/ag/ Apple General

/ag/ Apple General

Friendly Sup Forumsentoomen Edition

/ap/ Apple General is about discussing past, present, and future apple products as well recommending replacement parts and upgrading existing apple products.

>Recommended used apple products:

Any 2008-2010 Used Macbook Pro
2011-2012 MacBook Air
Early 2009 or Mid 2010 Mac Pro
2013 iPhone 5s
2104 iPhone 6

>Replacement Parts for Apple Products

dvwarehouse.com/Apple-Parts-c-2827_238.html
macpartsonline.com
commandmacparts.com

>Recommended Apple Stores to buy new or used Apple and Mac Products

macofalltrades.com
macconnection.com
eshop.macsales.com
refurb.me/en-us

>Apple News
9to5mac.com
macrumors.com/
appleinsider.com

If you are interested in buying old vintage apple products, Ebay, Craglist, OfferUp, LetGo are good places to buy, sell old vintage macs.

>DON'T GO OVER $1000 WHEN BUYING OLD VINTAGE MAC UNLESS ITS MINT OR NEAR MINT OR RARE APPLE PRODUCT

Previous Thread > →

Other urls found in this thread:

tonymacx86.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No need to format your post like spam.

If you have something to discuss about Apple just post it to the board.

:3

>tfw want an original Mac for shits and giggles

>Recommended used apple products:
You recommended absolute shit.
MacBook Pros from prior to 2010 cannot run Sierra.
Sandy Bridge Airs are fucking garbage in terms of reliability.
5S is counterfeit galore and most refurbishing sites. (not genuine parts and casings)
6 has Touch issues.

The SE/30 is far, far better than the original Mac/FatMac/Mac+ (or the later Mac Classics). You could load them up with 20M of RAM, and a 2GB drive, easy.

agreed, true shitpost.

>2011 13" Air
>Zero Issues, even after dropping it on a corner
>Bought refurbished in 2012 for $1k, probably have another 2-3 good years left in it
You don't know wtf you're talking about.

Anyone have experience using an AEK on modern Macs? Any issues I should be aware of?

What are your thoughts on the MacBook Pro 2016? I bought one and am kind of underwhelmed. It was pretty expensive.

>tfw new MacBook Pro drives dual 4K displays
>inb4 'but dongles'

test

dank

Every 'new' Apple product has issues with the first gen. The next update will be better.

>MacBook Pro 15 + HHKB Pro 2
>All I need.

On our work network, we have installed 8 or so identical printers (HP M402n) connected via ethernet, but the iPad Mini's only discover some of them. They have all been set up exactly the same, except for a different bonjour name. All of the IP's are reserved in DHCP and all on the same network. Yet the iPads only see 5 of them when they go to print. Those 5 we can print to just fine, but the other 3 aren't being recognized by the iPads. I've installed the Bonjour Printer Wizard on my Windows laptop and it sees all of them, no problem. We've done a hard reset on the three trouble printers, but still no luck. I checked for updates on the iPads, but they all say up to date. We do have several WiFi AP's throughout the area that the iPads connect to so I was wondering if this could be an issue. FYI, they have about 15 iPads they are using in the same general area.

Any ideas? This is driving the staff crazy, so any help or guidance would be appreciated. I'm not very knowledgeable on Apple products...

>"bu... bu... you can't do real work on an iPad!"

My screen of late MBP 2016 keep flickering after asleep , is that the problem of hardware?

Should I take it back and get a 2015? I like the way they look better. But I'm worried about buying such outdated hardware for 1500 dollars. But atleast it's cheaper than the 2000 I spent on this thing. 2.0 ghz... I could buy an ultrabook from another brand for the same price and get kabylake but the trackpad will be shit. So far I really prefer macOS over anything else I've used.

I told you before, disable IPv6 on the printers.

Test

I have a 2016 13" MacBook Pro with touch bar (8gb/256gb) and I just noticed that my battery isn't charging anymore while plugged in. It just says "battery is not charging / power source: power adapter". I already tried resetting the SMC controller, plugging into different socket, leaving the charger unplugged for several minutes before plugging in again, restarting, shutting down etc, but nothing has helped so far. Anyone has any ideas? coconut battery indicates cycle count as 7, my macbook pro is 27 days old...

