/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/1GqHdgGS
download-genius.com/search/Photoshop CC 2017.html?aff.id=8146&aff.subid=2
topkickass.com/A54A4234ABE77D453ADAFE0DD85F877F089AC0DD
mywot.com/en/scorecard/download-genius.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Oh no, not missing it again.
How do I utilize a surround sound setup on my computer. I can build a computer, but I know nothing of sound equipment at all.

Is this how it works?:
Yellow - the SPDIF out which I use optical cables for which will plug into the SPDIF in/Optical In on the back of an A/V Receiver*

Blue - Once that's plugged in, I just plug in a bunch of surround sound speakers into those outputs which will go to power those individual speakers?**

Green - I keep seeing battlestation setups with these little boxes which I'm told are "DACs" which throws me off because ... that's not a receiver like all these AV ones I search for on Amazon.

* - I never see anyone with a whole receiver in their battlestation which leads me to think that there's something wrong with that setup

** - where the fuck do you even buy the speakers for those outputs? "AV speakers" yield no results.

Is this the stupid questions thread?

hey Sup Forums is picrelated a good first computer for when i go away to college
i'm gonna need it to do online schoolwork and shit so im thinking a higher-power computer will help me do better in my classes?

Buy a thinkpad x200.

You are going to school to study not to play games.
For school you need a computer that can use Word, Chrome/Firefox and read Emails.
Thats it, which any laptop since 2009 can do.

user, are you geniunely stupid?
Get a cheap surface pro 4 (they have discounts) or a surfave book. much more versatile due to great note-taking, decent keyboard on the s.book, and much more portable.

Just build a mITX build if you really want to game

Those DACs usually have amps for headphones in them. Or they buy speakers that have amps in them (powered) and hook them up to the DAC. Nothing wrong with receivers, they are usually overkill and too big for computer desktops. I have my computer hooked up with optical to my receiver.

Oi! How can I bypass this?

Forgot picture

I can't even tell what's bait anymore

LOL NO you stupid faggot. Gaming laptops aren't made to last long or be very durable. You need something simple and relatively inexpensive. Something that will last 4 years, because you're a poor student. Just get something with at least an i5 and at least 8gb of ram with an ips screen.

by entering the correct password

Return it Tyrone.

oops

made my own thread but nobody responded
basically I don't know any programming besides babby stuff. I have some graphs in matlab and I want to make a scroller so that I can look through them based on changing on variable. they can't be described as functions, I just have a bunch of data points essentially. what's the best way of doing this?

stop remaking this thread without the proper OP pasta you fucking niggers

pastebin.com/1GqHdgGS

Hey Sup Forumsuys,

Are there any kaby lake motherboards that is mini-PCIe compatible?

Been planning on buying a new motherboard lately, but don't want to
buy a bulky looking wireless card or have one with it built in since I'm on a budget.

I already have a mini-PCIe wifi/bluetooth card from one of my old laptops. so I'm
wondering if there are any good mobos around that can use it.

Any suggestions?

i just installed an i7-4790k, upgraded from an i5-4430. I'm using the stock fan that came with it, on the most CPU intensive game I have (BF1) it frequently hits 67-70 degrees at ~60% usage. Should i consider getting a non-stock cooler?

go to newegg and you can filter by features in the left column

Yes.
More if you ever plan to overclock it.
Get a 212 EVO or X.

Noctua NH-U12S or 14S if you want to get into heavy overclocking.

feels bad man...

You will someday if you want to overclock that thing. Temps are no bueno. I'll shill for bequiet stuff (on sale ofc)
I'm interested in this also. I have looked at add in cards to plug that mpcie into pcie, but they are all expensive-ish, or shady Chinese stuff.

>mini card slot
user....

Just buy a PCIe one or a good USB one.

Anyone ever put pic related on their bird?

She doesn't get enough excercise, so I'm thinking one of these could be an easy way to help her get active. I don't want my birb to fall into an obesity, but instead live a healthy life of chirping.

Is there another brand that is better?

Found this guys but no z270, does it even matter?
Im pretty sure kaby lake cpus are compatible with z170 mobos..

bruh, just get a fucking adapter

It would be cheaper to get new WLAN PCIe card or USB.

Don't listen to Birds are technology.

