/bst/ - Battlestation Thread

Previous thread: Post your battlestations and rate others!

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B00F3V80LC/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00F3V80LC&linkCode=as2&tag=wireleshacknew-20&linkId=J5BTAFTA7ARVRW3K
amazon.com/Rapoo-Wireless-Programmable-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B00NITL8B0?tag=wireleshackt-20
amazon.com/XArmor-U9W-Wireless-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B004S862FW?tag=wireleshackt-20
amazon.com/Varmilo-Bluetooth-Mechanical-Keyboard-Original/dp/B0104F6702?tag=wireleshackt-20
bulkammo.com/bulk-5-56x45-ammo-556x45mm55grfmjm193pmc-1000
bulkammo.com/bulk-22-lr-ammo-22lr40grlrnam22federalmatch-3250
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ayy sup buddy!

Reposting because thread just died:

Hey guys! The front of my case broke off, so I had to improvise with an airflow solution. What do you think?

I just moved into my new apartment and this is what I have so far.

I think it is fitting.

I think that's pretty fucking stupid, it's probably restricting airflow.
Just... tape some cardboard over it or something.

Sup dude! Really liking your setup. Shoot that new mouse is great isn't it? Looks comfy. If I am ever going to get a wireless one it would probably be that one.

Not bad actually. Don't think a lot of air will flow through it though. If I were you I would just leave the hole.

Might want to tone down the lights.

Done the server yet?

I posted my battlestation after old thread was kill

Is it the 5.35 bay covers?

>Done the server yet?
Not yet been a busy will probably work on it tomorrow nigh or Thursday.

Wish I had a table like that. I really like how it looks user, very nice setup. Cheers.

Fuck I can't wait for the end of the week already...

Mac mac mac mac. Lovely mac! Wonderful mac! Mac ma-a-a-a-a-c ma-a-a-a-a-ac mac. Lovely mac! Lovely mac! Lovely mac! Lovely mac! Lovely mac! Mac mac mac mac!

Yeah my shitty 700$ android can't turn down the exposure on the camera It's not really that bright in person

Take a wider shot. It's meant to be a battle-station, not 'look at this this tiny section of a desk'

>Sup dude! Really liking your setup.
Thanks man! I'm quite liking it though I think I'm going to move the figures and stuff to a shelf. I like my desk being clean as it is now.

The mouse is fucking godly. I use my G502 as my on-the-go mouse now for commutes to uni and I tell you what after using it for two days solid it was weird as fuck going back to the G502 on the way to uni this morning.

It's looking pretty nice man.
Though the wall decoration is a little weirdly coloured compared to the rest of the room.

need to get a new mouse mat....

Yeah it is a full picture but I had to scale it way down to fit the 2mb limit

>says it's stupid because it's restricting airflow
>recommends a method to restrict airflow
how the fuck dumb this stupid?

Ah I feel you man. I am eventually gonna get a LED or RGB strip and put it under my table to add some nice colors.

It's looking pretty clean indeed man.
I have a G403 and it's a pretty fucking based mouse, I got it for cheap as fuck also.
Does that wireless mouse have good latency and all of that?

Hahaha I got it.

Restricting airflow inside the fucking case dumbass.
The carboard will just prevent the pressure from being fucked up so much.

I have had 0 latency issues with it both using bluetooth and its USB dongle.

That's better.
I'd tone down the lights a bit personally but otherwise it looks decent.
Questionable choice in peripherals though.

>
>Restricting airflow inside the fucking case dumbass.
>The carboard will just prevent the pressure from being fucked up so much.
>
>I have had 0 latency issues with it both using bluetooth and its USB dongle.
> (You)
>That's better.
>I'd tone down the lights a bit personally but otherwise it looks decent.
>Questionable choice in peripherals though.

What's questionable? Mouse, keyboard, fan, bose speaker, and some of my wife's schoolwork. Along with a couple collectibles.

Still need to sound treat my room and get my studio monitors and a better mic, then... Then it'll be perfect.

Not bad for what there is, but manage those cables under the desk, son.

Those LEDs, fuck my eyes.

Cluttered desk and shit cans. Other than that shit is tight. 7.5/10.

