Tfw fell for the used thinkpad meme

>tfw fell for the used thinkpad meme
>laptop has bed bugs inside of it

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/10/bed-bug-madness-the-psychological-toll-of-the-blood-suckers/381447/
xfxforce.com/en-us/support/rma-hall-of-shame
cbsnews.com/news/most-americans-cant-afford-a-500-emergency-expense/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ew omg wtf lol

Should have bought from an actual refurbisher and not Tom from Craigslist desu

What does it have to do with ThinkPads anyways

Oven at 100C for an hour

Fuck bed bugs

The little niggers are impossible to get rid of

Jesus fucking christ user

nice snack

Fuck this board. Seriously.
I couldn't believe bed bugs were a real thing and now I read up on them on wikipedia. That shit is disturbing.

This. Never in my goddamn mind would I imagine such a thing was real. Fuck the board. Also my thinkpad is cleaned twice a week.

I made a thread the other day asking what the chances of getting bed bugs from a Thinkpad were.

This
Don't buy thinkpads from random people on craigslist. buy from rrefurbisher on ebay

I had bed bugs when I was living at my Uncle's house. Got rid of em in May 2016, but I still check everywhere I sleep, and I have random itches all over my body.

It gives you PTSD, I swear. There's an article about it.
theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/10/bed-bug-madness-the-psychological-toll-of-the-blood-suckers/381447/

They're incredibly difficult to get rid of and they swarm like mad.

I went two years with bed bugs and I feel the random itches too. I'll pull out my flashlight and check for the fuckers it feels so real

>theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/10/bed-bug-madness-the-psychological-toll-of-the-blood-suckers/381447/
Holy fucking shit. Looks like fleas cannot compare to those beasts.
Yeah, I have experience with fleas. Blame the cat; they seem to get it at least once in their lives somehow and I never let them outside. However, at least fleas are easy to control.

This happened to me. It's not just a meme.

probably your moms puissy bugs from her gettin it on watchin vids on it

ptsd is a myth, you fucking retard.

Congratulations on believing Sup Forums trolling, user.

Did you also believe in feminine penis? Functional programming and Haskell? Windows 10 botnet?

PROTIP: people don't come to Sup Forums to tell you the truth.

rekt

>buying used goods

anyhow you have to throw the bed out. it's toast. maybe if you're lucky and you live in a frozen wasteland you can leave it outside for at least a month.

Anyone traumatized enough will become anxious and defensive, calling it a disorder just gives psychologists a job.

Works on my machine :-)

50°C for 10 minutes is enough, senpaimalam.

>Windows 10 botnet
This one is true, Pajeet.

>tfw bedbugs
>tfw just built a new pc

How do I make sure bedbugs don't get in my pc?

Those actually look like baby roaches. Did you have any bites?

lol user u are so funnie

I'm serious. Bedbugs are a bitch.

macbooks don't have this problem

they are bedbugs, have seen them irl can confirm. im one of the lucky ones though, bought a craigslist t61 from random guy selling one and no bedbugs

Cold won't kill then only steam/heat will kill them but if theyre in the walls then nobody can help you.

I got mine from a second hand, wooden, bedside table. I've thrown away a cat tree, all my rugs, half my families clothes, a full sofa set. On top of that bagged up my bed and box spring, and used a multi-purpose steamer to steam the wooden floors and baseboards.

All that kept us bedbug free for 4 weeks. I got a cheap futon couch from walmart so me and my wifes daughter could watch tv again. Then I got the bites in 3 days ago

The only escape is death

How do you clean it?

i believe spontaneous generation was disproved a while ago

It was lol

>good hunting stalker

Not to mention they smell like shit too if you squeeze them

These bitches are so hard to kill and they keep me up all night since I'm so sensitive to them

They are hard as fuck to get ride of.

My cousin brought them into my house, had to get it heat treated three times before the fuckers died.

He's never allowed over ever again

Just burn your house down and start fresh, user.

>my wifes daughter

You're fucked. Burn your house down now, it's the only way to get rid of them. Not even joking.

Try not being a nasty fucker and cleaning your god damn house every once in a while

t. fat american who got told on reddit not to call a professional exterminator

This thread is making me itchy.

Are you fucking retarded? Do you not think Americans have exterminators?
You sound like some uncultured European fuck w

i swear to god everytime the bed bug topic comes up on reddit, all the top replies on reddit is "omg shit impossible to get rid of" and then followed by a 5 paragraph story about how they got them and for how long they had them.

It always ends with them moving out and not telling the landlord about it or something. And there is never any mention of an exterminator, just some meme dirt they put on the floor. Oh yeah, and they always get it from doing white trash things like dumpster diving, buying anything second hand

In NYC bedbugs are getting out of control. The constant shuffle of people, immense amount of travel in and out of the city, and dense nature of the area, mixed with the fact that the bedbug population has been on the rise since the ban of certain chemicals that controlled them years ago, is resulting in an epidemic that has nothing to do with dumpster diving.

