/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Samsung Galaxy S8's Bixby virtual assistant rumored to support 7-8 languages
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s8s_bixby_virtual_assistant_rumored_to_support_78_languages-news-23253.php

New Snapdragon 835 gets benchmark shows improved score
gsmarena.com/snapdragon_835_gets_benchmark_stats_at_geekbench-news-23247.php

Sony develops first smartphone sensor capable of shooting super slow motion at 1,000fps
sony.net/SonyInfo/News/Press/201702/17-013E/index.html

A brazilian user has a Moto G5 Plus; 5.2" screen, NFC and 12 MP camera
plus.google.com/114294696205537776971/posts/hsJY3qKchMY

Galaxy S8 Real Life Image Leaks, 3.5mm Audio Jack Included
androidheadlines.com/2017/02/galaxy-s8-real-life-image-leaks-3-5mm-audio-jack-included.html

Huawei P10 and P10 Plus specs and pricing appear on leaked document
phonearena.com/news/Huawei-P10-and-P10-Plus-specs-and-pricing-appear-on-leaked-document_id90724

old

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_4x_hatsune_miku_special_edition_was_unveiled_in_china-news-23272.php
youtube.com/watch?v=x24MsZvrfgQ
developer.android.com/about/dashboards/index.html#Platform
kyivpost.com/world/un-classifies-latvia-lithuania-estonia-northern-europe.html
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.vndnguyen.phoneinfo
gsmarena.com/samsung_is_giving_away_free_256gb_microsd_cards_with_galaxy_s7_purchase-news-23273.php
gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_423246.html
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-4a
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-zte-nubia-z7-max
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-oukitel-u20-plus
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-ulefone-u008-pro
fastcardtech.com/XIAOMI-Mi4C-MI-4C.html
s.aliexpress.com/U3UzqeqY
ifixit.com/Guide/Samsung Galaxy S4 Cracked Front Glass Replacement/21843
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just caught the tail end of the last thread, so reposting.

Do you think I'd be able to get a good deal on Galaxy S7 when the S8 comes out? Is that how cellphones usually work?

I have a moto x play right now but I'm not super happy with it.

Used, yes.

choose between Oppo,Huawei and Xiaomeme?

Huawei if you don't care for interface. Xiaomi if the device has solid dev support.

>tfw Qualcomm's 2017 flagship SoC has worse single core performance than Apple's A9 SoC from 2015

at least those phones have quadruple the RAM

Bought a Moto G4 Play yesterday for 150.

Good call?

What is a good file organizer for android that isn't a chinese botnet or some shit? Don't need it to be free.

Tks

Solid Explorer
Root Explorer
Amaze File Manager

Stop using Google Play Services.

>Sony develops first smartphone sensor capable of shooting super slow motion at 1,000fps
While kind of cool, what practical purpose would this serve?

Thanks I'll check them out.

whatever purpose people want to put it to use

up 2 u

Is there another youtube app worth using other an newpipe, or is newpipe THE one to use?

(Not that I want to avoid newpipe specifically - I just want to know what the options are.)

>Had $160
>Thought about buying Zuk Z2
>Bought a different phone because I'm $4 less

Am I fucked? I was thinking of buying the Zuk Z2 because of the camera. Best below $200 if I'm correct.

>>Bought a different phone because I'm $4 less
what did you buy instead? sounds retarded

How do I disable grayed out apps??

Anyone has the updated buyers guide?

Redmi Note 3 Pro

It's alright. the camera is a pile of shit of though.
Zuk is objectively better all around.

this might be /o/, but how does one change bluetooth audio settings to not use gplay by default when connecting to a car? Doesn't show up on my v20 settings and I want to have it maintain its state rather than open something

What are some things certain manufacturers do that you would like others to adopt?

For me it would be notification slider a la Apple and OnePlus, all buttons on one side like Blu and Nokia, and a dedicated camera button also like Nokia.

>Zuk is objectively better all around.
Lol no, the Redmi Note 4 Indian Edition is way better.

weak b8 lithu

Same user from other thread. Fuck USPS for losing my OnePlus 3T.

Femanon here
What will be the difference between the redmi note 4x and then original redmi note 4? Is it worth waiting?

>objectively point out that ZuK Z2 is just average and not a godsend like RN3P
>gets called an eastern european

I did not deserve this.

Are there actually any decent Android apps for downloading mp3's? The ones I have seen have all been malware.

don't shitpost senpai

What app shoild I use for custom lock screen?

I bought a Doogee Shoot 1

Praise me, it has double the rear cameras to take faster pictures.

Also 1080p screen.

>Buy Zek Z2
>The superior Lelnovo brand outs its G5 Plus
>Blows the Zek Z2 out of the water with its specs

Fucking buyer's remorse.