Hat the wall thing. Geometric fucks with me hard. 7/10

Are you the one with the 100+ keyboards or something?

Get extended my bro. The whole setup will flow better.

Is that an air freshener on your desk? Doesn't it spray in your face? W-what's in the suitcase, user??

How about battery life?

Much better

I did do cable management though, it's pretty good.

> (You)
>Is that an air freshener on your desk? Doesn't it spray in your face? W-what's in the suitcase, user??
Air freshener? It's just a fan. And I keep my dungeons and dragons books in the suitcase.

Ahh my bad, it looks like one of those air fresheners with a can in them that sprays every 10 minutes.

Could just be the lighting but that's a Razer Mouse & Keyboard right?
The LEDs in them are kinda out of place in the rest of the room.

Also next time just > the related line. You could have been any one of those 3 posts I responded to.

>Are you the one with the 100+ keyboards or something?
What?

Nice setup btw.
That desk looks a little low though? Or is that just the angle?

>How about battery life?
Supposedly around 4 weeks of use on a full charge.
I haven't had to charge it once, not even when I got it.

I'm charging it now though as it was on 2/4 bars when I got it and it's dropped to 1/4

You added a (you) in text....
I thought you were responding to my post it was so confusing.

I'm going to buy my wife her first computer case to build a rig out of. Will post pics if the thread doesn't die by the time I get to frys.

>What?
Must have mistaken you for another, user.
>Nice setup btw.
>That desk looks a little low though? Or is that just the angle?
Might just be the angle, if anything it is a bit high.

Looks pretty nice, neat and tidy. Only things I see are that chair, it looks really comfortable but I would be embarrassed to tell anybody I spent that much money on a gamer chair. The other thing is that sunlight doesn't bother you? Do you have heavier drapes?

I like the neatness too, but I don't like the tackiness of those keycap colors. Also why would you buy a keyboard with no numpad then a separate numpad?

Everything on top of the desk looks pretty good, but it seems like you don't have enough leg room down there. Do you feel cramped with your knees?

That is a pretty fucking long time, amazing. I wonder why some of the reviews weren't that great. It really does look like a good mouse. Might get one next Black Friday.

yeh pretty awful, i can't do much about it as its rented and i cant really fuck with the furniture.... i tend to sit cross legged though so its not too bad

There. Now there is no confusion on which user I am.

>I don't like the tackiness of those keycap colors
I like em, they're out of place and stand out in a way I like and so far I've not found anything else I particularly like to replace them.
Saving my money for a really high quality set in a few months though I think.

>Also why would you buy a keyboard with no numpad then a separate numpad?
I bought the numpad to use when playing Elite: Dangerous because at the time I was using a stick in my left hand and needed something to bind my other flight controls to.

I don't actually use it anymore. Not since I bought a HOTAS and forced myself to learn to use a right-handed stick.

Hm. Fair enough.

Absolutely wonderful. It charges pretty fast too. It's not exactly hard to just charge it when I'm not using it and it functions perfectly fine when plugged in.

I should update this since its February

gay / 10. Filtered.

> (You)
I actually didn't pay for it. My girlfriend got it for me. I would never pay that much for that chair. It's not worth it imo.

I just moved to that house so i need to buy blinds. It's on my list. It is kind of a pain in the ass. Are you in a dorm?

Getting some work done, playing Yakuza 0, and Nioh is coming soon. Good week.

Jesus this is fucking comfy as fuck.

>no reason to take new picture

>literally the only thing I've changed is flip my calendar I don't even use from January to February.

Still love the little ornament.
Don't mind me, I'm enjoying the fact I've been filtered twice today.
FeelsGoodMan
Always a lovely sight.
Comfy business smart station
9/10

Comfy and gorgeous as always.

Btw, why is your lamp stuck behind the monitor?

Imo it would look great in between your right monitor and the tv. It's a good looking lamp.

Love it man, I wish I had a window behind my setup like that.

Is that a Mac Mini or a Apple TV?

Exactly, not bad at all. I would love to have a wireless peripheral setup, but there are sadly no wireless mechanical keyboards.

Looking good bro, fan as always. Really want a fucking gun! I want a AK or a AR, but would also like a 10/22 for cheap shooting.

