Serious question. Why is there no much hardware discussion in Sup Forums for the past few weeks...

Serious question. Why is there no much hardware discussion in Sup Forums for the past few weeks? Has everyone gone into software development or something?. Or are hardware releases totally shit? Sure, Intel can only go up to +1% max per year nowadays but still. NVIDIA and AMD give the delusion of better hardware but they usually just increase core count/die size and charge for more.

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/281990/
ark.intel.com/products/87261/Intel-Pentium-Processor-N3700-2M-Cache-up-to-2_40-GHz
cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Pentium-N3700-vs-AMD-Athlon-II-X4-640
notebookcheck.net/Intel-HD-Graphics-405-Braswell-Benchmarks-and-Specs.169241.0.html
store.steampowered.com/app/294100/?snr=1_237_querypaginated__104
notebookcheck.net/Intel-HD-Graphics-405-Braswell-Benchmarks-and-Specs.169241.0.html)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Install Gentoo.

Gentoo is the only true GNU/Linux.

Plebeian, patricians install LFS Linux.

Next thing you'll tell me install Arch.

Can you play games on LFS Linux like you can Gentoo?

i asked this on /sqt/ but since no one answered me and this seems like a relevant thread ill ask it here too. feel free to ignore.

"
can i run this game?
Stellaris
store.steampowered.com/app/281990/

i have a laptop (LENOVO ideapad 300)

-Windows 10 64

-CPU:
Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU N3700 @1.60GHz (4 CPUs). ~1.6GHz
ark.intel.com/products/87261/Intel-Pentium-Processor-N3700-2M-Cache-up-to-2_40-GHz

according to cpuboss.com my CPU is better than the minimum required one, is it?
cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Pentium-N3700-vs-AMD-Athlon-II-X4-640

-GPU:
all dxdiag says is 'Intel(R) HD Graphics'
but apparently i have 'Braswell HD Graphics 405' if google what gpu goes with my cpu
notebookcheck.net/Intel-HD-Graphics-405-Braswell-Benchmarks-and-Specs.169241.0.html

when i check GPU properties:
Total Available Graphics Memory: 2132 MB
Dedicated Video Memory: 128 MB
System Video Memory: 0 MB
Shared System Memory: 2004 MB

-4GB RAM

-DirectX 12

i understood the' Dedicated System Memory' is my VRAM and used to think i can only run games up to 128 but then i tried this game
RimWorld
store.steampowered.com/app/294100/?snr=1_237_querypaginated__104

it runs perfectly and it needs 384 MB of VRAM

so now from what i understand my VRAM is the 'Shared System Memory' and apparently i have 2GB so can i run Stellaris with its 1024MB VRAM requirement???

And another little question:
How come i have DirectX12 when the GPU page (notebookcheck.net/Intel-HD-Graphics-405-Braswell-Benchmarks-and-Specs.169241.0.html) says i can only support DirectX 11.2 ?

i will appreciate a detailed answer, i want to understand this subject and not need to ask each time i want to try a new game.
thank you for giving your time to help me
"

>'Dedicated System Memory' - nine rows from bottom
*'Dedicated Video Memory'

It'll be slow as molasses, thats a CPU heavy game, but yeah.

And cpuboss says yours is worse lol. That's an ancient ass Phenom 2 based design too, which makes it even funnier. God damn are atoms shit.

All DX11 GPU's can potentially support half of DX12, which is both an API rewrite along with new features.

are saying it will be unplayable? or just kinda slow? what do you mean by slow?
so what matters when comparing CPUs for gaming? and overall? b/c overall my CPU seems better.
and is the AMD much better than mine or only a bit?

and i googled some more and from what i currently understand 'Dedicated Video Memory' is what the GPU produces itself and 'Shared System Memory' is memory it steals from the CPU??

does that mean i should forget about even testing the game since my CPU will be under even more load?

ur laptop is ass my dude, but it can probably run that game

Most Sup Forumstards are too poor to afford new hardware. That's why it doesn't get talked about.

wtf are you talking about? everyone here is an expert developer making 6 figures

WTF are YOU talking about? Everyone here is unemployed because Pajeets stole their job for 1/5 the salary.

WTF are YOU talking about? Everyone here but me IS Pajeet.

can you elaborate please?
i want to understand this

>God damn are atoms shit.
They are fine for tablets. Just not for GAYMEN.

Stellaris isn't really an RTS, it instead has really small turns. So you can pause it and do actions fine, but your shits so slow that those turns will take a long time relatively and make the auto progress slow. It'll be like 6s instead of the intended 2s, dig?

The AMD is quite a bit better.

Pajeet isn't a real Indian name. BTFO

Sup Forums is growing up and video games are for children. Adults don't need to upgrade hardware that often.
Most computer science can be done easily on 10 year old computers. In fact you don't need a computer for most computer science.
God is perfectly just.

Hardware technology has been stagnant for years.

Well cold war has ended decades ago so don't expect any major development unless another democrat gets elected

pa(n) meens all
and jeet is a common ending to indian names

alljeets