Used to have iphone 6

used to have iphone 6
>spend morning making a few calls and browsing Sup Forums on safarin for an hour or two
>battery at 20% by lunchtime

now have samsung j7
>spend morning making a few calls and browsing Sup Forums on clover for an hour or two
>battery at 85%
>watch some youtube videos on my lunchbrake
>make a few calls throughout the day
>battery at 69%

both were on lte mind you

Anyway, why is android so based especially when it comes to battery life? I thought Java had to use 2X resources and android processors were basically miniature amd chips?

Other urls found in this thread:

techcrunch.com/2015/06/22/consumers-spend-85-of-time-on-smartphones-in-apps-but-only-5-apps-see-heavy-use/
bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/09/14/report-looks-at-trends-with-mobile-apps/?_r=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>iphone
Found your problem.

do you have a blog i can subscribe to?

So all that talk about ios being more "optimized" because it doesn't use java" was all hogwash?

Sorry just so bummed out how shit my iphone was. I mean I barely did anything with it in the morning and by lunch it was already dying.

Android uses Java, but the only knowledge mactoddlers have of Java is Javascript or Java in a VM because they've never run it on a native system. They just keep memeing because that's all they understand. Android compiles Java to binary when an app is first installed and afterwards runs as fast as any native application does on its native platform.

>galaxy s3
50% by lunchtime

>iphone se
50% by dinnertime

>this is what itoddlers actually believe

those are facts, I own both

>battery on 4 year old phones don't last as long as brand new phones today

I got 2 new batteries for the galaxy

>Android compiles Java to binary when an app is first installed and afterwards runs as fast as any native application does on its native platform.
I did not know that, neat.

>$2 ebay chink batteries don't work as well as oem batteries

rly maeks u think

>used to have iphone 6
>>spend morning making a few calls and browsing Sup Forums on safarin for an hour or two
>>battery at 20% by lunchtime
>now have samsung j7
>>spend morning making a few calls and browsing Sup Forums on clover for an hour or two
>>battery at 85%
>>watch some youtube videos on my lunchbrake
>>make a few calls throughout the day
>>battery at 69%
>both were on lte mind you
>Anyway, why is android so based especially when it comes to battery life? I thought Java had to use 2X resources and android processors were basically miniature amd chips?
Cuz your Samsung got more specs
Bigger arm CPU and bigger battery

two supposedly original samsung batteries...

>old phone notorious for shitty battery life actually has shitty battery life and new phone praised for it's battery life is actually doing better
Shocking.

After updating my SE to 10.3 Beta, I had 103 motherfucking hours standby with 8h on screen time (basically bit browsing + snapshit in the morning/evening for couple days), had similar times before the update too, although the standby time was kinda shocking.

With more "normal" and active use, I still get easy 2 days battery life and like 30% left by the end of the second day. The phone got a 1600 mHa battery. I doubt Android would last even 6h on it.

>not sorting by browsing time
Even your fucking grandma won't talk to you for 20h straight.

Dude i have a samsung S4 its my favorite. the charger is just weak though. I feel like the tiny charger jack breaks easy. I uninstalled all apps FB, TWITTER anything I use all chrome browser. To keep my battery life. I dont even use FB Messenger. I just request desktop view on chrome to FB message.

No games to increase battery life also. Too many idle push notifications.

Only thing that kills my battery now is GPS. Maps whatever. Or the pandora/spotify playing.

>deletes all the fucking apps to safe battery life
>still streams music instead of fucking getting a micro sd card

>>not sorting by browsing time
>Even your fucking grandma won't talk to you for 20h straight.

As an es iphone user I thouroughly believe you're full of shit. Also battery by browsing time isn't very accurate because the browsers are completely different.

>Also battery by browsing time isn't very accurate because the browsers are completely different.
So what? If the stock Android browser is shit, it's the fault of Google. Besides, most people will use Chrome either way, no one has the time to find THAT ONE good browser out of 151514 different ones.

Web browsing is the main battery drain on smartphones sans GPS and FB app for most, so it should be the priority, no fucking one talks all day long on their smartphone. Videos seem like a fringe scenario too, people watch a yt video here and there, only turbo autists actually watch movies, so the stat isn't very representative for real use either.

>>Also battery by browsing time isn't very accurate because the browsers are completely different.
>So what? If the stock Android browser is shit, it's the fault of Google. Besides, most people will use Chrome either way, no one has the time to find THAT ONE good browser out of 151514 different ones.
>Web browsing is the main battery drain on smartphones sans GPS and FB app for most, so it should be the priority, no fucking one talks all day long on their smartphone. Videos seem like a fringe scenario too, people watch a yt video here and there, only turbo autists actually watch movies, so the stat isn't very representative for real use either.

wow so everyone is like you huh?

I am probably an atypical user since I barely use any social media, so no, I was talking about the average person, which is painfully obvious if you ever stepped a foot outside.

But hey, we live in 21th century now, no need too.

techcrunch.com/2015/06/22/consumers-spend-85-of-time-on-smartphones-in-apps-but-only-5-apps-see-heavy-use/

bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/09/14/report-looks-at-trends-with-mobile-apps/?_r=0

The only thing I didn't include was gayming.

So did these studies take into account at least 99% of all smartphone users and verify their claims?

Anyway you don't know what the average user does.

My brother and I have a similar experience. Except his would get pretty warm easily. My iphone 5s would get hot if I enabled gps tracking like for charity miles or maps for a while.

Given that smartphones are botnet devices, it's pretty simple to find out what users do either way.

No it isn't. If it was then the government and corporations would have abused the ever living fuck out of this information.

It'd be a scary world indeed, imagine corporations and governments collecting and spying on your data. Some 1984 type of shit that could never happen.

Moto g lte first gen
40 percent when I get home after a nine hour day

Strange how huxley was right. All we need is the age of vr waifus and android wifus to finish us off.

Not quite. There is still no soma and even weed legislation takes ridiculously long. Our overlords kinda suck. Almost if they were humans with different beliefs and ideas too.

You don't need weed to do brain damage. Thousands of depression pills already do that.

Chinks can into batteries.

i only have to charge my SE every 2-3 days

and it's not fuck huge

it's great

yup
best phone ive used in a long time, actually fits in my pocket, battery is good, looks great

And nobody wants to steal it because they think it's a 5

samefag

>only one person owns an iphone se

(You)
(You)
(You)
Correct. As was implied with the posts. Other guy(s) is/are probably another of millions SE.

Like, be reasonable for a second:

>The iPhone SE’s impact was all the more marked in the U.K., where it was the top selling smartphone with 9.2 percent marketshare, just ahead of the iPhone 6s on 9.1 percent.

>In the U.S., Kantar reported that the iPhone SE accounted for 5.1 percent of smartphone sales.

>iPhone SE factor didn’t conjure up the same impressive figures in China, where Kantar said the device took just 2.5 percent of sales.

I'm not assuming you don't know this but javascript isn't at all related to java.

That's what the dalvik to ART update was all about. First available as an option in Android 5 I think. Until then it ran Java in the JVM like all other devices.

how's the audio on the SE