Any ideas?

If you can exchange it for the 2015, I would. Performance difference will be negligible.

In another year or two, USB-C/TB3 accessories will be everywhere, then the new MBPs will be worth getting.

Whenever I connect my Macbook Pro to the WIFI, within a few minutes of it being connected it will still show wifi connection. Still indicate internet connection, but it will not upload or download anything (no streaming, no web browsing (gives the check internet message).

Additionally, whenever the internet stops working for the Macbook, randomly other apple devices will suddenly stop working.. sometimes it might be one of the iPads, sometimes the Apple TV, sometime 2 or 3 of the other devices.

However, other items that are connected to the internet that aren't apple always (so far) maintain internet connection. A windows tower computer, Aqualink for controlling the pool, work laptop with windows 8.

What has been tried so far:

Resetting the WIFI adapter - provides temporary fix for 3-10 minutes.
Hard reset on all apple devices, and a restart on the apple TV - does not resolve the issue. If it was a device that had no internet before, it won't have internet when it comes back up.. unless I reset the router or power down the Macbook.
disabling the firewall on the WIFI adaptor - no change.
Powering down and unplugging the cable modem for 30 seconds - same as resetting the wifi adapter.
ensuring all apple devices had no pending updates.
ensuring the wifi adapter and cable modem had most current software.
Turning off all other apple devices that are affected intermittently - Macbook still drops internet.
Turning on all apple devices, but turning off every non apple device that connects to the WIFI. - No change in symptoms. Macbook and random ios devices lose internet usage (but not connection) after a few minutes.
Turned off EVERYTHING that uses the wifi adaptor.. ios devices, non apple.. everything, BUT the Macbook. Same issue.
As long as the Macbook remains disconnected from the wifi, nothing else has issue.

Can NeXT play here too?

After not using the keyboard for a few minutes the touch bar will dim and turn off completely. However, when I try to "wake" the touch bar again by touching it or hitting a random key on the physical keyboard, the buttons don't show up until I touch in the specific spot that will activate the button. For instance, the bar is black but when I touch the bar on the right only the Siri button appears (the rest of the buttons still not light up) and activates Siri. What is going on? I this a bug in 10.12.2? Before this version it seemed okay.

finder going black. Anyone had this before?

I was using my laptop (MacBook Pro 13" Early 2015) when windows stopped responding and had a black 'filling' to them. Tried force quitting but that one went black too. Did I do something wrong? over use the system in any way or is this a macOS problem?

Thanks!

checking in

>not /fag/
>recommending old ass airs
>recommending iPhone 6 when SE is cheaper and better at everything
Well, that's not a great start.

Not him but I gave my old Air to a friend and while it still runs perfectly, the battery is pretty shit by now, and it's not like you can easy replace it. 2013 got a MUCH better battery life and shouldn't be that much more expensive.

Probably the perfect balance of performance/battery life/size/weight for most people with a not so perfect price. The touchbar seems like a shitty meme and the prices are really retarded though. I'd probably buy a 13" non touchbar one if I had to over 2015 version since I don't need the outdated ports but only because I really care about size and weight a lot.

I am happy with my rMB 2015 though and not quite sure if I'd pick the MBP 2016 over it.

Help! Safari keeps telling me my Mac has a virus and now the back button won't work. Do I really have a virus and what should I do to fix the problem?

Yesterday my MacBook Pro began running slower and now Safari continues to be redirected to a page saying 'WARNING: Your PC maybe INFECTED. Call TECH SUPPORT at XXX-XXX-XXX to clean your computer. www.xxx.com'.

The back button in Safari now refuses to work, and I'm unsure if this is a problem with Safari or my laptop (honest to God, I know nothing about computers). Anyways, I tried to call the number given, but there was no answer, and I'm assuming this is the actual virus itself.

How can I get my laptop running back to normal? Is there a way to check for a virus and remove it?

