So I installed windows ten enterprised as wincucks on Sup Forums suggested me to

So I installed windows ten enterprised as wincucks on Sup Forums suggested me to.
I am still seeing the ads.

>ITT: BAD software

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=windows 10 under the hood changes
pcworld.com/article/2954552/windows/what-windows-7-holdouts-will-miss-11-improvements-in-windows-10.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Windows 7 is better.

>not using classic start menu

It's almost as if you hate yourself

Needs to be Enterprise LTSB, Long Term Service Branch. Thats the one that's been stripped back to not include Cortana, Edge, Store and the like.

lol OP, you never deleted several registry entries and downloaded a proprietary 3rd party software that "magically" disables all botnet features of your "OS". How stupid are you?

Shitty software:
>Windows NT
>Windows "Command Prompt"
>Powershell
>Windows explorer
>NTFS
>CIFS
>Notepad
>MS Paint
>Windows Movie Maker
>Windows media player
>Internet Explorer
>Edge
>Skype
>Microsoft Office
>"Modern" UI "apps"
>Cortana
>Minecraft
>Candy Crush Saga

>I am still seeing the ads.
Nigga just close your eyes. Just turn away from screen.

>ads
They are suggestions
Turn them off under settings, should be under Start

install classic shell or start10 (start10 has a torrent on tpb)

Sounds like a PEBKAC issue

uninstall windows 10

If you actually installed LTSB, all that shit wouldn't be there because it HAS to download FROM the windows store to be on your start menu.

Fuck, you can't even use edge on LTSB, and it's right there.

Sad op!

Red Hat, Inc. is grateful for your contribution and has deposited 3 shekels to your account.

Please call our dedicated call center. Susan at HR would love to offer you a position as Chief Executive Officer at Marketing. Love to meet you soon!

What are the best Windows 7 bloatware and crapware remover programs?

blackbird v6

>he didn’t install Windows Enterprise LTSB or Windows Education

That's a funny way to say Windows 8.1.

You either use Windows 7, or you use Windows 10 for the under the hood improvements. Using 8/8.1 is pretty much useless.

Xbox app is not an ad.

Pretty convenient if you have an xbone, too

You can remove them manually. They're not hidden.

Unless if you want the under the hood improvements with potentially less botnet.

7 is pointless since Microsoft was exposed to have backdoors way before 7 was even released. If you want windows, just run blackbird v6 after installing 10 because you'll never get anything "clean" unless you run Windows 3.1.

Redhat isn't competing with M$ for end users

+++

see there's nothing "truly clean" anyway.

You won't get them, and there is still botnet.

Good point. Although I think that viper guy still has his windows 7 suggested changes up to minimize the botnet and resources use. I think he has one up for 10 as well.

Backdoors ain't the problem. Windows 10 constantly monitors you.

then run blackbird v6.

What under the hood improvements aren't in 8.1 that are in 10 that isn't for a laptop or is a botnet?

Why this this better than Spybot Anti-Beacon?

7 doesn;t phone home. It all started with 8, and gotten wose on 10.

it might not be. just saying. windows 7 ain't gonna save anyone compared to a purged windows 10.

it's practically the same danger.

there's always a danger.

Since when has 8 been a botnet any more than 7? Please explain.

>ten

lmgtfy.com/?q=windows 10 under the hood changes

then run a purger. there is no "better security" in a 7 compared to 10 after a purge.

it's windows, it is never 100% trustworthy anyway.

Cloud integration. 7 can't send any files by default to a cloud server.

The problem is that 10 is pretty much guaranteed to be a danger and I need to rely on a program that doesn't have its settings reverted for whatever reason. 7 or 8.1 isn't a guaranteed danger.

But there is a more usable OS, with a unified control panel and UI.

I've been using windows since 3.1 nonstop and always on the latest version.

that 7 is somehow different is a stupid meme.

there are always windows, always bloated.

always in need of a purge.

And for your information the meme that 7 is somehow amazing is a copy-cat of the XP is amazing meme. Which was totally ironic back then because XP was totally hated at first as bloatware (which it was as every version). They are fucking windows, they are always a fucking bloat, they are always great and usable if you are not stupid and purge them of the stupid shit of a default installation.

please kid, you act like old cruft in windows is something new.

The Control Panel in 10 is MUCH improved AND you have the Win+X supermenu. When it comes to UI, 7 ain't got shit on 10

Windows 10 is bloatware. Here's LTSB 2016 compared to 7 Ultimate.

I don't what we're seeing here? Are you judging OSes based on the total amount of resources? And they are not even that different on the pic.

Are you fucking stupid.

Next thing you'll claim Debian Linux is bloatware because it comes in 4 DVDs in total.

Jesus fucking christ. Fuck. Aren't some of you just fucking stupid.

You can run only what you tell it to run you fucking bongobong..

>Control Panel in 10 is MUCH improved
No, it's stripped and some functionality actually broken. They ever removed the error reporting control.

>Win+X supermenu
You have thet on 7 too, you can customise it with whatever shortcuts you want, because that's all that menu is: a bunch of shortcuts which was made to substitute the lack or a proper start menu in WIn8.

>7 ain't got shit on 10
Yeah, 7 has only one design language. 10 has at least four.

10 is messy (less messy than 8 or 8.1!) but seriously now, who the fuck gives a shit, 99.99% of us run only the same fucking 3-4 applications and never think about the fucking UI that brought them up.

>64000 vs 87000 files
>not even that different

>Debian Linux is bloatware because it comes in 4 DVDs in total
THat's like having three DVDs with programs for Windows, they're optional. The bloat from 1- is mandatory.

Not even gonna dignify OP with a (You).

>99.99% of us run only the same fucking 3-4 applications
Where did you come up with that? You pulled it from your ass at this point.

