What went wrong?

Chrome

they got high off their own farts

you would think they would implement something to fix memory leaks.

my browser crashes after 3hrs of use.

Nothing, yet.

Or that

Political Correctness

what should I switch to? Opera? Vivaldi?

Nothing. Firefox was never good, and it just stayed that way. Kinda like qBittorrent.

whats wrong with qbittorrent?

Everything

It's like Firefox.

I still use Firefox, what am I missing out on?

netflix in 4k
streams working in general

I use acestream when possible, but I do have problems with web streams on my old laptop. Will another browser stream better?

yes. just try out chrome, as your secondary browser at least

please clarify

graphic sucks and other weird issue to bypass like audio and so on

Yandex

>have the inventor of the most popular language in the millennial bracket, a literal almost god
>fire him

probabbly this.

>recommending stock chrome in any year, to anybody

i see Sup Forums is now going down the shitter too

protip: use chromium, ungoogled, or some other fork

I really love firefox, I hope it will get better soon.

its gay and I don't like gay things
and yes this is the extent to which I can qualify my position on the matter

At Mozilla headquarters
>competition is high due to new browsers with high budget behind them like edge and chrome
>we need to act fast
>we need to put everything on the back burner, no more thunderbird, no more firefox OS, it's just Firefox from now
>Should we fix the old code, should we make it as light as possible? NOT NOW!
>CODE RED: gather all the SJW resources you can find, fire most men, gather all the feminazis, BLOAT IT UP and keep fingers crossed

Being popular doesnt mean its good

Then he went and created this abomination

They forced Eich out

>netflix
nobody gives a shit

They didn't want to lose the gay users, which is stupid because they all use safari.

social justice ruins everything, they even killed off talents, such a scourge...

Nothing. Sup Forums shills hate it due to "SJW propaganda". It's a good browser overall. Just remember this site is full of Sup Forums autists and that one guy who makes this thread every day.

Honestly I haven't had a firefox crash in over 5 years (on desktop). The last time it crashed was the android version a year ago. I've been using Nightly for a while now and never had a crash.

Terrible developers

>Mozilla staff roll call
"We don't know how to program"
"I don't know jack shit about UI design but lemme tell you, we need more padding, and rounder corners, drop everything and listen to me"
"Actually I know how to program but I hate it even though I actually do get paid for this, make it an addon faggot"
"I also know how to program but I'm too busy making the UI shinier, and all the code for these features is getting in the way. Make addons for me, for free, btw i get paid for this"

IE: mobile firefox is so shit that you need an add on TO SAVE A FUCKING LINK

I think I have had firefox crash 3 times in the last 10 years.

Mobile firefox is the best mobile browser.

The best

>Desktop firefox: you can easily force sync from the toolbar when mozilla's very intelligent auto-syncing doesn't cut it. this is available by default.
>Mobile firefox: Force sync is buried in a menu
>Desktop firefox: Right click, save shit
>mobile firefox: Use app "providers" for handling links or download an addon TO SAVE A FUCKING LINK
>desktop firefox: synced tabs are in a handy menu
>mobile firefox: synced tabs are mashed together with history instead of tabs
>desktop firefox: extensive customization, retains classic UI paradigms we know just work even with lolstralis
>mobile firefox: lolstralis, special snowflake UI because mobile, makes chrome look functional OOTB

A good browser.

That'd be BB10OS's browser

S-shut up!

Which is just yet another Chrome reskin instead of forking Firefox like he should have done.

What's the last good version of Firefox? i'm still on version 42.

Depends on what your criteria for "good" is.

SJWs

either get better than chrome or die

developing for firefox is a fucking chore comparable only to IE10 or safari

The latest version. Or just use Nightly.

Nothing yet... I mean it's not great, but it's still the best choice there is.

I keep a close eye on Vivaldi and Brave, but right now Firefox is the only half decent choice.

everyting. Gecko is shit
XUL is shit

So why is it the best browser? And when do we get something better?

really? everyday this thread? Is OP a fag? if yes, why dont kys OP?

>What went wrong?

It was the "best" browser around 2004, grandpa. Now it's a rotting, stinking corpse. And when version 57 will come around to remove all those bloated addons, it'll finally come to live again, maybe. Needs a lot of engine switching first though.