Looking to get an AirPort Express for the KRK Rokit 5s. Then going to AirPlay all audio to them.

Dank

The power of my house switched off , and then when it turned on , i plugged magsafe 2 charger to my macbook pro 2015 15 inch , it stopped charging , the orange light doesnt light up , and my macbook battery is dead , my macbook charger is not torn , and is in perfect condition , and there was nothing like spark or something , but i dont know why it is not charging , i have tried smc method , but nothing worked , please help me

>it's the autist searches through forums for issues and reposts them here episode

I recently got a Cintiq Pro which acts as a secondary drawing screen for my MacBook Pro. When I plug it in - everything works - except the digital volume button gets disabled and there's no way for me to access volume control. No audio will come through at all. Any help?

I've been trying to diagnose a problem with my MacBook Pro. It's a 15" Retina (early 2013) with 16BG Ram and a 750GB SSD running Sierra.

My problems initially started with some weird display issues in Chrome. Fonts looked like they were fractured and spread across the screen, and drop shadows etc were doing the same thing. Images were unaffected and the GUI was fine - it was literally just the web pages that were displaying this way. Then I realised that this was happening across ALL browsers.

From there I started getting random freezes and indefinite hangs on shutdown. If it goes to sleep it won't wake up and if I close the lid it will often restart (I'll hear the chime and the Apple flashes off and on while the lid was closed). Startup freezes more often than not.

Apple Hardware test couldn't find any problems. I ran upwards of 30 passes with Rember, thinking that it might be bad RAM and those all came back clean. I did a clean re-install of the OS and then eventually wiped all of my apps and set it up like a new Mac to make sure I'm not having any problems from a specific program. I've reset the PRAM and the SMC and still the problems persist. I sent it back to the retailer to have them diagnose it and they said that all of their tests came back clean and there was nothing wrong with the laptop (and they sent me a bill). So I'm trying to find the fault myself so that I can go back to them with proof that this thing is faulty.

Fuck off iPajeet.

>it just werkz

Touchbar seems gimmicky now, but imagine your entire keyboard as a dynamic touch screen interface.
>inb4 'muh tactile keys'
>people got over it with smartphones, they'll get over it with PCs

I was using my macbook pro to watch a movie, when suddenly it froze and purple lines appeared on the screen. The purple lines seemed to glitch, and the sound of the movie sounded like a broken record. In a panic, I held the power button to turn it off. The screen went black, but the fan was still going, and the computer was emitting three beeps. I held the power button again, and it finally completely shut down. I did some research, and it says the three beeps are a problem with the memory, but what about the lines? What does that mean?

Over the past several weeks I've been getting horrible performance from youtube videos on my MacBook Pro running 10.6.8. The videos will stall after a short time and they may or may not resume on their own. I have observed this when using Safari, Firefox, Chrome, and Opera browsers. I have also observed the same stalling when running a browser within a Parallels virtual machine. I have reinstalled Chrome with no improvement. I have switched from wireless to wired network connections with no difference. I observe that the network transfers displayed on Activity Monitor show received data going to zero and just hanging there. Sometimes if I change the quality of the youtube video then playback may resume. Sometimes if I click my cursor just prior to the current youtube playback indicator the video may also start up again for a while.

I also have a Mac Mini on my network and it doesn't seem to have these same stalling problems with youtube videos.

I've searched and found that others are having similar problems but I haven't found any solutions that seem to work for me. It seems to me that if the same stalling is observed across all browsers then there should be a problem more fundamental than just something with the browser.

I'd appreciate suggestions for things to try other than reinstalling a browser or clearing caches.

I'm thinking of getting the iMac 5k but can only afford the base model. Is it worth it? WIll the m380 play Civilization VI and League of Legends at decent settings? Those are the only games I play.

Fucking hell why do Macs have this many problems? I though they were premium computers. I guess they really are overpriced garbage for iToddlers with single digit count IQs.

Im hoping someone can help me with this problem, I've searched for a solution forever and nothing works! I never used time machine, i regret that now. I dont think its yosemite bc this happened around a month after the update. Ive searched almost any topic on this problem.