You can get it from an unfortunately hotel visit, storing your luggage on a plane next to someone else with bedbug problems, etc.

Intake air filters

I'm the actual guy you replied to, and yes, i completely agree with your response.

I can't imagine living in a high density area like New York City, especially in a skyscraper where the other apartments can get them and spreading them to your apartment room.

I live in a country where there has been a massive influx of "refugees" as of late and the increasing number of reports that there are bed bug outbreaks at the asylum buildings (where they wait temporarily to have their asylum application accepted). The problem here is that they don't report it to the staff because apparently they are common enough back in their countries or something. It is instead the staff who finds them.

This makes me worried that they are basically bringing that shit into my country and then spreading it here.

And this is not the only thing that has started to make a comeback in my country. We're talking about diseases and shit like tuberculosis and other infectious diseases because there is no health control of the newly arrived people.

I would like for asylum seekers to be "sanitized" at the border or atleast in the refugee housing when they wait for their application to be accepted.

And yeah like you said, the banning of effective chemicals because of "muh health concerns" is a big part of the epidemic. That and the quietness about the problem, like politicians and shit are afraid of bringing it up because they don't want to get labeled as racists for implying that the outbreaks are because of refugees. Instead, we have an official explanation that we travel more :^)

Buy housefire components like Nvidia's Fermi architecture and the heat will kill any intruders KEK

I used to not give a flying fuck when I was younger
Buying a shit ton of cheap used shit at garage sales and ebay.

Nowadays im getting way more germaphobic. This thread doesnt help, though I already had reservations of bugs and second hand shit.

I worked a small town computer repair shop for about a year.I installed satellite tv and worked on computers.
People would bring in ancient towers covered in dirt and bugs. Weve all seen the gore pics before.

Its one thing, when I was young, blowing out the "family" pc that sat in the living room running 24/7. That dirt and grime was my dirt and grime.

Its another thing when its some random white trash dude coming in and the tower had never ever been cleaned.
Also when you install satellite TV, it gives you perspective on people.
Some people live like fucking junkies.

Im weary to trust anything from anyone nowadays. Its digusting

>Install gentoo
>bed bugs died due the heat

the graphics card manufacturer XFX has a "Hall of Shame" page with pictures for that KEK

xfxforce.com/en-us/support/rma-hall-of-shame

Have you attempted to create a large C02 trap?

They're sensitive to C02, that's how they know where their meals are located at.

A C02 trap got rid of most of mine

Coming from someone who has had them and has paid to have them taken care of, the guy told me what he did to get rid of them and it worked perfectly. havent seen one in over a year. use Tempo SC ultra in a pesticide sprayer. spray down fucking everything wash all clothing bag all but a few outfits. respray every 7 days for a month. the spray kills the bugs it gets on contact while wet and once it drys it leaves a film for i believe 3 months and when the bugs walk across that they pick up the poison and bring it back to their nests killing more of them. doing this you can remove bed bugs from a large house for like 50 bucks. plus it also kills spiders earwigs ect. I moved out of my old place(after bedbugs were gone) and first thing I did was spray down a layer of that shit to defend against any potential bed bug incidents.

My parents brought bedbugs back from staying in a cabin once. I was over at their house and I sleep super late so when everyone was making noise in the morning I went to their bedroom to sleep. I saw a bedbug walking by when I woke up and I immediately knew what it was. I told my dad about it and it took a little bit of convincing to get him to believe they were bedbugs but luckily the problem was very recent and only in their bedroom so it just took a single treatment of their mattress to get rid of them.

Good thing you caught the problem early OP, hopefully early enough so that it wasn't an issue

Time to burn down your house

>describes a mental disorder
>says psychiatrists are scam artists for calling said disorder a disorder
I bet you think being afraid of girls isn't a mental disorder either.

This is how Black Plague was first introduced in Europe, we're all going to die

its most likely your car dummy.
bring them in there.
then you clean your entire house and then go back out to the still bedbug infected car bringing them right back

Call a guy with cool chemicals who will spray every corner and say to you "leave building for 24 hours". The only way.

FUCK bedbugs. When that other user said bedbugs give you PTSD, he wasn't fucking lying. At one point, I could literally feel THE FUCKING HAIRS ON MY FACE GROWING. I got so paranoid, I'd stay up in the middle of the night with a flashlight, WAITING for something to climb on me so I could spring up and kill it. Fucking impossible to get rid of. Had to just toss my entire mattress out, and a year later, they showed up out of nowhere on our new mattress.

Fuck these guys.

Apparently, in the 50's and 60's, it was impossible to find a household that didn't have bedbugs in them. They were just another part of life. Fuck that, dude. It turns out, we never actually killed them at all. The reason they disappeared for 30 or so years and are now recently coming back is because they were all hiding out in random chicken farms all across America.

Fuck bedbugs. Literally the ForWhatPurposes of the insect world.

I live in Serbia which is pretty poor country and i don't know anyone who ever had bedbugs in their home

That dude has...kinda-sorta decent biceps for a DYEL Asian kid.

