What does Sup Forums think about the Sentry case? Pic related

What does Sup Forums think about the Sentry case? Pic related
Is ti worth mymoney?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=azlP8iiMb-4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bump

It's the smallest steam machine form factor but I prefer the Dan A4 SFX form factor. If you don't want to pay out the ass, get Node 202 which is at 10.2 litres.

nfc s4 mini is superior

But can it 1070?

>not going with our Lord and Savior Fractal Design

This case might 1070. Probably not, but it might.

i'm using sugo sg05
40$
small as it gets
supports gtx 1070

if i were to want to switch from a full-sized case to something like these what would i have to know

Probably a mini 1070.

>CPU cooler height
>GPU length and width limit
>number/size of hard disks supported

youtube.com/watch?v=azlP8iiMb-4

>CPU cooler height
Slim cases like the node 202 and sentry go up to around ~58mm for cooler height, so the best cooler you can stuff in there is a Scythe Big Shuriken 2
Dan A4 only works with really slim coolers like the Noctua L9i. This is big deal because the Shuriken is a flat 10°c cooler.
>GPU length and width limit
Node 202 literally any GPU, even massive 2.5-slot cards, and with thinner cards you can add fans underneath.
Other slim cases are smaller, but it seems that 100% of them will fit a blower-style card no matter what.
>number/size of hard disks supported
You're basically looking at M.2 and 2.5" drives all the way. The M.2 will be on the mobo itself, and then you have space for a couple 2.5" drives at most.

I've been looking at this case with the intention of using it in a horizontal orientation. Unfortunately it seems the included feet are too short and mean theres hardly any clearance for GPU cooling.

What about power supplies? Non-standard, right?

Looks better in black i think, and while i get some people dig it, a little tiny bit too industrial for me.

Just something small like aluminium front panel and power button would have made a lot of difference.

Obviously.
Fuckall choice, fuckall wattage, fuckall cooling or silence but all of the price for a competent standard FF counterpart.

Yes, all of them are SFX, but it's really not an issue as SFX format has really taken off recently. You can get them in wattages powerful enough for SLI systems now. If you plan on putting a 6700k and 1080 equivalent into a node 202, don't bother with the bundled PSU, I've heard it can have issues if pushed hard.

Only ITX cases that can accept full ATX supplies are "cube" style usually at the cost of GPU size or other restriction, or large ones like the Define Nano or Manta, but those are bigger than two nodes stacked.

I was thinking just a 1060, andan i5 with a low profile cooler. It uses miniITX mobos, right?

Yes. it's easily doable.

Most people don't really need anything more than an ITX board truth be told. MicroATX maybe, but only the most hardcore will need ATX

It remains to be seen how much of an effect Optane will have on performance in the future, as that would be a compelling reason to get at least mATX, since you get double the RAM slots which will have to be shared between the two types of memory.

What would be cool to see is a flat case like the Node or Sentry but in mATX form factor. Or perhaps an all new slightly wider ITX form factor that would allow for some extra expansion.

Optane is on m2 and is locked to Kaby lake

So cute

Picopsu+powerbrik

HDPLEX 300 is better if you're not dangerously strapped for space, you can run a 95w CPU and a GTX 1080 off of one and a 330W power brick, so long as you keep everything clocked stock.

What's the cost of one of these with an i7 build? Doesn't need to include a GPU

SG08 is just slightly longer and looks better imo