Ive tried a lot of things:

- changed the hard rive with my healthy mac (maybe its the hard drive cable?)
- re installed with the original CD (still stuck on the booting, won't go past it)
- tried this from "utility disk" to start from the CD, the mac restarts men still hangs up on the booting screen
- tried this with holding down "option" key, gets an alternative to start from the CD, still hangs
- tried this from "utility disk" without the CD, won't work
- to boot from an usb/external hard rive with yosemite, won't show as an alternative

- verify disk, unmount disk, repair disk
- resettet nvram & smc
- removed everything from the hard rive with mistake
- the only thing thats still working is recovery mode, single user command, not safe mode

I really appreciate any help i can get! And sorry for my english.

Does that model have the Fusion disk? M380 should be fine for Civ VI and LoL.

If you want to save money and want more graphics power, build a mackintosh: tonymacx86.com

I have upgraded to the latest version of macOS Sierra 10.12.2, since then my volume slider on Touch Bar stopped working.

I have OWC USB-C dock connected when my computer starts, then the volume slider gets disabled, I have to select internal speaker and back to OWC, it's now enabled, but taping the volume slider on Touch Bar, nothing happens.

It doesn't work even when I switch back to internal speaker or disconnect the dock.

Any idea how could I fix it?

>Touchbar seems gimmicky now, but imagine your entire keyboard as a dynamic touch screen interface.
There might be some gain for vidya and the likes but it'd be pretty horrible for when you actually need to use the keyboard for typing.

>people got over it with smartphones
No one writes anything longer than twitter updates there.

Only playing on native res can get tricky.

How,do,I,connect,Mac,Book,Pro,15,",with,retina,display,to,an,HP,2509,monitor?,Also,my,space,bar,only,types,,,for,some,reason,,anyone,know,how,to,fix,that?

>tfw nothing compares to Magic Trackpad on Windows

I have macbook for 3rd day and charged it ~2nd time. battery is living for 5-6 hours of browsing the internet on full brightness. When I just charged Mac it showed me 4:30 hours of work. also remaining time is changing(for example right after the charging it showed me 4:30 hours left, after some time it's showing 5 hours left) is it normal battery life? How many hours does model without touchbar living?

Unfortunately I couldn't insert screenshot of time remaining, so here is that info:

Time remaining right after full charging - 4:38 hours

coconutBattery info after ~10 minutes of using

I have a brand spanking new Macbook Pro i7 13" running Lion OS X v 10.7.2 and I was sadly not savvy with the 'force quit' method and so had little choice eventaully but to force my lovely machine to shut down by holding down the power button I have checked Safari in the Appllications window and 32 bit was not selected, so I know therfore that that will not be a solution for me, should this occur again. I'm watching with interest for any update/patch or whatever that fixes this bug, hope it's soon!

samefag copying & pasting shit from support forums

My Mac pro is getting slow . When i am working with Excel and Word . How to slove this problem . Some Internet disconnecting automatically

hai gang!

Yes it has fusion disk. I was thinking about the 4K iMac but it has 5400rpm which is disgusting.

I have a magic trackpad 2 that is about two months old. I have kept it plugged in to my wired keyboard's USB hub since I got it, on a rare occasion unplugging it to use the cable to charge my phone. Today I tried doing that and when I do so it stops working. I see it in Bluetooth devices but connecting to it fails. When plugged in it works fine and shows as connected and full charged.

I find it hard to believe its defective, but maybe. Has anyone else experienced this? Any fix?

> and so had little choice eventaully but to force my lovely machine
Ahahaha. This is pretty good. At least find more of stuff like that, dear Sup Forums poster.

I'm running a Mac Book Pro (Early 2015) on Sierra 10.12.3

For some reason, all of my gestures have stopped working on my trackpad.

Have tried rebooting but no luck... Any ideas?

Its criminal that they sell that hardware with a 5400rpm drive in it.

