quick and dirty but also "good enough". They aren't making 4-page Papers or whole books.

This is not unreasonable, but it is not the typical situation that most of these anti-FOSS dipshits around here are in either. There's not much difference in using Gimp vs Pirated Photoshop for editing and rehashing dank memes. There's no reason why LibreOffice isn't sufficient for typing up crank letters or shopping lists for mom so she'll get the correct brand of chicken teddies and cereal this time. Any free CAD software can be used to design dildos and custom action figures. Their arguments against FOSS are not valid.

>freeturd
can you guess how I know you are not talking seriously?

arch wiki makes this thread redundant

SMPlayer is good too

Kodi for listen to good radio and to watch some Tv shows.

Some of your choices are okay like LibreOffice, Okular, VLC and IceCat but others are misleading. You can't replace MPC-HC, Photoshop and Foobar.

Also the drivers on Linux suck ass which ensures I will never use Linux again.