I mean, it's not /fit/ worthy, but I'm honestly surprised he's cultivated any mass, considering his apparent nerdiness.

You've no idea fella, they come in on something and you CANNOT just clean them away. You will have to destry and remove furniture, steam every inch, lay down chemicals round your skirting board and even then most likely some eggs will survive and 2 months later they hatch again and your doing the whole shebang again. I got through 3 beds and 2 sofas before I finally got rid of them. They're a god damned nightmare.

It isn't.

Can confirm it's true.
I live in Russia and they sometimes happen in student dorms.

this, i got some unknown bottle of poison which apparently kills bedbugs

sprayed twice and they vanished

>biologically engineered poison resistant insects which can handle drastic temperature changes
#justbedbugthings

In America, it's kind of hard to tell because it's shameful to admit you have them. A lot of people still tend to think bedbugs are for dirty people and messy households, so there's a lot of stigma attached to getting help for these kinds of things.

I say "fuck that". If I get bedbugs, I'm telling my landlord first thing in the morning, then I'm telling anyone I came into contact with in the past few weeks, then I'm calling an exterminator. I'd rather be shamed than have to deal with bedbugs for the rest of my life.

>mfw people continue to claim USA is first world
bet you get to see roaches everyday too lmao

>mfw people think they get to redefine what "first world" means

Yeah. I'm replying to a roach right now.

Burgerpoors BTFO

Reminder that Sweden is third world and North Korea is second world. That classification has nothing to do with development.

>implying I'm turkroach
I'm Dutch
don't you have a bug problem to take care of, burger-man?

Reminder that Americans are really poor.

>While the jobless rate is down and wages are up, most Americans nevertheless remain one misstep away from a financial crisis. Fifty-seven percent of Americans don’t have enough cash to cover a $500 unexpected expense, according to a new survey from Bankrate, which interviewed 1,003 adults earlier this month.

cbsnews.com/news/most-americans-cant-afford-a-500-emergency-expense/

reminder that this is about USA being a shithole with fucking bed bugs and cardboard houses and obesity and shit, not semantics

>tfw canadian and have literally never seen a real roach or bedbug in my life

Reminder that I never said otherwise.

I've never heard of anyone having bedbugs because not 'murrican, but reading this thread gave me a /biz/ idea:

>obtain bedbugs
>spread those fuckers in public transportation
>start a bedbug disinfestation business
>PROFIT, because no competition (yet) and I literally create demand

Wouldn't be suprised if that's what actually happens in Burgerland.

Whatcha doin there schlomo?

I'm from fucking Poland and have never seen a bed bug, just how bad is it there in the US if fucking medieval shithole of Europe AKA pooland doesn't have bed bugs?
makes me think

I-isn't capitalism just great?

No they're not If you act early enough and don't let the infestation grow.

redddit images all over Sup Forums again

I would, but the last time the world tried to get rid of the Krauts, you guys got all autistic on us

American here, I didn't even know bedbugs were real until I saw a post on here a year or so ago about a guy that bought a ThinkPad and bedbugs started pouring out the vents when he took it out of the box.

>Fifty-seven percent of Americans don’t have enough cash to cover a $500 unexpected expense

Shouldn't have read that wikipedia article. Their mating habits are the stuff of nightmares. Also how did this turn into a Sup Forums thread?

>traumatic insemination

More like they're shit at money management

There seems to be a new global rule that if it can become a Sup Forums thread it has to become one.

We warned mods 4 years ago this was gonna happen. We told them to delete Sup Forums. But those fucking kikes value user traffic more than this community's well-being.

Sup Forums did absolutely nothing wrong.

Bedbugs are so fucking easy to get rid of.

diatomaceous earth kills the little fuckers with very little hassle. Jesus people act like bedbugs are an actual issue. Exterminating them is less than 10 mins of work.

diatomaceous earth...one more time for the slow children. Yes it even kills the ones in the walls.

Your welcome.

Yep, don't make fun of the disabled.

>tfw fell for the used thinkpad meme
>no bed bugs
feels good not being retarded.

that shit fucks up your lungs tho

The important questions:

1. How exactly do you get bed bugs? Can they attach themselves to you? To your clothes?

2. How can you check that everything that enters your house doesn't have bedbugs or bedbug eggs on it? Just how small and sneaky are they?

3. How big of a danger is it in Germany?

4. If you get them is it possible to sterilize your technology of them? Or is everything you own potentially contaminated?

Should I really stop buying anything used at all?

> Can they attach themselves to you? To your clothes?
Yes. I once found a bed bug on myself sitting in a car, 100 km away from the infested place.
> How can you check that everything that enters your house doesn't have bedbugs or bedbug eggs on it?
You can't, sadly. They are sneaky fuckers.
> Just how small and sneaky are they?
About 4mm in width and 1,5 mm in height.
> If you get them is it possible to sterilize your technology of them?
Yes.
> Should I really stop buying anything used at all?
Nah, you'll probably be fine. If you're paranoid about it, unpack your shit outdoors.

#JustNeckBeardThings