I had the mitx version of that board. It lasted one year before dying and taking my cpu with it. That's why I have a mPcie wifi card now. I now have an EVGA board with no wifi because fuck assrock and fuck wifi

you have to update BIOS before you can use kaby lake in z170 mobos

lolno :D, It says 1 half size mini-PCIe, so I think I'm gucci

This is what i have from my laptop:

Nobody gives a fuck about your pasta or your dwane. If you want to make the thread a certain way, do it yourself

They make adapters, btw.

After the update, does it support all of kaby's features, like powersaving?

that's nice but what you gonna do for an antenna? haven't even considered that have ya

thank you for your anecdotal evidence (tho assrock does suck ass)

yeah go ahead and lock yourself into some stupid mobo when you could just buy an adapter that you can re-use later if you upgrade

enjoy answering retards that are too lazy to spend 30 seconds looking up their issue before coming to you

Signal would be shit since you still need an anntena.

Case would block signal.

no idea. just stop being a tard and buy a fucking z270 mobo plus adapter instead

yeah cause people totally would google it instead of asking their question if some copypasta told them too

mobo might not even support wifi thru that port.

I have a B150 motherboard running on KabyLake

I'm having some issues and was thinking of downgrading the BIOS to the previous version, both the newest and the previous support KabyLake.

Is it safe for me to do it using the KabyLake or could it become incompatible all of a sudden and require a Skylake?

Must repeat, both current and previous support KabyLake

maybe not but there's more than that in the pasta if you took more than a second to look at it

Two questions Linux distros related.

Apparently I installed the LTS release of Xubuntu 16.04.1 on my laptop. I kind of want to switch to the non LTS version but
>how do I do this
>how difficult is it to install the new versions every nine months or whatever
Do I just have to backup everything and do a clean wipe?

I'm trying to find a KDE I want to use. Was trying to use Kubuntu but it won't boot properly on my desktop(screens go into power saving mode), but will on my laptop. Any fixes I've tried haven't worked. So not too sure if I'll want to use it if it can't even boot up a live cd(usb). But I tried Mint Serena which is also KDE. Booted just fine. Can't tell much of a difference on the visual side besides Mint's default was darker and the background was different.
Is there some big difference between Kubuntu and Mint?

yea but that's the thing, no one takes more than a second, people want to be spoonfed

Doesn't sound like it would, what issues? Have you read the changelog?

I have an Early 2011 MBP. I upgraded the RAM, replaced the battery, and am about to drop some $$$ to upgrade to an SSD. Is that unwise to do on a computer which is this old? I dust the inside of it pretty regularly and have no problems with hardware outside of a slightly wobbly screen. I assume I should replace the screws in the casing as they will rust, no?

I didnt think that far though...
Surely it comes with antennas
Well shit..

because idiots keeps spoonfeeding them

it's same shit like with kids screaming at their mama in the store for shit cus they're shit parents that cave in every time

Why is this on my nvidia control panel??

I've never downloaded it and it's not on my PC anywhere

When I did a search for viewer.exe it leads back to grim dawn (downloaded from steam) wtf?

isn't folding at home that thing people use to suck the power from your GPU and shit?

>Mint Serina
Why do you keep finding weird ass side DEs? At least finish trying out the top five before you go and try the undersupported obscure shit

Do you like my d&d character?

where can i download a cracked verison of the latest photo shop program or do i have to be a pirate again

yeah, current version added some random changes to m.2 compatibility and graphics crap
previous version is the one that added Kaby support

Top five what? Desktop environments? I can only assume GNOME, MATE, and Xcfe are on that list.

there's nothing wrong with wanting or receiving an easy answer

/techilleterite/ here, I found this while using the troubleshooter to fix my my laptop wasn't detecting my router. There is no "Gravity Squeeze" in my area. Does this mean someone has been remote accessing my computer?

>tfw can't get cmake to work
mutter, ich bin dumm...

Update the harddrive on a 6 year old crapbook, congrats you win the stupidest question in the stupid questions thread award.

>Does this mean someone has been remote accessing my computer?
Almost definitely not, unless you downloaded big_animu_dick.mp4.exe. Did you just connect to that network while out and about one day? Windows is probably just detecting it again for some reason.

Hey, fuck you I see people upgrading to SSDs on "6 year old crapbooks" all the time

Nah, I don't bring my laptop anywhere, and I don't recognize the name.

It's fine. Even on modern laptops you have to update to an SSD for optimal speeds.