How do I remove this dumb crap on a ZTE Axon 7...

>Removing a feature

I want to root my phone but I don't get how I should do it

There is dozens of different ways to root it depending of the firmware and most says that trying it on a different firmware will result in a bootloop

that and I can't find the correct android update to downgrade my phone

The process seems far easier thant cracking the 3ds yet it's more bothersome somehow

Hello. How can I know if a Samsung Galaxy s7 is fake? Planning to buy one since its one of the few phones with a ip68 rating, fingerprint sensor and good battery life.

gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_4x_hatsune_miku_special_edition_was_unveiled_in_china-news-23272.php

>The special edition merely offers a cosmetic change and a special accessory package. Underthe hood, it is the same Redmi Note 4, we are already familiar with.

>Frankly, if you are that into Hatsune Miku, chances are you are going to enjoy a Redmi Note 4 in one of the two new unique colors - Hatsune Green and Cherry Pink, complete with a signature on the back. You also get a stylized package, a printed protective case and limited edition Mi Power bank.

>As already mentioned, the internals are exactly the same as on the international Redmi Note 4, which does make us wonder why Xiaomi felt the need for an "X" branding, along with the special edition description. This also brings about some additional confusion, since a higher-end Redmi Note 4X has been passing by the rumor mill as well.

>We are not exactly sure if this excludes the announcement of a more powerful Redmi Note 4X version in the future, but this special edition come with a 5.5-inch, FullHD panel, Snapdragon 625 SoC, 4GB of RAM and 64GB of expandable storage. You also get a 13MP, plus 5MP camera setup, fingerprint reader and a 4100 mAh battery.

youtube.com/watch?v=x24MsZvrfgQ

Downloading individual mp3s from a designated site? Is this 2005.
Pirate it, bro.

XDA

Anyone have the GPD XD (android tablet with a clamshell build with great hardware controls)?
Keep getting back into old games on my phone before giving up due to awful onscreen controls and thinking a designated portable emulation box is the next step up, especially seeing that it has great battery life and I fly very often.
Sure, it's just a toy like most tablets but seems to be a rewarding toy.

I took a look on my device forum and I might me able to do something
I'll see when I get home

I use an older version of the official app, with the background player and Adaway repos from Xposed, and it's perfect

I don't have one, but I've got a hacked psp and I've heard that the GPD have a bit more power so they can run dreamcast and N64 emulators better.
Been considering one, but the Vita just got hacked not too long ago, so I'm kinda waiting to see what kind of CFW starts dropping, and if someone is able to make a vita emulator for another platform like the GPD.

My ZTE Supreme has finally lost it. Some parts of the screen no longer respond to touch, and that includes the home button, which means if I want to close an app, I actually have to turn the phone off, and start it again.

Should I buy the Oneplus 3T when the 128 gets stocked again or should I wait for the Oneplus 5?

Just flashed unofficial LineageOS because I'm impatient and it keeps restarting when I open QuickPic, anyone know why this is?

If it gets stocked again before May, then yes. If not, wait for the 5 because by the time they ship out the 3T (if it gets restocked in may or whatever), they probably would have already announced the 5.

I would get it for the charger and that blue tint honestly it's really cute.

Oneplus 5 launch is still months away (probably around June/July)

I'm waiting for the 5. Sure my phone is seriously slow right now (due to always buying budget phones instead of mid-range) but upgrading when the 5 is out will be grand. Then I can keep to my promise of only updating once every two years, regarding this piece of shit I'm using.

Well it's not a guarantee the 5 will be amazing. It can easily be a dud. Have you chosen a backup plan if that is the case?

If it's a dud like the oneplus 2, I'll pick up a cheap 3t or anything else that seems good around the time. Anything would be an upgrade over this phone so I'm sure I'll be impressed.
Could also keep using this til it finally falls apart.

Over 1% of android phones are now on Nougat
developer.android.com/about/dashboards/index.html#Platform

LIthuania officialy is part of Northern Europe now.

kyivpost.com/world/un-classifies-latvia-lithuania-estonia-northern-europe.html

Bump

Near launch I remember everyone shat on the Google Pixel as if it was some shitty iPhone knockoff, but now when I check the archives it seems to be well-received. Was it shills in full force or did something happen?

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.vndnguyen.phoneinfo

My Moto G4 won't turbo charge anymore. I bought OEM from Amazon but it still won't charge fast

What else could be the reason why?

It's mediocre. Why bother when you can just get an iPhone for the same price.

turbo charge works per %
meaning it doesn't charge fast at like 70% or something
but if you're at like 10%, then it charges fast up until something above 50%

Took 6 hours to charge from 50%. Is this acceptable?

