50% of Windows computers are still running Windows 7

>50% of Windows computers are still running Windows 7

Stop using Windows 7 and switch to Windows 10

Other urls found in this thread:

microsoft.com/en-us/WindowsForBusiness/Compare
zdnet.com/article/microsoft-windows-7-in-2017-is-so-outdated-that-patches-cant-keep-it-secure/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Stop using Windows

Windows 7 was the last good Windows system.

I don't understand what Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 did. Maybe just wreck 7, slightly fix the garbage, and then botnet the system?

Windows 7 is superior by all objective standards.

Can anyone explain whats wrong with Windows 10 compared to 7? Both seemed similar to me when I had them.

That kind of talk right there is why Trump won the election.

And there is no "real" world. There is just living and trying to be happy.

If we want to argue the real world, you city folks have no clue what it's like to live like I do.

I've got 50 chickens, 15 hogs, three dairy cows, and 6 acres of land I farm for my own benefit.

Aside from internet(which I can live without), I have officially become 100% self sufficient last month.

I live on a well, my power is drawn from a homemade windmill, I have plenty of iron to make the tools I need, I have a foundry, and soon to have a wife.

You city folk only know life by living off of others, you know nothing of struggle and hardship that isn't self inflicted.

You city folk think you're so high and mighty, so important, like you run the world.

Except you don't. The earth runs herself. You folks in the city keep addressing self inflicted problems, and making them worse. You city folk have an opportunity to make millions of dollars with your big corporations.

I don't care about big corporations, I don't care about getting the most updated things. I only care about the things I can make, and the means of surviving in the most natural and humane way as possible.

Go fuck yourself, yellow belly.

Jokes on you, faggot, I'm running Windows XP.

That's the point. Windows 7 was just fine.

But now Windows 10 has a bunch of telemetrics installed and has full control of what gets installed on your computer (even against your will).

The only reason for Windows 10 was so Microsoft could make more money and have full control of your system and software.

They haven't abused the power too much yet (other than forcing upgrades), but they will. Mark my words, they will.

No

>Stop using Windows 7 and switch to Windows 10
Fuck you, no I won't. When I can't find hardware that works with 7 anymore, it'll be Linux for me from that point on.

>I don't understand what Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 did. Maybe just wreck 7, slightly fix the garbage, and then botnet the system?
MS started catering to computer illiterate retards and tablet users at the same time with one OS.

What is the business world?

boy you sure can whip up a copypasta

fuck you.. dont tell me how to OS faggot

heres how im going to put it

i used winxp for 15 years

the only reason i moved to win7 was x64 /w 16gb ram

they will NEVER get me to move to win 10

i will fucking die using win 7

no pajeet

You couldn't shitpost without that internet, faggot. But I agree, we need to become self-sufficient again.

>50% of Windows computers are still running Windows 7
You misspelled "Windows XP"

>Stop using Windows 7 and switch to Windows 10

but it still has the day 0 SMB exploit

>but they will

Windows 10 Cloud

Make 10 better first. Stop half-assing things and stop forcing shit no-one wants.

Window 10 is ugly as fuck. I hate this flat pink shit.

No

Make me, faggot.

8 was better then 7
8.1 un fucked 8
10 is better then 8.1

but that's all performance

8 was an ungodly tablet mess that forced tablets on you

10 is botnet the os with a shit start menu.

If 10 unfucked the botnet and stopped the advertising, I would dual boot it till I can be sure it wont fuck me to full switch over, but because it wont, im on 7

Come on microsoft, I want to give you money, I want to upgrade, not feel like this is the shit I have to use because I don't like linux, don't force me to use linux to put a condom on your fucking os, I may get use to its bullshit and just stop using you.

hackintosh

>Trust me
>They will
>I say so
>Trust me guy

>Windows 7 is superior by all objective standards.
Except that's not true. Unless that with "objective" you meant "my own".

Fuck off.

10 boots really slowly and I have no clue why. Everyone I ask hits me with the >works on my machine

>I used xp for 15 years
God bless your heart, user
I used xp since 2005 to the very start of 2013 when I decided to get a pc that wasn't trash-picked with 7 on it.

Fuck Op I'm staying on 7 til support ends, then switching to whatever Linux distro until Microsoft un-fucks themselves

Who is the cum conjurer?

is blackbird enough to stop the botnet?

No. It's being shilled by one guy here. To stop the botnet you'd need to install it in a virtual machine.

>there are people too autistic to spend an hour properly setting up a vanilla OS install
>there are people that are legitimately retarded and blame things that are their own fault on Microsoft
>there are people using a version of Windows 10 with Cortana
>there are seriously people using versions of Windows 10 that's not the definitive best version

I use Windows 10 on my laptop and Windows 7 on my desktop. Tried upgrading my desktop back when the free upgrades came about. System ran slow as fuck because of it, took upwards of 5 minutes to boot. Set it back to 7, works fine. Also disabling all of Microsoft's new "features" is not something I want to do again.

I'm going to use windows 7 after support ends and there's nothing you can do about it.

I thought that was enterprise

this is pretty much it in a nutshell

>windows 7 is superior by all standards.

Except features and performance.

microsoft.com/en-us/WindowsForBusiness/Compare

Education has every single feature of Enterprise, with Cortana completely gutted and removed from the OS itself.

