More expensive

>more expensive
>slower
>still more popular

why do NVcucks buy GTX1060s in a world where RX480 exists?

Other urls found in this thread:

hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/73945-gtx-1060-vs-rx-480-updated-review.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Ay_NWfaRiPc&t=8s
3dmark.com/3dm11/11964144
store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/videocard/
3dmark.com/fs/11504303
3dmark.com/fs/11101769
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

stop wasting the thread limit

This ad is brought to you by the generous contributions of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

because brand names

it doesn't have to be logical

because it was cheaper where i live and runs the games i play better then the 480

Poorfag detected

>same price
>better performance in 95% of games
>don't have to deal with poo tier AMD "drivers"

Who really gives a fuck about doom vulkan and AoTS? Remove those and the 480 average scores drop off a cliff.

>muh AMD has bad drivers meme
>muh 1060 performs better meme

kay

hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/73945-gtx-1060-vs-rx-480-updated-review.html

>i7 5960X @ 4.3GHz
Now do those tests with a CPU people with a midrange card will actually own and see those totally non-existant AMD driver overheads, pajeet.

>That feel when you can get an RX480 4gb for $160

a) 3d Mark score is a combined average. RX 480 has no OC headroom meanwhile those 1060 graphic scores can easily go over 14 000
b) It's hotter
c) It's louder
d) It cost literally the same outside of USA

Meme harder, nobody is buying your shitty GPU anyway. Even 1080 outsells it.

Are you that retarded?

Shh you're not allowed to talk about overclocking in 480 threads.

Are you? Go on, find benches with realistic CPU choices.

I'm pretty sure that only happens with i3s, user.

Here's another benchmark with an RX 470 and GTX 1060 3GB instead.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ay_NWfaRiPc&t=8s

a) 3dmark.com/3dm11/11964144 (not the subpar CPU and basically stock Strix clocks)
b) depends on the cooler design/why would you give a shit
c) depends on the cooler design
d) that's true

>relentless shilling here, on Reddit and in the comments section of every vaguely gaming related website
>ZERO POINT SEVEN PERCENT
>store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/videocard/

They like to pay more. When AMD shuts down and we get 1060 performance for $600+ everyone will be happy.

1060 is actually more expensive in Canada.

I can get an RX480 for $210CAD (4gb) or $290 (8gb). 1060 will set me back $260 (3gb mini) and a whopping $315 for the 6gb mini.

With the performance gap being almost negligible, the RX480 4gb is a no brainer.

AMD won't go out of business, they would just completely abandon the consumer market because people are too stupid to do their research. They'd focus on the server market because they actually care about what they are going to buy.

a) I meant firestrike buddy. I already googled it for you so you don't have to do it. I used an i5 6500 as an example, highest score I could find for a 1060:

3dmark.com/fs/11504303 - GPU score: 15 430, highest found with this combination.

3dmark.com/fs/11101769 - GPU score: 14 872, highest found with this combination.

Verdict? RX 480 is worse at OCing while probably running 30 degrees hotter to achieve this 1400Mhz core clock.

b) coolest non-ref 1060 will be 10 degrees cooler than coolest non-ref RX 480. We talk about air cooling ofc.
c) same as above.

I will never ever buy AMD, mostly because of how dishonest people on this board are about it. I was tricked once and that's good enough, retarded posters like this moron should be perma banned. Please just keep buying inferior product while linking charts with no actual footage but stop calling me an shill for buying superior hardware.

>I will never ever buy AMD
diehard nvidia fanboy detected

>that feel when you need to justify to yourself spending more money for similar performance

Doesn't change the fact that you've got BTFO and at least in a synthetic benchmark like Firestrike your "hot" GPU is 5% slower in best case scenario.

>Post purchasing justifying THIS hard.

wew

>b-but it runs cooler!
as long as it's quiet and doesn't throttle, I really do not give a fuck

Holy fuck, this guy came with actual charts and real counterarguments to retarded OP's thread and all he gets is autistic screeching posts from AMD buttmad drones. This is fucking beyond sad. Keep wondering why exactly 1060 outsold 480 10 to 1 while you keep circle jerking to fallacies.

Dont fall for the meme boys, ATI doesnt support their cards

>No driver support
>Cursor corruption

Don't even get me started if you ever want to use your GPU for anything beyond gayming

>openCL

LOL

coinfucks don't show up on those graphs

RX480 works, despite claims to the contrary, and it performs about the same, but for much less cost. Maybe you can squeeze a bit more out of a 1060, but it's not worth the premium you pay for it.

Happy now?

"Works while being cheaper and bit slower" is a massive downgrade from OP's post user. Also he already said it - 480 is as expensive as 1060 in EU and I know it from first hand. EU market is quite brutal, if something performs as well as the more expensive alternative you can bet your ass it's gonna be sold for as much.

It's because he's being a retard. The 480 is better than the 1060 in the vast majority of games now because of driver updates. Both the charts and videos shitposted here agree with that, so he had to go use an artificial benchmark score that is irreverent to the vast majority of users. He also pulled shit out of his ass like "oh it runs 30 degrees hotter at 1400 durr."

He gets retarded replies because he's a retard.

works better on linux.
not a lot better though.

Benchmarks use high end cpus in order not to bottleneck the gpu you inbred retard.
Literraly all benchmarks use an i7

>"Works while being cheaper and bit slower"

Not what I said. It works and is similar. Some games Rx480 does better, some 1060 does better. You can OC 1060 a bit more because of thermal headroom, but we're talking about a few FPS. It probably still wouldn't catch up to 480 in some games.

At the end of the day, they are pretty much the same. If you can get a 1060 for the same price as 480 then by all means, i'm just saying in the end it's pretty much all the fucking same. Over here, i'm not paying the $30 premium for 1060.

RX 480 goes 50/50 in terms of performance and for every RE7 you have Gears of War 4 so your "it's true because I say so and show this cherry picked benchmarks" argument can be shoved right up your arse. His benchmark was direct answer to retardation provided in OP's picture. And yes, a fucking 1,4 GHz on air will definitely run hotter than any non-ref 1060 at 2100Mhz or are you honestly stupid enough to refute this? In fact, I doubt this bench was achieved on air to begin with, meanwhile any Pascal card easily reaches 2100mhz. Period you retarded shitposter.