$1000 laptop

Looking for a laptop around $1000. The only important thing is 2 HDD slots. What would you recommend? Best in that price range?

Used T420 + 800 desktop

I just watched a review of a laptop and it has the option of removing the battery and installing a smaller one to make room for a 2.5" drive. So it has two drive slots, one m.2 slot and the 2.5" slot you have to sacrifice battery to use. I think it was made by Dell?

every fucking thread one of you faggots come in all smug and shit and splurt out all your retardation over the thread instead of actually answering the question. do you make a commision on each desktop sale? are you illiterate?

buying a new laptop is for applefaggots

After some googling I think it's the XPS 15, which costs more than $1000.

Then how do people buy used Windows PCs if the only people who buy new laptops don't buy Windows PCs?

Surely anything w an optical drive can also be 2 HDD?

Get a Macbook Pro with the DVD Superdrive and you can replace that drive with a second HDD, being serious too. You can get it cheap too and pocket the extra hundreds.

buy used apple meme shit if u want, it's garbage and the older stuff is garbage too

>it's garbage and the older stuff is garbage too
But you just described all Windows laptops?

What generation?

You'd have to confirm that the optical bay has a sata3 connection though. sata2 is suffering.

SATA 6Gb/s is supported in generations from 2011 and up. Don't go under 2011.

Ideally you should try for Mid-2012, which is the very last gen before they start doing the soldering RAM shit and the only gen that supports RAM speeds up to 1600 MT/s. The best processor (i7, don't go i5) for 13 inch is model MD102LL/A, 15 inch is model MD104LL/A.

This goes without saying, but don't buy from the fucking Apple Store

it's called business class laptops

>don't buy a macbook

there it's simplified even further for u

So what, ugly ass Thinkpads or just ugly Dells?

Love how you type like a underage pleb. If people like you don't have a MBP then it only proves my point, lmao.

if your'e buying a computer for aesthetics go post in the applefaggot thread with the other fashionable retards that took this once good board over

Those black Gigabyte laptops have two HDD slots and an mSATA.

Gotta sacrifice the optical drive though.

>once good board
This is how I know you're full of fucking shit.

i'm older than u faggot

it's all relative

So what's your excuse? Are you typing on your tiny ass Android or what? Why can't you capitalize your shit Tyrone and sound educated?

Chinkpad poorfag hipster detected, enjoy showing off your 10lb brick.

Faggot

>Used T420
enjoy your bed bugs poorfag

>STILL recommending the T420 instead of objectively superior and more sensible models
>Pros: None
>Cons: All of them

This, you can use 3 drives instead of two.

a thinkpad that you took the optical drive out of and put an hdd caddy into

A Thinkpad T4xx or X2xx of your choice hits all your spec points while being durable, having replacement parts available, and saving you a ton of money. Why would you go looking to purchase something with your only points being that it can use 2 hard drives and that it's expensive? Why even set a price point like that?