>It was the "best" browser around 2004
Yup.
>Now it's a rotting, stinking corpse
Yet still better than the alternatives currently.
>And when version 57 will come around to remove all those bloated addons, it'll finally come to live again, maybe
Yup, that is pretty cool.
>Needs a lot of engine switching first though.
For sure.

>Yet still better than the alternatives currently.
It's tons slower and watching multiple twitch streams makes it freeze

Stable maybe? I have had e10s for months on nightly, no freezing ever here.

Slower? not that I can see.

Why haven't you guys upgraded to Google Ultron

Old API and supporting browser internals made it near impossible to improve performance.

I have been usign pcxFirefox for a week now. The memory leeks seem contained.

What's the deal with Servo and Rust lately on Mozilla? Can someone explain as if I was a literal retard?

>use chrome
>no tab groups
>shitty tab management
>100 tabs and you cant fucking see the tab name
>9001 processes
>botnet
>no smooth scrolling
>doesn't have automatic cleaning of history outside of incognito
>forces my own shitty language instead of english
and you call this browser good?

>and you call this browser good?
yes.

hipsters trying to reinvent the wheel

looks like PEBKAC to me

Looks like you don't know what PEBKAC means, those are problems with Chrome, not user.

Stop trying to kill FF, motherfuckers. Let the shills try to do it. If you do it for free you're either too stupid or too dense to realize how you're ruining the internet for generations to come.

>user can't into setting chrome's UI language
>he can't into sensible tab management and needs to have over 9000s of them open

Looks like user never heard of bookmarks and needs to leave tabs open despite never ever reading them

works on my machineā„¢

But not a single one of those are "problems". They are opinions on how a browser should work.

Not one of those are a valid complaint to me.

I would love to ruin the internet.

>botnet

>not a problem

more vague anti firefox threads without substance

sage goes in all the fields

>just use bookmarks
Bookmarks are to be used in addition to tabs, not in place of them, you fucking dumbass.

If the browser's incapable of functioning how the user wants it to then it's a problem with the damned browser.

you can change your language here, dumbo

>botnet
It's a shitty meme with no meaning. Google is not out to rape your mother.

I would kill myself before having 100 tabs open.

Because it's so hard to do manually. Most people are not gonna clear their history every day.

Where? I use it in english, always have. Never has it forced me to use it in my shitty language.

>Servo
New processing engine for firefox that supports multithreading better than the old one. So if you have multiple tabs/windows open at the same time they should render faster. It's a part of severial multithreading-friendly optimizations for firefox like WebExtension and Electrolysis.
>Rust
New programming language that aims to be as fast as C but better designed. Currently only used by Mozilla and hipsters

I was talking about the initial install you stupid fuck

>If the browser's incapable of functioning how the user wants it to then it's a problem with the damned browser.
That is the most retarded thing I have ever read.

Google pls

Works 4 me

>botnet won over freedom.

So every piece of software should take every single user and possible work flows into account when creating the software?

That is how you end up with beyond shitty software.

No one has ever given a shit about freedom. As long as there is enough perceived choice no one is gonna complain.

Opera didn't have a problem with it, neither did Firefox.

>no one
what is Sup Forums?

>when "freedom" is so cancerously degenerate and destructive you side with devil against it

is nightly better than official, stable one? If it is, why's that so Sup Forums ?

But now you are changing what you say. Firefox and Opera doesn't account for everything either.

The entire point is that, you not agreeing with design decisions on how it should work does not make the software bad.

SJWs, that is what went wrong.

More like, "what is 10% of Sup Forums" at best.

Nightly is just the daily alpha build of firefox. So yes sometimes it is better, because tweaks and changes that hasn't made it to stable is in there.

That's all.

No I'm not. Firefox and Opera had no issues accommodating both regular and "power users." Chrome is a basic pile of shit.

Chrome is fine for 90% of people. The fact that it is not fine for you, does not make it bad. I don't understand why that is so hard to grasp.

thanks user, I've installed it few hrs ago, for now I enjoy it, and it isn't part of botnet right?

>Chrome is fine for 90% of people
Which means it's shit for 10% of people.

which is about the market share firecucks has nowadays

And that's okay.

Neat?

Nah

k

bro why do you even think most use Linux instead of Windows, when Windows is a much more stable system?
I will agree that if we go by Stallman's philosophy, then freedom can be kind of extreme, but come on Microsoft can't continue to sell our data for profit

What is this new 'Mozilla are sjws' meme?