All of this.

kek

And this is better than 8.1 with Classic Shell... why?

I use Win 8

Remember, Terry has said his dream is to have a dual boot TempleOS and Win8. Even Terry agrees Win8 is the best Windows.

I dont get all the hate on Win8. You can just ignore Metro and everything else is Win7 with a better task manager and design thats less shit. Theres also the way better multi display support etc.

stop using windows. jfc i thought this was supposed to be a tech board, gaymers go back to
>>>/vg

Using OBS as a benchmark to record my desktop, I gained 3 GB of RAM just by switching to Win 8. Same applications at load, same versions of software, Win 8 gives a decent increase.

Didn't come from there, but checking it out, I can tell you all threads are garbage games. I prefer Sup Forums as they talk about gentoo, which I plan to eventually use in my gaming rig.

They are required to patch it to everyone who is in Windows 7 SP1 or later.

>gentoo
Obvious b8 m8

Not b8, if I go Linux I am going for full freedom. Gentoo offers that, even if I need to put use flags in every program.

>not dual-booting Windows for games and Linux for everything else

sauce ?

I'm actually really happy with Windows 8.1. The online driver search feature sealed it for me.

What you're looking for is trisquel or parabola. But trying to go full freetard or trying arch/gentoo as your first linux experience is what makes people cry all over the internet about how "difficult" Linux is. You'll spend an entire day or two setting up gentoo when you can get debian, ubuntu or one of their derivatives up and running in less than 10 minutes.

All the latest technology works fine with Windows 8.1 and I get better CPU/RAM usage to 7. In 10 I hear CPU/RAM usage got worse again. Linux isn't viable for me, I spend a lot of time making 4k drone videos and rendering them through Premiere.

I'd still be running Windows 2000 if it wouldn't turn into an instant botnet zombie.

Security only update for Windows 7 now comes with shitty bomb too.
So we can't avoid being fucked up as long as we use Windows.

The problem is that which Windows we should use if we unfortunately need to use one of them.
Windows 7 is not our last resort anymore.

Show me a hotter OS-tan and I will switch to that distro. I base my OS choice entirely on how hot the OS-tan is.

Jennifer Lawrence sure got puffy in her face.

Also fuck you, win7 is comfy enough for gaming/solidworks. Debian for some gaming and all the rest.

White hair is hot? Sorry user, not a granny lover.

DESIGNATED

>switching TO windows

Dude the drivers were nice for 8.1. It forcibly upgraded me to 10 but when I had 8.1, my touchpad drivers allowed for the sweetest gestures, akin to a mac. They were extremely smooth but with win10 it's fucked up and I can't do it anymore. I feel like something with the win10 built in gestures like 3 finger swipe fucked up the pre existing ones I had specific to my machine. And of course this hasn't been fixed yet. Just want my gestures back :(

Windowa 10 made my midi synth unplayable thanks to microshit fucking with their own midi soundboard

Windows Weekly Podcast. Mary Joe Foley

Daily reminder: We use more power, ram, and cpu to do basically the same thing that was possible 20 years ago

Name one feature that is exclusive to windows 10, that is halfway decent and not some cloud shit. I'll wait.

Direct X 11.1 and greater.

speak for yourself

>Windows
>Good
Pick one

when is reactOS going to be completed?

hahaha LMAO that's what you deserve for using 10, faggot

I pick Windows, because all operating systems are shit.

>streaming 4K videos 20 years ago

Right.

I needed the commandline to fix some audio/video problem on 10. Never had something like this on 7.

>i get triggered by people not using what i use
go fuck yourself OP

jokes on you, it only affects Windows 8 and up :^)

I miss Windows 95. I want to go back.

No.

Outdated copypasta

Microsoft: Windows 7 in 2017 is so outdated that patches can't keep it secure

Microsoft warns business customers to begin migrating from Windows 7, exactly three years before it reaches end of life.

zdnet.com/article/microsoft-windows-7-in-2017-is-so-outdated-that-patches-cant-keep-it-secure/

Care to prove any of it false? Didn't think so.

Gentoo mentioned 6 times here. kek

XP master race reporting in

THIS

It's not like microsoft even wants to try to fix it.

Why bother when Windows 10 is more secure

Do it now

Nice try NSA

Why bother caring about security when you make offline backups every night and change your 256-character passwords once a week.

You passed, if only because of your dubs.

>>Stop using Windows 7 and switch to Windows 10
No, I'm going to XP 7 until the very end. Once 7 is no longer viable, I will switch entirely to linux. I rarely use Windows anymore and I only use 7 when I do need to use it.

This but without the "Once 7 is no longer viable, I will switch entirely to linux. I rarely use Windows anymore and I only use 7 when I do need to use it." bullshit.

So you plan on just using 7 forever?

Yup. And if M$ makes Intel or AMD officially drop all Windows 7 support, I'll just keep using an older system. XP is still alive and well, hell it's more used than 8/8.1. People still use and support it. Windows 7 will be another slice from the same loaf.

>mfw more people use winXP than win8

Microsoft said it's no longer safe to use.

It was demonstrated over a decade ago that XP was unsafe. That didn't stop a lot of people then (perhaps because of Vista's poor reception) and even today, there are still a few people clinging to XP.