Well, I've got this 2016 MacBook Pro with Touch Bar. This has this big ol' track pad that becomes activated by the slightest proximity of: my palm, or shirt cuff, or sweater sleeve that brushes across it. This tender touch seems to hop the cursor to all sorts of locations when typing. It has reduced my productivity by half as I need to find the errant phrase embedded in another paragraph, highlight and copy/move it to its intended location and usually adjust positioning of several sentences.

I guess one could weld their palms to the touch pad and avoid reaching to the touch bar, or Siri, or TouchID. But that is not practical. Someone really screwed up on this one.

What this oversized (and totally unnecessary design) needs is the following:

> ability to turn the track pad off - maybe having a Cntl-Swipe as needed

> ability to reduce the virtual size it this thing, like one crops a photo - back to its native and completely natural size

> adjust the track pod's sensitivity so casual 'dusting' from clothing does not affect keyboard activities

> fix the 'palm touch' engine to react instantly rather than its present half-second delay

> OR are replacement track pad that downsized the thing to its original and unobtrusive parameters

Get on this Apple

I have a jumpy erratic curso that moves and selects without me touching the trackpad at all. It's driving me crazy. It makes it practically impossible to use my macbook. The trackpad is clean. I'm literally not touching it when the arrow moves around and selects things. When I try to move the arrow/cursor, it either moves jumpily or selects anything it passes over. Help!

I'm using an original type trackpad with my iMac & it has started to behave erratically. It's turned on the iMac from sleep at odd times, like the middle of the night, randomly erases chunks of emails as I'm typing, closes webpages without me touching the trackpad, etc. It is the trackpad causing these oddities as I've now switched it off & am using a mouse with no problem. I prefer using the trackpad though so is there any way I can put it right please?

Janet

Magic Mouse right click not functional by design

So I cannot rest any other finger on the mouse for the right click to work. What's is worst, that click is assumed to be a left click! Does anyone knows how to fix this?

I can't use the mouse for more than 5 minutes without accidental right->left clicks due to some finger resting on the left part of the mouse when right-clicking.

Shocking this mouse has such effective design. Or is it me that have not configured it properly?

>dat AEKII

Just like in case of "premium" laptops with 16:9 screen, if a company keeps selling inferior shit, the customers are 100% to blame.

It's given that companies do everything for their margins, instead of telling them to eat a dick, people keep buying the shit.

Magic Mouse 2 lag on Mac Pro (El Capitan OS)

Does any one have a solution to the eternal magic mouse lag issue?? It's driving me insane.

Using late 2013 Mac Pro with latest El Capitan OS 10.11.6 and Magic Mouse 2 lags terribly. I have tried another older Magic Mouse and have the same issue. I have disabled Handoff. If I work on my late 2012 iMac, I have no issues...the problem seems to be specific with the Mac Pro. I have had this issue through Mavericks, Yosemite and now El Capitan too. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

i have a pro which was only purchased new november/december 2015

i opened it up to use it this morning and my trackpad isn't clicking

i can manoeuvre the cursor - but there is no clicking

after some reading online, is it possible the battery swells and affects the trackpad??? or is this nonsense.

if so the only logical thing i could do right now seems to be turn off the computer and let it sit for a while - to maybe cool down the battery and hope it solves the trackpad being stuck

the other thing i found was it could be something stuck around the edge of the trackpad ... i have ran a piece of paper around but nothing has popped out - not sure i have anything else that is that fine to shift something if there is something there wedging the trackpad ...

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated ... thanks

After using my Wacom Intros pro graphics tablet to edit images the trackpad becomes unusable. Even when not frozen it won't work properly without a restart. This happens everytime so it's becoming a bit of a drag.

I'm using a mid-2011 iMac and OSX 10.11.4.

Would like to know how this can be fixed.

My magic trackpad 2 worked briefly but will not charge. I tried several lightning to USB connections using the USB port and separate chager. Nothing woks?

My force click does not do anything!

I have turned it off and on, restarted the Macbook Pro and it still does not do anything.

