Why is the latest version so slow and clunky?

Why is the latest version so slow and clunky?

I can click on a tab and it will take 3-4 seconds to switch. Scrolling stutters and freezes a lot making you jump pages. Anyone else experiencing this garbage?

It's dead. Move on.

you are using old hardware

I'm on an i7 with 8GB of ram

this shouldn't be this bad. when I type it also takes a while before the words show up

Welcome to using Firefox.

i'm also on a i7 (but with 16GB ram). runs smoothly for me. Are you using the 32Bit build or the 64Bit?

Try a fresh FF profile?

purchase an ssd
if it doesn't fix it, you've lost money on a device you might not need
but if it does fix it, i will get wings for helping out an anonymous person on a chinese web site

>pc sjw code

Install Chromium 58.0.3002

Welcome to Firefox, where copying Chrome in every way but speed is the order of the day.

Because e10s isn't that good in stable yet and you problaby have it disabled anyways.

Try Nightly, it's nearly butter smooth while stable hangs up every now and then on my machine

You're lying on an anonymous image board. I use i5 and 8GB RAM and switching tabs is instant.

Then there is obviously something wrong on your site.

Try and disable hardware acceleration in the settings. If that doesn't fix it, then you are simply lying about the problem.

Why would I lie? Wouldn't disabling hard accel make it slower?

I'm scared to do that because I might forget a password or two

>Wouldn't disabling hard accel make it slower?
Just try it.

Yes, in an ideal world where there is never GPU driver problems it would be faster with it.

Stop being scared. Become a tiger of courage. Only that way will you find the true way of fixing cimputer related problems.

because you have a shitty machine, maybe? I'm running the nightly build, which is what I assume you are running as well since you said latest version and i have no issues. This is coming from someone with a celeron processor and integrated graphics, so unless you're running some oldass pentium 3 computer i suggest you stop lying you faggot.

Typical firefag excuse:

>IT'S NOT OUR BROWSER THAT'S BLOATED YOUR MACHINE JUST IS NOT FAST ENOUGH!!!

It seems slightly better without accel. Monitoring performance still.

oh look a 3rd anti-firefox thread

how nice

Otherwise just use Chrome. It's certainly not laggy.

But I really have never had Firefox be slow either. Except in the rare case where GPU accel fucks up.

Why firefox doesn't built with Profile Guided Optimizations (PGO) enabled by default? Is there such plans? Because i see pgo builds on their ftp server.

I'm getting sick of this. Mods need to start removing these shill threads.

It feels slow/clunky on Linux. On Windows it flies.

It's usually the opposite. I find it running well on Linux, Windows and Android.

well it just werks

not for me

Probably hackers or something try to scan your conputer for viruses

sucks to be you

nope
on laptop from 2005

Did you try turning it on and off again? That usually fixes problems for people.

Not that I have had any problems for I have a proper installation of Firefox and a decent computer.

I really want to hate firefox because of the sjw management but I just cant find a reason. Is all this complaining about how slow it is some kind of meme or something? I'm using it on a pretty crappy old pc and it litterally never crashes and doesnt get slow even with 100 tabs open. Meanwhile my chromefagging friends are getting virus after virus.

Go nightly

Use seamonkey.

its known there are google shills, and shills that work on forks of chrome and firefox that post here.

Epiphany

You mean they're seriously paying people to promote their software on some shady board full of autist who dont even have friends to recommend stuff to? Doesn't sound very efficient to me lmao

its worse, some do it for free. there was a guy shilling chrome and admitted to working for google. and there are devs of palememe that have been confirmed to post here. thats just what I've seen. theres probably a lot more.

For some reason performance is pretty shit on Windows, but when I'm using Debian it works flawlessly.

Not sure why unless they're doing some weird OS specific optimization. I doubt the developers are all on a *nix like operating system though.

Seriously.

On the latest nightly 64bit with multiprocess enabled and only 2 extension. It is so fucking smooth and fast. At least at the level of Chrome.

That is from someone who has used Chrome mainly for years (always had Firefox installed and used too though).

People saying Firefox is slow nowadays gotta be doing something wrong.

Are you a Google shill? Could you fix this for me? I can't seem to find a reason for it not to work, other than Google servers being unreachable, or Google installation file being corrupt, which seems unlikely. Even tried a fresh installation of Firefox, and it's able to install every other HTML5 DRM shit but for some reason this can't be handled.

I need to use Chrome for my Netflix needs because of this and it, quite frankly, is vomit-inducing.

>*nix
Is this like when people say t*rk because "turk" would be considered a curse word and something undesirable?

I have experienced that too once.

I fixed it by completely uninstalling Firefox (including any profile folders), and then installing it. Then it got installed instantly after having been stuck for weeks.

Don't know why though.

No. It's a wildcard character.

It's a common way of referring to any OS that is Unix inspired but not necessarily Unix.

I tried to be humorous but I am not a professional humoriotional man.

Hah, yeah that was kinda hard to spot.

>latest version

it's every version.