Autistic Presidential IP Phone Thread

Asterisk autist here. Looks like the current setup on the Oval Office desk is two IP phones, both Cisco. One looks like an 8861, the other a 7975G with a sidecar that has since been removed.

Nerdy, ridiculous, autistic IP phone thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Communications_Interoperability_Protocol
youtube.com/watch?v=9SI2AUjSkBk
kstreet607.com/2015/02/16/presidential-firsts-in-tech/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

More recent pick with sidecar removed from 7975.

Looks like he is almost always using the 7975. Wonder which is used for what? Maybe the 8861 is the "bat phone" used for some higher security conversations...? Who the hell knows.

Looks like he has (or had) an old Merlin phone in his NYC office.

Attached the file this time, goddamned thing.

I wish I had enough time to be interested in this

Most of the recent Obama pictures also show the 7975G/8861 setup except for this one - no idea what the heck this phone is.

Obama using the 7975G.

Situation room has those special 7975Gs, merlin, older 7900 series.

>pretending to work
>its not plugged in

What happened to red phones? Red phones were the bomb.

>Red phones were the bomb
maybe that's why they got rid of them

>Sequence of the real Red Phones, not for the Washington-Moscow Hotline, but for the US Defense Red Switch Network (DRSN).

How do you See that?

>how do you see that?
it's called humorvision, you faggot

Putin phones are best phones.

(also, obama is a nigger)

My first experience with * was this past couple of weeks setting up a phone system for my office.

15 stations (various Grandstreams) w/an older HP server running CentOS/Asterisk.

Worked great, except that one out of every 20ish calls would have no audio for the first 3-10 seconds of the call. Wireshark showed RTP packets flowing the whole time for sample calls. Even got a Polycom VVX400 just to see if it was the phones or not, but it had the same issue.

After shitloads of troubleshooting and forum skulking, I figured out that Asterisk is shit and we went our separate ways. Plus it meant that everyone in our small office was/is pissed at me for fucking up their calls with their clients.

Plus I'm sure that the US gov't is balls deep in Cisco contracts and their IT people would think that an open source phone system is a virus, so I doubt that Asterisk has anything to do with a Cheeto calling the Chinese to invoke WW3.

just curious, while you were troubleshooting what did your VEK rate/s look like on effected stations?

Sorry to hear that. I also doubt the government uses Asterisk - at least for mundane, obvious use cases like office phone systems (they may use it as some hacking tool, who knows).

I have used it for several years with Cisco 7962, 7975, cordless SIP phones, yealinks and other nerdy shit. I put it in my poverty-stricken church also, so they can actually have some working phones and an IVR for inbound calls.

It can indeed be a pain in the ass, particularly if you want to use it with Cisco or other proprietary handsets. But once it's working, it's an amazingly awesome tool, especially if you work from home a lot.

White House receptionist from back in the day.

One is likely to be unclassified and the other is classified.

The classified phone probably employs this:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Communications_Interoperability_Protocol

Ignore what I said.

The classified phone is probably connected to SIPRNet/JWICS

Are those Nazi plates on the shelf?

youtube.com/watch?v=9SI2AUjSkBk

Watching this guy's video years ago got me into it. Google Voice + Asterisk + Cisco phones = free, unlimited domestic calling. Of course, you can do SIP or something else if you don't dig Google. I've used it for years, it really is the shit.

That is some cumbersome setup. Okay, no dial, I guess that makes sense if you have an operator, but so many handsets! How does he keep them all straight?

On top of that it looks like he has a switchboard right at his desk.

I've seen pictures of Cheney and other top level guys - one phone, MAYBE two, that's it.

What's this?

It's a plaque given given to members of the secret Jewish society for world leaders.

he is half jew, don't you know? but since his mother is not Jewish he only got that plaque

I like these autistic Sup Forums threads.

I might just get me one of those 8861s and see if I can get it working with Asterisk. 7975 is a great phone, especially with the G722 codec.

Do they use freepbx?

No computer?!?

You'd think they'd get these guys a headset - at least a wired one - for all the time they spend on the phone.

Seriously doubt it. Probably CUCM, Cisco's proprietary phone switch running SCCP or Cisco's version of SIP.

OP, I gotta commend your knowledge of ip phones. You mad bastard, may your reign of fairly niche but seemingly in depth knowledge continue.

Thanks user. Phones are part of how I make a living, and I rolled out an open source implementation at home to justify working from home (partly).

Also, it is kinda cool realizing you use the same phone as the President.

>mfw you can buy those things on eBay for cheap

Fuck that model, holy shit I hate it so much.

>tricky Dick on an old, traditional, analog key system phone

>tfw you may be cool, but you'll never be Ronnie Raygun dual-phones on Air Force One cool

Curious to know why? What models do you like?

>Ronnie rockin' the really big key system

>Dubya

>Silent Cal making the first transatlantic call to the King of Spain in '27

>Bush 41, looks likes same key system as Raygun

>have yealink phone
>try to set it up via its webUI
>insert SIP server
>SERVER INVALID
>type it again
>SERVER INVALID
>"wtf"
>type the same thing using the phone UI instead (typing on it sucks dick, besides the LCD screen is kinda shitty)
>works

What the hell Yealink, get your shit together.

So, if I am not mistaken if somebodys' mother is not jewish their children is not considered jewish at all no?

>IKTF.jpg

I've worked with the T46 and T21s - firmware issues galore. I always update to the latest one - but the carrier sometimes uses autoprov to push out an older version with bugs.

Depends on who's doing the considering.

>LBJ in the President's study, 1965

>Hoover in 1930

They were still answering the phone themselves in those days, I believe.

>Rutherford B. Hayes in 1877

The White House got its first telephone in 1877, during the single-term presidency of Rutherford B. Hayes. The original phone number for the president was 1, though at the time the phone was installed, only the U.S. Treasury Department was able to ring him directly.

kstreet607.com/2015/02/16/presidential-firsts-in-tech/

Welp, I forgot the damned picture of Hayes.

he has transcended

Those are some old ass fucking phones

What is autistic about his phones? I don't understand.

It's a light-hearted take on being preoccupied with a specific technology or technology area.

Tried updating the firmware and the issue persists.

Also, i had two T19p models and both REFUSED to work with the same server settings...

Yealink, never again.

That one is for speaking to aliens

Did you try contacting support? They have hilariously bad English, but sometimes they can help, or at least get a bug opened. They seem to try, anyway.

All the Asterisk-friendly SIP phones seem have drawbacks - flaky, build quality, price point, design quality...

I mostly use Cisco - also has some issues but the Sip presence patch makes it work well enough to be happy with it.

It does look like an alien phone.