It worked for the first couple of hours but now seems to have stopped!!

my trackpad is totally unreponsive
I have no functional ability with the track pad, I have done reboots with no success, I either get a welcome screen with multiple languages or a picture of the bottom of a mouse, and side of a laptop showing me to slide a switch... I do not have a mouse and there is not a switch on my MacBook Air. I can not move past the welcome screen because no buttons are functional

Since upgrading to Sierra, is anyone else having difficulty with the Magic Trackpad 2 and using the force click to pull up definitions? If I switch it back to "tap with three fingers" it works, but "Force Click with one finger" does not. Actually, I'm not sure I can get that intermediate click response at any point that used to be present in El Capitan.

>buying a used MacBook
Utter retardation. Those things are ticking time bombs. Have owned 2 that experienced failures after less than 2 years, hard drive and battery failure on the 2011 model, overheating/logic board failure on the 2014 model (not to mention my custom hardware configuration, bought from their website, doesn't even have proper driver support in Sierra.)

My university provided me with a Dell inspiron notebook in 2011 that outlasted both. Embarrassed on behalf of Apple, myself for ever buying Mac.

My trackpad seems to have a mind of it's own. When I move the cursor around the screen, the trackpad selects as though it is being pressed. When I open a pull-down window, the trackpad selects items without being pressed. I've bumped the PRAM and accomplished an SMC reset. Niether action has had an effect. Has anyone else had this issue? How did you clear it up?

There is plenty of advice on how to set up and pair a trackpad -but if you have a (temporary) track pad failure--then your entire machine is dead. Any advice on working an IMAC without a mouse or track pad--just to get track pad into DISCOVER MODE?

My temporary "workaround" was to dig deep in my technical stores and find a 1995 mouse which reliably helped me through the set up process

I seem to have a persistent issue with a jumpy cursor on a fairly new Magic Trackpad (Gen1) that I can't seem to shake.

My computer is a Retina MacBook Pro 15" mid-2015, I'm also using a fairly new Magic Keyboard (also Gen1)

The batteries are fresh and I have shut down the computer and reset PRAM. I have no issues immediately after the reboot but after about an hour, I start to see them resurface. Also I have no issues using the onboard trackpad on the MBP.

I have nothing else thats running Bluetooth in the area and have a Jabra wireless headset thats not BT but the only other thing wireless that's fairly close is my dual-channel Access Point.

I think I covered most if not all the questions I expect to get so hopefully someone has experienced the same things and have found a work-around.

I just opened my macbook (have been using it all night and closed it for 10 minutes before going back) and my track pad isn't really recognizing my fingers. I can move the mouse and click on things but all the "extra" features (swiping between fullscreen, scrolling up and down pages, going forward and backward on internet pages, etc.) no longer work. Does anyone know why?

Why is my pointer jittering?

Even after going to the Apple shop and a software reinstalled.

I even got the battery replaced. It still acts odd.

I had to turn off most of the gestures and functions on the trackpad. The trackpad was tested with no defects or problems.

I had to use a mouse to use my pointer. It helps it a little, but I notice it being with the gestures and software...
This has been getting annoying and very unhelpful.

I have no viruses on my computer.

I end up turning off the gestures and functions on the trackpad.

Literal samefag.

How can i copy and past a piece of text with the magic mouse?

people got over it with phones because they were already typing with their thumbs and the experience was already shit, people won't downgrade regular their regular typing experience just to have a hipster keyboard.

especially in any business setting

Bought a new Magic Keyboard (with internal rechargeable battery), and my macbook does not see or recognise it. It works when I plug it in with the lightning cable but when I disconnect, the keyboard is not powered (no green light on caps lock button), and my laptop doesn't see it.

I am using OS Sierra 10.12.1, so well above the system requirements

help please

Pair it and if that fails delete com.apple.bluetooth.plist

My trackpad is clicking irregularly (and often) of its own accord without me instructing it to do so.

Its on a flat surface, new batteries & it's only been happening for the past 2 days (and often!)

Anyone got ideas?

My Magic Trackpad keeps losing its connection. On and off...eating the batteries, I may add. Fresh batteries are in it now.

I've tried the "Favorites" trick in the Bluetooth window, but no luck.

It started doing this when I turned on the computer ealier this week; after holding down the cneter of the Trackpad, it kicked in, but now it doesn't.

