What's the verdict on the butterfly switches?

What's the verdict on the butterfly switches?

Mac users only please.

the keys itself feel more stabilised and not like it has a middle pressure point you can wobble around on.

you don't get to type faster or anything like that though

The shallower key travel takes some time to get used to.

>taking penis up my ass takes some time to get used to

It feels like typing straight on a table. Easily the worst typing experience I've ever had. And their noise is just that, noise. It's not like the satisfying click of an MX Blue, it's just ear cancer.

designed to fail.

aka a short lifespan.

It's alright. Nice and clicky. Hated it at first, almost returned it for a 2015 model. But now I'm realizing that paying nearly the same price for haswell in 2017 is stupid.

Yes. Much rather pay more for a smaller battery, less ports and a worse typing experience. Skylake is so worth it.

I was skeptical at first. But after a day or two I was used to it and i feels normal. This is the "second gen" mechanism on a 2016 tbMBP. It's certainly less travel - but it's very solid.

When I go back and type on an MBA (my previous machine) - I feel like I'm typing on Scrabble tiles now.

With the same SSD the price is the same for the non-touchbar model. If I didn't buy this, I would have bought a thinkpad or something and save some money. Not paying 1500 for haswell in 2017.

>skylake
>2017

Fucking retard.

Having only tried them for extended periods on a few occasions, they arent all that hard to get used to

shitty, but not even remotely as shitty as the goddamn trackpad top hinging thing.

I'm returning mine tomorrow probably. It's not worth 2000 dollars. It's so fucking expensive for what you get.

Thinking of picking up an xps 13 instead and installing linux on it.

>Mac users only please.
>on Sup Forums

I'm sure both of them will be glad to reply.

Have you ever owned a video game controller with clicky buttons?
Feels like that.

>>taking penis up my ass takes some time to get used to

Well some people are naturals!

Serviced enough Mac's with this mechanism to know that the mechanism is vulnerable to jamming up or having a very dull click from small debris under the key and the worst is paint of the keys wearing off from regular use which leaves the key looking transparent.

First issue for keys can be addressed by reseating the keycap, but second one often requires replacement of the keycap which is not likely to last much longer either.

The cheaper 12" MacBook Retina models are affected worst than the 2016 MacBook Pro models, but only time will confirm whether the keys on the MacBook Pro models are noticeably better.

Personally I would prefer the normal laptop keyboard mechanism from the 2015 model MacBook Pro models to the newer mechanisms.

/thread

This. Also the fact that the keys are 1nm taller than the fucking BEZEL AROUND EACH KEY BECAUSE IT IS A FUCKING CHICKLET BOARD is really irritating.

They really need to put a real keyboard back into at least ONE Apple laptop.

What's the verdict on having always been able to choose the tactile nature and layout of your keyboards from the beginning of time?

Non-Mac users only, please.

There is a point where travel distance is really too short. Best feeling keyboard have at least 1.5mm travel distance. Best scissor switch I used is on standalone low profile keyboard that is not even that expensive. Stiff base and consistent force needed to press they keys are the more important features of good laptop keyboard. Designing switch just to shave 1mm of laptop thickness is fools errand.

>"""premium""" brand
>paint rubs off of keys
o i am laffin

but once you do, prostate massages are amazing. You should try it. ejaculation aint got shit on a prostate orgasm.

Why does it matter? The only thing that matters is the build quality...can it break easily? Is it a damn hassle to pop it off and back on? If so it's shit. Other than that I don't give a damn.

Many third party keyboard makers laser etch to get around this.

underrated

>premium brand

;^)