It has a really short cable. I moved my books to that corner, so now it looks a bit cramped, but I still like the ambient lighting it has back there. I've been thinking about trying to move it to my other power strip, but I always forget or am too lazy to route everything again, but I might try it out later.

>Exactly, not bad at all. I would love to have a wireless peripheral setup, but there are sadly no wireless mechanical keyboards.
amazon.com/gp/product/B00F3V80LC/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00F3V80LC&linkCode=as2&tag=wireleshacknew-20&linkId=J5BTAFTA7ARVRW3K
amazon.com/Rapoo-Wireless-Programmable-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B00NITL8B0?tag=wireleshackt-20
amazon.com/XArmor-U9W-Wireless-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B004S862FW?tag=wireleshackt-20
amazon.com/Varmilo-Bluetooth-Mechanical-Keyboard-Original/dp/B0104F6702?tag=wireleshackt-20

Here's 4

Thanks. I still can't believe how much attention it's gotten.....I mean it's cool and all but it's just a lamp in my mind.

And I could never filter you, Loki :) You seem like such a peaceful soul

Thanks! I really enjoy my rainy weather.
It's actually the time capsule/router.
Was searching for cheap hard drives on craigslist and managed to get that for $40

>I would love to have a wireless peripheral setup, but there are sadly no wireless mechanical keyboards.
Yes there are. There are even cheap ones like the RK61 and Anne PRO.

Yes I know but they all look pretty shit to be honest.

Rainy weather is pretty good man, I find it so fucking comfy.
You got a pretty good deal on that.

Ahh okay, I had a feeling it might have something to do with cable management

>And I could never filter you, Loki :) You seem like such a peaceful soul
I try to be, more like I just don't give a shit what anons think about me.
Better to love what I love and be hated for it than to try to fit in and not enjoy myself.
Ironically enough my board seems to be relatively loved in most places I post it so who gives a shit right?
If anons wanna hate let them I don't need that negativity in my life.

The Anne PRO is wireless?
Dude the Anne PRO is pretty based.

>Yes I know but they all look pretty shit to be honest.
What do you want on a keyboard? The two I listed are as simple as they get, and you can change the keycaps if you don't like them. Do you want gamer shit like what Corsair and Razer makes?

>Looking good bro, fan as always. Really want a fucking gun! I want a AK or a AR, but would also like a 10/22 for cheap shooting.

Thanks brother. And follow your dreams user! I used to tell people getting a.22 was the best first gun....but now I tell them to just go ahead and get a solid AR and even build one themselves if they want to

I don't like the Anne PRO at all, I hate all those lights on the keyboard.

>What do you want on a keyboard?
High quality, cherry mx brown switches, and no annoying RGB lighting. The RK61 actually doesn't look that bad now that I look at it but I don't want blue switches.
>Do you want gamer shit like what Corsair and Razer makes?
Why would I user? I don't have any of that now. I don't like those type of keyboards anyways.

Yea an AR-15 is probably a good choice bro.

bulkammo.com/bulk-5-56x45-ammo-556x45mm55grfmjm193pmc-1000

This is the price of the ammo. I feel like I could probably waste this in a weekend of shooting. For the same price I could get 3250 rounds of Federal ammo in .22

>High quality, cherry mx brown switches, and no annoying RGB lighting. The RK61 actually doesn't look that bad now that I look at it but I don't want blue switches.
You can turn off the lighting on the Anne (which you should anyway if you're running it wireless), and Gaterons are better than Cherry switches, specially browns.

Mine would be a lot nicer if wife didn't shit it up with kid stuff

I have no issues at all with my Cherry MX switches honestly, these browns have been fucking amazing overall. The RK61 is using Cherry MX BTW, or at least that is what it says.

>I just don't give a shit what anons think about me. Better to love what I love and be hated for it than to try to fit in and not enjoy myself.

This so much. On here and in real life. One of the most important things one can learn in life

I'm pretty sure the RK61 has Kailh switches, even though they say it's Cherry.

r8

No rice shit here

However my second monitor dying and having to temporarily use a 1024x768 LCD from over a decade ago as a second monitor is not very fun

I still really like my home built desk though, this was just a test but I really enjoy being able to meticulously design the height/dimensions

The photo shows that they are indeed Cherry switches. Now if they actually come with it is a different thing. Fucking chinks...

battle station? you mean device from which I doth post mine shits!

