I'm going to be installing a fresh OS. Which is better? Windows 8.1 Pro or Windows 10 Pro

I'm going to be installing a fresh OS. Which is better? Windows 8.1 Pro or Windows 10 Pro

Looking for your opinions. I don't game.

Other urls found in this thread:

kinguin.net/category/19429/windows-10-professional-oem-key/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Are you buying them?

>I dont game
Loonix

At a discount.

Just run 10 and purge it of botnet with Blackbird V6.

>I don't game
FreeBSD

Windows 10 has forced updates and startmenu ads. It also has botnet features that are much harder to block in comparison to W8.

BUT

Windows 8.1 has the colorful interface without a taskbar that is """innovating""" and is designed for toddlers. Updates are also ending sooner for W8, and the mainstream updates are only a year away.

Giant Douche v Turd Sandwich. Pick your poison.

>I dont game
Install GNU/Linux

blue on white looks better than white on blue so go with 8.1

Then buy ZorinOS Ultimate

8.1 because it won't change with (((automatic updates)))

>without a taskbar
I meant to say start menu

>startmenu ads
''No''

>I don't game

Xubuntu

Ubuntu 'cause you don't game.

Windows 8,1 without a doubt.

Is the last good version of Windows, the rest after that is full botnet experience where all your information is sent to marketers and salesmen.

Have you considered Installing Gentoo?

Lel, when Windows 10 came out. There was a Sup Forums thread with hundreds of replies on how to force the update.

How tides have shifted.

"yes"

>use this placebo tool that does jackshit because the OS is proprietary and the backdoor is at the Windows NT kernel level.

You can remove that crap, nigger.

Yeah.
Would do that too but i didnt buy the gtx 1070 for loonux

I;ve been running windows 10 for 2 years now.
No ads pop up ever.

Windows 7

>8 or 10 are "good"

Sup Forums is not one person.

There were and still are many Windows 10 shills creating threads about upgrading and what not.

Also, we all know that in the last years, the quality of the posts on Sup Forums has declined with more consumer tech illiterate retards coming in.

Support ends in 3 years.

>create new account
>crap reappers (because it can't be uninstalled at system level)

>update windows to new major version
>crap reappers

Sure, pajeet

Windows 8.1 you fucking imbecile

Windows 8 is bad

/thread. even though support for this OS is dying, win 7 is "the last good version of windows". i'd go back to it if i could but my computer isn't backwards compatible (i think. still testing that one. thats how badly i want to return to win7).

>Windows 10 has forced updates
Yes, because retards disable updates and then get viruses. There is literally no reason to not have updates disabled, fuck off.

> startmenu ads
NICE FUD FAGGOT
FUCKING DISABLE SUGGESTIONS YOU DENSE MOTHERFUCKER

>also has botnet features that are much harder to block in comparison to W8.
You can control that shit, Jesus Christ, it's been two years, end this meme already.

Just purge 10 of botnet with Blackbird V6 and you are set.

>anything to eek out of microsofts gaping asshole since the release of win8 is "good"
yeah kid, IM the fucking imbecile.

Fuck your stupid tool.

False sense of security is worse than non security.

There's a whole lot of privacy settings you can disable so that you never have to see crap like in your picture

t. microsoft employee.
>you have control over any process in win10
>its as easy as disabling a feature!
hilarious. the features enable themselves again. this is why everyone hates Cortana. disabling it in the settings doesn't do a goddamn thing. just like disabling windows defender or any app from running in the background. they will enable themselves after a period of inactivity automatically.
>hating win8 or win10 is some kind of revelation to this thread

> he believes Linux is secure
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAZHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

I bet you don't even know a default installation of OpenSSH has backdoors.

This. Support developers who won't cuck you with botnet.

Cool. What if i want an OS which doesn't fuck their users by default? What if they just remove some options after a mandatory "upgrade"?

Win 8.1 is nice, but Win10 is a bit more polished (though, still unfinished).

If you want the latest features, get 10.
If you just want a basic Windows that is still relatively new and you don't want to bother with disabling updates and telemetry, get 8.1.

Disabling those only takes a few minutes, though (on Enterprise, Pro has limited options for disabling them).

>hilarious. the features enable themselves again.
It happened once in a BETA BUILD
>this is why everyone hates Cortana. disabling it in the settings doesn't do a goddamn thing.
Because it's the bloody search on the platform, disable search altogether in that case
>just like disabling windows defender
Why disable the antivirus?
>or any app from running in the background.
Use the settings
>they will enable themselves after a period of inactivity automatically.
No they won't

Windows 7

>muh MS just wants to "protect" you meme
kek

8.1 is far more stable than 10.
Also where do you aquire a legel enterprise version?

Get Linux, donate to devs. This way someone might actually make a proper OS in future.

> 8 years old
lewd lad

Works just fine with KabyLake CPUs. No need to use pajeet tier winblows 8 or 10.

Yes they will re enable themselves. They used to at the very least. There were tons of spam threads about it around the time of the release.

I never said Linux was secure.

>I bet you don't even know a default installation of OpenSSH has backdoors.

I know that open source software is not immune to those kind of threats (Heartbleed) and that most of it is badly written crap with zero fucks about quality (GNU Coreutils)

What's your point?

>It happened once in a BETA BUILD
Wrong
>Because it's the bloody search on the platform, disable search altogether in that case
Wrong, "cortana" is not required when you're using the old search e.g. in explorer windows
>Why disable the antivirus?
Why NOT let us disable it?
>Use the settings
Epic
>>they will enable themselves after a period of inactivity automatically.
>No they won't
Yes they will.