As for the screen, probably okay without updating

Thats the point user, we have come to the point of no return, gonna migrate to /tech/ in a bunch of days when I settle my extensions

where do you guys get your torrents now, i heard kat got ass blasted out of this world and pirate bay is a honey pot

What exactly is the screw/bolt called in pic related? It's used in LGA 1156/1155/1150 motherboards, tried looking up 'motherboatd socket screw' and a bunch of other names but I can't find it.

>gonna migrate to /tech/
Cripplechan is a graveyard compared to this place. You're gonna have a bad time adjusting.

kat.how was still up last time i checked which was a couple of days ago

Well, just run Malwarebytes or some other program. There is no way to be certain if you are safe, but I personally wouldn't be scared if you don't notice anything else weird.

So I should still get my money's worth out of an SSD despite being 6 years in now?

by blasted out of this world, i mean it got ddosed multiple times and rumors of fbi shit now.

Totally. I can't speak for your exact situation, but for my 5 year old desktop that was on 24/7 for at least a year, an SSD was a good investment. Faster boot time, and files didn't take a fuckton of time to open.

Also, when you finally get a new laptop, you can transfer the SSD over.

I know it's a torx screw but any details on what to look for in a hardware store?

Did you miss it?

bought mobo off of craigslist and didn't come with the screw and the guy's not responding to me asking if he has the screw or not.

Interesting, it seems to be some adhoc exploit (Create an adhoc network with the name of yours and then rename again, the computer will connect anyway by the MAC given).

>How useless a cpu cooler becomes without fans?
My ram doesn't fit because of this massive cooler.

why do you have such a fucking huge cooler?

My friend has a similarly big heatsink like that. I believe there was a way to re-position the heatsink so it didn't get in the way of the ram. Does yours not do that? If you have the one in the picture then I can see the clips. They should be able to come out of the heatsink, and be able to move to the adjacent sides.

download-genius.com/search/Photoshop CC 2017.html?aff.id=8146&aff.subid=2

is this shit safe?

>Press Ctrl-C to abort, or send SIGUSR1 to john process for status

How do I send SIGUSR1 to john process?

root@kali:~# ps aux | grep john
root 1637 0.8 0.5 45828 12220 pts/0 SN+ 00:47 0:00 john --stdin shadow
root 1655 0.0 0.0 12748 1012 pts/1 S+ 00:48 0:00 grep john
root@kali:~#

i also got it from here
topkickass.com/A54A4234ABE77D453ADAFE0DD85F877F089AC0DD

can someone just find me a good 2017 photo shop torrent please

It can probably run at least 20 minutes before overheating.

Hey guys, brief question here.

So I'm going on a site, and 60% of the time, when you just click anywhere on the page, it goes full on gay and reroutes to some stupid ad shit.

My adblocking settings cause it to just go to a blank white page asking if I want to continue, and I always have to go back to the previous page and return to what I'm doing. This is extremely fucking irritating and I was able to locate this element.

var _wm_settings={popunder:{url:"adrunnr.com/?placement=401444&redirect",times:3,hours:6,cookie:"expla2",fastbind:true}};

Any chance someone could tell me what I can do to remove this script automatically each time I visit the page?

Thanks!

>kabylake chipsets make it so W7 wont recognise usbs without drivers
>work around by installing W7 from one sata drive to another
>go in later and disconnect the drive i used as a windows boot disk
>now i cant boot without it plugged in
even though it does absolutely nothing and only contains install files for windows i still have to leave it plugged in, whats up with that shit?

No. That's a scam site.

mywot.com/en/scorecard/download-genius.com

I've tried
kill -10 1637
but nothing happened.

can you give me a good torrent for photo shop 2017

just use your adblockers element hiding function to make it go away

How can I play saved images with embedded sounds from Sup Forums [sound] threads. I have a ton from before moot banned them (for the second time)

How can I tell if a PDF is A compliant with Java or an online tool?

What's a solid and cheap router that can used as a bridge? Having 802.11g/n is required, but ac would be nice.

pls

Put it on the other side?

Yeah, but like. How?

I know it's stupid, that's why I'm here. :^)

Please direct me. It's shown to me the way I displayed it here, not with an external url that I could block I don't think. Unless am I supposed to block the adrunner url?

right click
*hide*
hide

Download it from kickasstorrents or piratebay with good reviews.

Or use free CS2.

man kill

Can motherboards warp if they get hot enough?