Swipe your dick over it

I have a Macbook pro two years old. I've taken good care of it (I don't even take it out of my house). After el Capitan upgrade my trackpad started to behave erratically. It started to jump around or freeze intermintently which was fixed with a restart and that was it. Wouldn't see the trackpad act for months. However, after the capitan (now I am working with Sierra) the trackpad acts on a daily basis.

I took it to an apple center and the trackpad came out ok (they tested the trackpad with my computer and also with another computer in case it was the motherboard acting up). They recommended a clean install to fix the bug (sierra). Three days working with the computer the glitch shows up again. It goes away when I restart the computer but it is annoying to keep on restarting the machine every hour or so.

Weirdest part of it all is that it always starts acting up when I am on Safari. First it freezes and the safari content glides side to side as if I had enable the trackpad gestures (which I don't) and it is stuck there until I force quit. I checked on chrome and the glitch is there as well. I really don't know what to do because the apple bar clerk assured me that there was NOTHING wrong with the trackpad (they kept the laptop for a whole week). That hardware was not the culprit. As of right now my laptop has three days from being restored and I was testing it without any programs installed or back up info loaded (in case the glitch was due to a conflict with an app). So far from what I can gather the glitch is part of the OS. something is going on that makes the trackpad freeze and act up while browsing the web (right now the laptop is working fine and I'm writing this, with firefox.

I don't know if anyone out there has experienced this. I've read threads with similiar problems but not with the same glitch I have. I really don't know what to do. I don't want to carry around a mouse like some idiot when I purchased this laptop to avoid extra devices.

Poors are raiding this thread

why does the Apple magic mouse eats batteries?

I notice that there were one or two discussions on this subject a while back, but no conclusions - as far as I could find.

I used to use Duracell batteries and they were costing a small fortune so I switched to Duracell rechargeable. No difference in longevity, but at least I'm not buying multi packs any more!

I get about 1 month out of a freshly charged set. Curiously when the batteries are inserted freshly charged (100%) the software tells me they are only 65% charged - a bug? The computer starts complaining about low charge at about 14% (which I ignore until I reach 5%). Turning off the mouse seems to make very little difference.

It only seems to be the mouse that eats batteries. Both the track pad and the keyboard batteries last much longer; typically 2 - 3 months.

All the above relates only to an iMac - I have no other Apple laptop to check.

Why are you so poor

Some time ago, my mac trackpad started acting funny. It wouldn't respond to some clicks, It would respond to a light touch, and dragging things was ****. (But still possible). Now, when I logged into my computer, I couldn't click anything, so I couldn't log in. Help?

The new ones dont take batteries you poortard

I have a new iMac 27/3.2QC/8GB/1TB FD/M390 with Magic Trackpad 2. Lately a startup mouse will not work to choose account to open. Given four or more minutes of waiting and occasionally trying it begins to work. If I turn the mouse upside down and wipe the lenses with a corner of a handkerchief it will begin and continue to work until the next time it is started up. This happens even if I am restarting immediately after starting up. Even stranger, this has begun to happen to my wife's MacBook Pro.I called Apple Support about this. We tried several types of reboot but it didn’t improve. I decided the problem is mechanical and within the mouse, and subsequently we did not pursue it further. I have been unable to find a similar case on Apple Support. Has anyone else experienced this? If so what did you do to correct it? Thanks

Have you tried not being poor?

I bought the Magic Mouse, but it doesn't seem to work as expected.
I put brand new Duracell batteries.

The mouse connects successfully with the Macbook Air 13". But, as soon as it connects, it start doing "random" actions, such as zooming, scrolling, doing the "swipe up with 3 fingers" command and other actions.
I repeat, it has brand new Duracell batteries.
I've tried putting folded paper between and over the batteries, as well as folded aluminum pieces to the battery connections with the mouse.

The green light doesn't flash, it stays constant.

I really need to solve this problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

-Jordan

So what does Sup Forums think about apple blowing up a fucking plane with an iphone?

I think.it's pretty cool, maybe we'll see iphones blow up trains and boats next.

samshitfags get fucked