There isn't a single OS that won't fuck you

Linux will fuck you with horrible desktop support, with every piece of shit app you install being a security nightmare, then you will fuck yourself because you're so retarded you disable SELinux

Apple will fuck you if you try to do things the way they don't like it

BSD whatever will fuck you by virtue of not existing on the desktop (everyone who claims to use them for that purpose doesn't actually do anything useful with their life)

Face it, you have nowhere to go.

FUD
No they won't, and why the fuck would you want your system to be less secure? Go ahead and disable paging and virtual memory too while you're at it.

>using a windows version which still has bugs
>using an eternal beta version (10)
kek

>muh MS just wants to "protect" you meme

Windows 10 is objectively better than 8.1.

>Implying anyone gives a shit when I'm anonymous behind a router

Attack me please. I'll be waiting for your uber leet attack.

faggot.

>it happened once
I'm sorry, you're just fucking wrong. You need to accept that. I have Win10 and I've been disabling Cortana for the last 3 months. Eventually, I disabled the program, disabled the service that runs it, and changed the file directory OF the damn thing JUST to make sure the computer can't re-enable the fucking thing again. This is personal experience and you're a fucking faggot.
>disable search altogether
I did. Multiple times. See above.
>Why disable anti-virus?
Confirmed troll. Now you're just fucking with me. 1/10 for making me respond. You cannot frequent Sup Forums and be this fucking computer illiterate. Its statistically impossible.
>No they won't.
They do and I'm not pulling this shit out of my ass. Everyone knows this shit, except you apparently.

Windows 10 will always be beta

Win8.1 with ClassicShell is as good as it gets, user

You will always be beta.

>Windows 10 is objectively better than 8.1.

Better in what?

Mining the data of the silly goy that uses it?

Virtual memory is just Intel botnet
>muh protected mode

Why not just use LTSB(Enterprise if you need store)

nice anecdotes kiddo

You misunderstood me. I was saying that it's stupid to install an OS which was not tested properly, since it contains lots of bugs. And since win10 always gets "feature updates" the users are basically eternal beta test cucks (unless they install LTSB)

Still has many annoying things and is difficult to license

You can obtain Digital Entitlement on LTSB and Enterprise

Moving on to the important shit...

Win7 is best. Win10 with classic shell is what I'm running right now and it's just as frustrating as it was with Cortana enabled. I remember reading somewhere that win10 also tracks your usage and sends reports back to Microsoft. An OS that literally monitors your location. Incredible.

>I don't game.
>buy the gtx 1070
what

>I don't game.
Devuan GNU/Linux.

Windows 7 is not supported on the hardware.

>OpenSSH
You know this is optional, right dumbfuck?

mint

go away microshill

#REKT

He is not I (OP).

systemd is optional too kiddo

Windows 10 Pro. I honestly don't know why people think its bad, other than Microsoft Edge. If youre going to buy, buy here: kinguin.net/category/19429/windows-10-professional-oem-key/
Its $32

That's why I posted this Fuck right off.

>edge
>bad

It is. There is no hardware tht doesn't support 7, stop shilling your crap.

You think its so good? Theyre partnering up with Netflix so only people with Kaby Lake processors can watch Netflix at 4K, and it has to be watched on Edge. I'd rather use the oldest version of Tor there is

MacBook Pro 2015, asshole.

With scripts, mic, and webcam enabled

Do you really mean it, user? Not OP but I have an Alienware 15R2 and I was told at the time of purchase that it's not backwards compatible with any OS other than win10. I guess it doesn't matter. This thing doesn't have a D:// drive and my copy of win7 is on a disc. Nevermind.

Don't use bootcamp assistant and it works, retard.

>time of purchase
"At the time I obtained the thing from someone else who worked there" is a better way to phrase that. I got it for free.

I use Windows 7 on a new XPS15 without any issues. If anything it works better than the fuckfest that is winblows 10 or 8.

Where do you expect me to get the working drivers, fuck head?

Where could you possibly get the Nvidia driver? Maybe from the component's manufacturer website, retard..

>I don't game.
>GTX 1070

For what purpose.

The 2015 doesn't come with an Nvidia GPU. Stop talking out your ass for a 8 year old OS.

So you can install linux?

Nvidia was an example, replace Nvidia with the cmponent manufacturer. Louis was right, mac users really are incompetent idiots.

I miss my old XPS. I had it for so long that it was becoming obsolete and when it had issues I couldn't find any solutions. But it was one of the models known for overheating to the point of catching on fire. My mom has worked for Dell for the last 15+ years so it was a refurb sent back for diagnostics. Do you like yours? Maybe I'll just bite the bullet and actually buy my own computer. If I did though, I'd just build a desktop from scratch. Tired of fucking with shit like this.

I beg to differ. I am fluent in multiple OSs where as you shill Windows 7 to death.

>cannot find drivers
>everyone else is the retard
listen faggot, if you're using something you can't even find drivers for then you need to upgrade immediately.
>nvidia drivers
Available everywhere, for future reference. But you don't have a fucking nvidia GPU. Perhaps thats why you can't find drivers for your fucking device. You're searching for the wrong ones.
>Mac
Theres your fucking problem which is your own damn fault.

>Do you like yours?
I love it. I had to switch the wireless card though with an Intel one. I actually bought two, one for me and one for my sister, they''re the 6700HQ models. Laptops run really cool, and quiet. I didn't try playing any games or more intensive work though, I know the fans can get fairly loud (not different than on other laptops, for comparison it's quiter than my old Asus N56).

>I am fluent
Right, enjoy your shit then.

I'll cum in your ass.

Just install a Linux distribution that looks and feels like Windows 8 or 10

Neither Install elementaryOS