How is my analogy Sup Forums?

How is my analogy Sup Forums?

cpu = engine because it handles most of the work

gpu = nitros oxide because it is mainly used for recreation (racing) and you can add more for better speeds

ram = tires because you can put 4 of them in your computer and it won't work without them

motherboard = frame because it holds all of the parts together

heat sink = radiator because it is mainly used to keep the cpu (engine) cool but keeps other parts cool too

case = car exterior because it keeps your other parts safe and is the part people rice the most

psu = car battery because they both provide power

Change GPU to exhaust. It's not as important as CPU but it's still fairly important and can be upgraded to make your car faster at the expense of energy or gas emissions IE more power consumption for power.

>cpu = engine because it handles most of the work
accurate

>gpu = nitros oxide because it is mainly used for recreation (racing) and you can add more for better speeds
kind of a stretch I guess it works though

>ram = tires because you can put 4 of them in your computer and it won't work without them
doesn't really make sense

>motherboard = frame because it holds all of the parts together
sure, if the frame also was an integral component in making every one of the parts function invidually

>heat sink = radiator because it is mainly used to keep the cpu (engine) cool but keeps other parts cool too
not even an analogy

>case = car exterior because it keeps your other parts safe and is the part people rice the most
also not an analogy

>psu = car battery because they both provide power
yet another non-analogy

k

why are the last 3 not analogies?

they're literal.

you're an idiot. post less, kid.

Eh a problem is a car is actually very simple if you look past complex engines and transmission.

I guess Ram's could be a stage 4, but tires wouldn't be that bad.

Ram helps the computer do more while a tire could be a multi purpose like certain kinds that are snow and race worthy or mud tires,etc but they too are specialized while Ram is very general. So perhaps a stage 4?

A motherboard could just be a chip or governator.

A heat sink would probably be more comparable to a air filter.

Case should be the frame tbqh

A PSU being compared to a battery would probably be the best thing besides maybe a fuel injector.

I must have made a really good analogy then.
no fun allowed
Google has failed me. What is a stage four?
>A heat sink would probably be more comparable to a air filter.
heat sinks filter air?

No that is a literal analogy.

A good air filter allows more air flow into the engine, helping cool it and providing o2 for fuel ignition
A good Heat sinks allows cooling so that there is better performance,etc,etc.

Both are somewhat minor at first glance but end up being very important to the function of the machine. Both also have elaborate upgrades for them also.

Shit Tires
Shit Radiator
Shit Battery

It's like you want to be the embodiment of poverty trying to afford something nice skimping on maintenance.

That's about right. Every GPU discussion is about blowing it out of your ass.

GPU and RAM is debatable, rest is cool.

change your gay ass nitros to suspension

>suspension
>making certain tasks and situations more comfortable

but, i must ask.... why the fuck you wasting your time with this shit

No. GPU is literally bloat.
So engine, tires, carcass, black thingy, shell, black thingy?

I keep seeing car related threads and all they do is remind me of the piece of shit lemon car I bought last month.

what did you buy

a 2006 altima with 224k miles. I'm really bad with telling people no so I basically complied with everything. This was at a used car dealership. The salesman's name was Danny but he told me to call him "Slick". Anyways, now I'm out $6,500.

Make one for the human body

jesus christ m8

I know how you feel about not being able to tell people no though. Should've just made up an excuse to leave and never come back though.

thats rough dude, i dont know shit about imports otherwise id offer to help you fix it/ make it road worthy

Do you know how small of a gain you get by changing your exhaust? The biggest gain you'll get is from a better power/weight ratio if you actually get a lighter exhaust. It doesn't match up with gpu, nitrous was fine.

Were in the same boat brother. Bought my first car around 6 months ago and agreed to a 25% interest rate.
Pic related: it was the salesman

At least you didn't buy a 40 yr old chevy for $2800

Cmos battery is the battery
The psu is an alternator

You dumb shit

>he only has 4 ram slots
Poorfags btfo the fucked out

Oldies are Goldies. Being 40 years old doesn't mean its not worth the money. I have a 2005 GMC Sierra and even with 200k miles i can still get 5000 for it because they practically last forever.
Psu is an alternator? Maybe bait but your computer doesn't run on some alternate power source and use that to charge your psu.

Gpu could also be dashboard

Case: car chassis

Ram is not necessarily the tires, but the rubber part of it, more specifically the treads

What do the control computers in a car correspond to?

>Cpu = Engine
Sure
>Gpu = Nitrous
Sure
>RAM = Tires
Tires, Wheels, Suspension, and shit like that
>Motherboard = Frame
Nah, Transmission.
>Heat Sink = Radiator
Duh.
>Case = exterior
Exterior and Frame
>PSU = Battery
Sure.

Nevertheless...

I think he is trying to make the point that the case is the main visual component of the computer and while the chassis plays a big roll in that, the entirety of the car exterior is a better representation.

I think the point i am trying to make is, nobody stares at the chassis of a vehicle. You never say wow that's a badass chassis brah.

I think maybe ram could be comparable to vehicle size. You can have a real powerhouse car with only two seats and it wouldn't hinder performance, only comfortably and passenger limit. You dont really need a ton of ram in a fast computer unless you need it for some specific application. Although in this scenario less ram aka smaller car would increase performance which kind of kills it. Other than that maybe its like wide tires vs skinny tires. The wider the tire(more ram) the more power you can put down and less chance to slip. You can still have a fast car with skinny tires(less ram) but it is more likely to slip and lose some amount of its potential speed.

Also small cars representative of light OS systems can run on very skinny tires like spare tires(donuts) where as heavier operating systems cannot run on such small tires and require at least a certain sized tire. I say this is the closest to perfect analogy.

Quite fine with all except gpu. Since by default if you don't a gpu (can be an external, from de cpu (soc) or from the motherboard) you can't have a display.
So I think it would be anything that has to do with lights. If you don't have lights you can still drive, but there's a big chance you make a mistake.

CPU = Classical combustion engine
Graphics card = Additional electric engine maybe?
Motherboard = Drivetrain (drive shaft, gearbox, clutch, axles, flywheel, etc)
Heatsink = Radiator
Case = Chassis
PSU = petrol tank with petrol inside it.

GPU is more like suspension you niggers, you don't add nitrous to any vehicle just like that without doing modifications to the engine and ECU

In all honesty comparing cars and computers is retarded because they share no similar traits.

PSU is the gas tank
the car battery should be the motherboard's little battery IMO

Gpu is a fucking turbocharger

This is literal fucking autism

How fast is this one ?