Why do you have two mice?
Once for casual and one for gaming use?

notbad/10
What's the case?

trackball for chillin and mouse for occasional gaming or other mouse-sensitive shit

Just google "RK61 Cherry" and you can even find a thread on reddit with people saying they're usually only available with Kailh, which is why they're usually really cheap.

Fractal Design Define R3, I think they called the door color "Silver Arrow". I haven't done anything to it except throw in the USB 3.0 upgrade kit for the top panel

I think when I upgrade I might either re-use this case or just buy another Fractal Design case, I've tried a bunch of shit since I started building PCs in 2005 and the only cases that ever "stuck" with me were Fractal ones, although Corsair and some of the newer manufacturers look like they have some nice offerings too

Nice AR, is that a Bravo Company upper? I can't tell. Here's my old AR I built back in.. 2013 I think it was- I wanna rebuild the lower with a nicer trigger kit and maybe install a rail kit, now that I have some money.

Sup

Pretty sure they would have to refund you, that is false advertisement. The keyboard is pretty shit anyways, for a wireless at least.

>For the same price I could get 3250 rounds of Federal ammo in .22

Very true. Maybe you would be happy with a .22 AR. I've shot a few and I think most of them are pretty reliable these days as well

Hey bud. What's up with that image haha?

.22 uppers for an AR-15 are very expensive though. I might as well get a AR-15 that I can use occasionally and train with, and a 10/22 that I can use to fuck around with and just waste a bunch of rounds.

bulkammo.com/bulk-22-lr-ammo-22lr40grlrnam22federalmatch-3250

The anime ones are shit but I like my MDR-V6.

Rate my shitstation.

Checked

meme/10

>Nice AR, is that a Bravo Company upper?

Thanks brother. I like yours too. Actually it's all Bravo Company, it's a RECCE 16. Originally I was going to build my own but I fell in love with the recce after I shot one

Aww shit I didn't notice the trips.
Now I get the hate ahahah.

Feel the Berne

>.22 uppers for an AR-15 are very expensive though.

Oops I should have clarified. I meant a dedicated AR actually chambered in .22 from the factory like a M&P 15-22 or something similar. I mean, you're gonna end up with a .22 sooner or later since it's always good to have a good ol' plinkster around. Either caliber is a gateway drug. So really your only decision right now is which caliber you want to own first

>What's up with that image
Polaroid brah

Those doughnut balls look good.

Yea they are around the same price as a regular AR, might do that then. Eventually I would like a regular AR though, the power is nice. Eventually I would also like a revolver, like those better then autos.

Did you do an edit or literally take it with a Polaroid?

Literally used one of my Polaroid cameras haha
That photo is worth two whole pounds now!

How thick is that table top?

Looks good user. The poster to the left is trippy.

Haha that is fucking cool man. I would like to take a picture like that. Why are they worth so much?

I lied actually it's £2.25 per photo!
A pack of Impossible Project film (Polaroid don't make film anymore) costs £18 and you only get 8 shots out of each pack.
It's a fun but expensive hobby

>How thick is that table top?

I don't know the exact thickness, but I'd say it's about 2 or 3 inches thick. It's actually part of an Ikea wardrobe that never got assembled.....seriously. It's a damn good desk though

where can i find a good desk and speaker stands?

>pays to become a Sup Forums premium member but uses cardboard boxes and milk crates for furniture

What the input lag like on a projector? I couldn't imagine playing TF2 with anything more than 15ms.

Also, impressive setup.

nice desk, user! I found some cheap trestle legs on amazon for about 50 USD that looks like yours. Where did you get the tabletop? I need help finding a good place to get one.

tell me where to get them and i will buy the furniture.

every store in the world is expensive and crap.

loading these things on this god damn website takes years now, what the fuck.

You better choose the right girl.

>Restricting airflow inside the fucking case dumbass.
>The carboard will just prevent the pressure from being fucked up so much.

Holy fuck you're retarded. How did you find this board?