How does Sup Forums feel about the Gnome 4 UI/UX leaks?

How does Sup Forums feel about the Gnome 4 UI/UX leaks?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/snwh/paper-icon-theme
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Gnome leaks
>Not just your shitty themed Unity

I don't use OS X ripoff DEs so I have no opinion on it.

>Foss project
>leaks

Looks like osx with material design

I see Red Hat plan for world domination is underway.

I'll say it because the rest of Sup Forums has their head in their ass:

It looks great and I'm excited Linux is starting to look more appealing to regular people

GNOME 3 already does and the bottom dock is unneeded and takes too much vertical space.

why do they keep using that shitty font

/thread

Is that even a leak? May as well be a skin. I'll wait for the GNOME devs to speak up and release screens.

Looks like some OSX shit by default? Well, it's GNOME. Good thing I'm not stuck with them.

>mfw

are there other screenshots?

I know this is fake, but if they actually backtracked from Gnome 3 THIS hard I would probably choke laughing.

that's just gnome 3 with adapta, dash to dock and topicons plus, i use the same setup

why do these people feel the need to update stuff all the time? You aren't a capitalist corporation, you don't need to keep your wage slaves occupied. Exactly what was wrong with Gnome 2, and why has Gnome 3 apparently not fixed it, seeing that you know feel it's necessary for there to be a Gnome 4?
Same with libreoffice, what is wrong with the current UI seeing that they now think it's necessary to upgrade it to the ripoff of a newer MS-Office UI.
I'm just glad tools like vim don't have the same brain-damaged mentality. Imagine Bram completely redoing all vim keybinds every few years despite no one asking for it.

Gnome 2/3/4 should have been seperate projects with different names. Not pissing of the users who've grown accustomed to your software is reason enough.

Still looks like dog urine.

>why do these people feel the need to update stuff all the time?
Because they want the Win/mac audience, and they still have a lot of catch-up to those.

You can't even see the picture properly because of the size. Take your edge and fuck off to /r/Sup Forums

>leaks
No sir, there's a lot of gullible fucks in this board, that's unity with a fucking dock.

Looks like shit.

Reminds me of that screenshot of the "new windows" which is just macOS with uBar

Sad thing is, this probably looks better than what it will turn out to be.

>hey guise do you like my theme? rate me pls ;)

This is how I feel, 7/10 may use some time

Looks like OSX - NICE!

Gnome 3 was horrible - an app drawer like android - really?

PROOF Sup Forums KNOWS NOTHING OF TECH

ITS UNITY WITH ADAPTA

Nothing of value seems to be done. All they did is make icons flat.

There will be an app drawer again.

>3 browsers
Autism reveals itself.

>material design
So this is the power of linux

I use 3 browsers, 3 music players, 3 text editors, 3 torrent clients, and 3 image viewers.
What now faggot?

It looks like shit, as usual. Just use Mate or KDE, Gnome is doa.

Guys its ubuntu, not gnome 4

That's unity

icons used:
github.com/snwh/paper-icon-theme

You do realize that that pic is of gnome 3 with custom theme right?

more like unity with a dock

Because linux sucks and actually needs to be updated. They're still stuck in 1995.

Windows was perfected with 7, but was ruined because "we need to change stuff so we can sell you the same product again" bullshit

Is Adapta becoming the default theme or what are you trying to tell us?

>is this a button?
All of your other points are valid but that makes you look retarded.

>X button on the left
Trash

The dock can hide away

Unity looks so much nicer with a proper dock. The Launcher is fucking hideous. I wish I could hide it entirely but it still shows up when performing certain actions.

It's like every DE has just one aspect of it that was thrown to make it ugly/shitty on purpose.

Looks like the same ol turd with a new theme.

Also the window buttons are on the wrong side. Should always be on the right.

judging by your posted pic, it looks like we are finally, 10 years later, getting back to the same old gnome

after 10 years of stupid crappy mobile/tablet driven design

we end up on the same place

congrats

That's just Unity with a theme, user-kun.

Considering a lot of apps will end up using GTK you're going to end up using it even if you're wm and de is something else.

The beauty of the Linux ecosystem is you don't have to use it if you don't want to.

I know people who still use fucking twm.

They got gnome apps, kde apps, xfce apps. They use what works best.

People on Sup Forums complaing are not very knowledgeable about Linux if they are upset about this.

Efforts to get less technical people using Linux are good for everyone since it results in more private funding into opensource projects.

Why does Gnome feel so cramped? It's like I'm using a 768p screen even on a 1080p

then OP is just baiting
thanks for the info, lad

GNU/Linux*

Linux is just a kernel

Linux is dead to me. They can polish this turd all the want, not going back. The logical step for a Windows user is moving on to MacOS which is actually a proper Unix system with much of Windows applications available.

>Leak
That looks like a fucking theme. Need a damn source.

Adapta gtk Theme
Paper icon theme
Plank or some kind of dock

Its Unity not Gnome. I had this setup like several months ago.

Same old fucking retarded coloring play book "look at all these shiny icons and TONS OF NEGATIVE, WASTED SPACE" crap like any other desktop environment out there, including crap for Windows and Mac.

Tiling window manager is hte only good choice in 2017, FUCK

better than mine

>How does Sup Forums feel about the Gnome 4 UI/UX leaks?
Boi is not GNOME
Its only ubuntu poeple that use telegram

Looks awful, still. How the hell have they been getting it wrong for so long?

underrated

Unity-look theme lol

Are they going to keep launching new versions and breaking everything just like they're doing with 3?

O like the bottom dock. It doesn't occupy anything since it hides itself when a screen comes over it.

I tried it, didn't get into the whole "every app is a separate virtual desktop/own thing" thingy and it felt like it was ruining my workflow. Also the lack of customization made me ditch it. I stayed in Budgie which is pretty nice, but decided to leave the whole GNOME ecosystem (which the Budgie project decided too, hah) and switched over to Plasma. Gotta say, so far, I really like it. Looks nifty, has all the features I need and customization up the ass. Now I've just been finding alternative apps from QT side to replace the ones I used to use from GNOME (or using GTK).

But I have to admit, it GNOME does look pretty slick and they're integrating the apps well into it (though to the annoyance of other DE's, since GNOME apps now look out of place). I guess if you enjoy their new workflow model and don't mind the customization but want something that works and is good looking, GNOME is pretty good for that.

i feel great about it OP! already using it as my daily drive :^)

it looks nice but budgie is better

seriously, i've been using macOS w/ a Windows box sitting in my closet to stream vidya for a while now. Gave Ubuntu Budgie a try and it's very polished. Not quite perfect yet, but very nice and easy to use

>foss
>leak
people actually commenting

This is the peak of desktop enviorment. Anything more is designed for shit tablets / touchscreens. You may not like it, but this is peak performance.

Seriously fuck unity / GNOME aka MacClone. the desktop enviorment was perfected 25 years ago on windows 95. nothing has changed.

Explain how this is not perfect please