And 2-3 hours from 60% for my 2nd try

Return that piece of shit phone and buy a xiaomi

You have to do more tests, twice doesn't really give you enough information.
So do more tests, and time them. Do separate tests, one from 10%-50%, and then others from 50%-100%. The one from 10%-50% should always be faster. But again, you'll have to keep everything else the exact same (ie charging from your desktop computer or an outlet, don't change, also try not to use your phone while charging but keep it on). Actually time them.

From there you'll be able to tell if there's a problem with the charging. Or you can just skip all of this, talk to moto support and get a replacement or something of that nature.

K. Will do

really great homemade cumshots

Buy it new from a reputable seller. Only way to be sure. Spend a little extra (wait and save a little longer if you need to) for that comfy peace of mind.

tits or gtfo

I received my oneplus t3, unlocked, rooted (bootlooped 3 times before I could figure how to properly do it), custom kerneled (franco) and finally it's usable.

Now I noticed that the default governor is set to "interactive", which one is recommended?

Also which kernel manager app is best?

Samsung is giving a free 256gb microsd card to people who buy a Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge
gsmarena.com/samsung_is_giving_away_free_256gb_microsd_cards_with_galaxy_s7_purchase-news-23273.php

Galaxy A5 (2017) or Xperia X?

Just bought a redmi 4 prime. What the fuck is up with this unlocking process? I just want to put lineage on here and not have the nsa/china up in my shit.

>he fell for the shao-meme

TOP KEK
enjoy a total pain in the ass for the sake of saving a few measly bucks

>unlocking
Why tho?

>measly bucks
>saved $200 simply by going xiaomeme
>got the phone for free which means an additional $200 saved
>now have a solid device to test on
*shrugs*

I admit it, I done been memed.

Someone educate me on flashing roms. So if I flash a rom on my phone do I have to delete the one that was already on there, or is it lost forever after flashing?

How did you get it free?

Before you flash a ROM you do a wipe which deletes the previous ROM off the phone. If you want to flash the old ROM back you need to do a nandroid backup beforehand or download the ROM off the internet.

Looking for a new phone for around 200-300 €. Don't care if it's chink but should be 5.2 inch max so it fits into my pocket.

Any recommendations?

I'm buying under a 100 chinkphone right now
Is this the best of the bunch?
gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_423246.html

>TFW live in Canada and got cucked into this company

I'm paying fucking $45/mth for the most garbage service ever. Literally entering roaming in different rooms of my house.

What the fuck?!

Xiaomi Redmi 4A, Mi4c or ZTE Nubia Z7 Max are all available for around $100 and better than the HomTom.

If it must be under $100 then I'd look at the Oukitel U20 Plus or Ulefone U008 Pro

don't you post this in every thread
people have already told you to go public, kodoo, virgin, or fido
literally no excuses unless you signed a contract with those foreign jews

through the magic of disney & my package not being tracked

no, yes
just follow the damn guides nearly every single rom thread has

Xiaomi Mi5 / Mi5S
ZUK Z2 / Z2 Pro

No this is the first time I've posted it. But I have seen the same thing before it's not exactly a rare complaint.

Is Public good? Reviews seem great desu might order the sim today

wtf are you talking about they're all 150+

Where can i get a legit replacement screen for the galaxy S4 in Germany? Would it even make sense to replace it, or should I just get a chinkphone?

If you're buying a chinkphone then you should learn to use kimovil

kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-4a
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-zte-nubia-z7-max
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-oukitel-u20-plus
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-ulefone-u008-pro

fastcardtech.com/XIAOMI-Mi4C-MI-4C.html

If it's just the outer glass that's cracked you can replace just that
s.aliexpress.com/U3UzqeqY

If it's the actual display I'd probably look into getting a new phone as a replacement part is $50-70

Isn't the glass glued to the display? I'm afraid that would leave a giant mess of glue

And yes, it's only the glass

ifixit.com/Guide/Samsung Galaxy S4 Cracked Front Glass Replacement/21843

Sounds like a pain in the ass to do and their end result looks like shit

So which one of these do I get? They all seem similar to me

Ofc replacing the whole display is the easier way but you have to ask yourself whether it's worth paying $50 for the part. Plenty available from eBay or Aliexpress.

>Plenty available from eBay or Aliexpress.
Sure, but I've read some time ago that most of those are pre-used or just shit quality

Do you want performance, battery life or good camera? 5" or 5.5" display? What LTE bands does your carrier use?

Please try to find answers to your questions using a search engine, namely google, before asking. Also we have have a thread named /sqt/, questions like yours goes there. Thank you.

So, a phone with unlimited data for under £30 just doesn't exist any more, does it? Fuck these greedy carriers.

Peggo, peggo.tv namely, you can directly download from site or download their apk from the same site.

I think I want to get the mi 4c
Thing looks like a beast
Also seems objectively the best, no?