God damn, I hope you're trolling because there can't possible be so stupid people in here that believe the size of the directory tree fucking tells anything.

Jesus Fucking christ you just turned all great linux distributions into "bloatware" too because they have a lot of files.

fuck your're stupid and shit at this.

every windows version is bloatware you bongobong. We always had to purge them. There was never a "clean" windows.

Btw, the new UAC prompt always spawns behind the window that triggers it which is extremely idiotic. Thank fuck that, for now, you can revert to the old one since EnableLUA=0 completely brakes WIndows 10

Larger size, less features, means it's bloatware.

No, but at least no version of windows fucks up the logon screen, at least that one always worked.

So much for being lightweight..

>someone's actually defending this shite

It's over. It's 8 years fucking old. Every windows introduced new shit. Yes I know it's fucking bloatware every fucking windows is fucking bloaware since 1.0. But you must run it at some point before you are slow as shit with the newest stuff.

Anyway. I don't give a shit. I know how to purge new Windows from bloat.

It's never fully purged of course but the meme that 7 is "clean" is shit.

You sound like the only thing you've managed to purge is your brain.

The irony is it's precisely the inexperience of some of you that create this stupid meme. 7 is "more bloatware" than every single version before Vista. XP was way "more bloatware" than various old versions, including the one right before it, 2000, so it was even way worse than 7 at that.

So, you just lack the perspective of history here.

It wasn't just that every windows was bloatware, is that every version, or every 1-2 versions (e.g. Vista was even more than 7 at bloatware) was more bloatware than most other versions before it.

So, when you see the big picture from the perspective of someone that runs windows on the latest version since 3.1. You'll see the reality. Every windows was shit at the default; installation, some more some less.

The only shiny beacons of total crappiness compared to the neighboring versions were Millenium Edition (total crapware that added nothing anyone needed ever) and to a MUCH lesser extend Vista original version of course.

Now, Vista after SPacks, 7 early on, 8 after SPacks, 8.1 almost immediately and 10 almost immediately are the common windows bloatware that shouldn't surprise anyone.

Just learn how to tweak them, purge them, clean them as possible.

They will never become "truly clean" anyway.

You won't "clean" 8 and 10, lol. You'll always end up with metro crap and all sorts of bullshit. User management is non existent anymore in cpanel so you have to use the modern settings garbage. And you're out of luck if you disable UAC.

>current state of windows 10

>Windows Education
Literally the same thing as enterprise, you idiot

>You have thet on 7 too

I don't think so...

Also,

>Different apps have different UI
I sure hope somebody got fired for that blunder

>less messy than 8 or 8.1
Not really. Those only have 2 consistent design languages.

Nobody likes using bloatware

um so does 10?

No, see this picture

The start menu in 10 is better though

Yeah you can call shit chocolate bu that does not change the fact that it is shit

Again, those are all different apps my man, and MDL is in W8 as well

There was a time that 7 would be considered the ultimate bloatware of the ages. Did you know that at some point there was not even a notion of "my computer" on the desktop.

Please try to imagine my horror when I saw my "C: drive / directory" reality being spammed with the retardation of "This computer has a drive, but also, this computer has a documents!"

What in the fucking fuck are you talking about ms, they are in the fucking drive anyway!

Anyway, point is windows was always bloatware, some versions more, some versions slightly less, it's just so happens that 7 was slightly less than Vista *and vista on the latest Service Packs was almost identical to 7 anyway. But, at some point after 8 years of age, you have to run the latest stuff.

>2017
>Using Windows

I wan't Sup Forums to leave

Red Hat, Inc. is grateful for your contribution and has deposited 3 shekels to your account.

>those are all different apps
They're all first party applications of the same OS.

>pcworld.com/article/2954552/windows/what-windows-7-holdouts-will-miss-11-improvements-in-windows-10.html

First link, talks about all the amazing improvements you can get from upgrading from 7. Not 8.1.

Cloud integration doesn't work with a Local Account. No OneDrive in my Windows 8.1.

Or you could go Windows 8.1, which had less bloat in comparison to 7. Took less CPU, less RAM, and is still compatible with all hardware. It also supports the widest range of software before 10 broke compatibility, because 8.1 and 7 compatibility are practically the same.

The fact that you can't access it doesn't mean it's not working.

>Windows 8.1, which had less bloat in comparison to 7.
Lol, 8.1 is the worst And this is after removing all the METRO applications via powershell in 8.1.

I am willing to purge, willing to change settings. But when I cannot trust my computer to respect my changes and I am being monitored for zero benefit even with every option optimally set, I don't see the benefits of upgrading.

Meh, I have 2 TB drives, another GB of space isn't a big deal. What is a big deal is rendering videos in 4k with Premiere. That extra CPU and RAM helps. I hear 10 has 20% when idle.

Killed all scheduled tasks, no visible service for it, if Onedrive is still in my computer it is hidden really well.

From my knowledge CPU usage is based on the program, the OS should use none (zero) and RAM, my 7 install uses 620-630MB out of 32GB. Same as 8.1 and LTSB 2015. THey're the same, unless when telemetry starts running on W10.

I'll be honest. Every fucking windows version was equally good after Vista and including it, provided we're talking about the later Service Packs of Vista. You just have to know how to clean them up, to purge the bloatware, to the extend that is possible. Even 8.0 was great after the first year when the first service packs run in.

8.1 was a very well service packed 8.0 so it was ok.

7 was practically a well service packed Vista but the memesters don't have a notion of the reality of incremental updates, they just think in meme and mottos only.

10 is nothing more than a better skinned 8.1 at release. It's generally pointless to not run the latest if you know what the fuck you're doing with cleaning it up, to the extend that it's possible.

Have you noticed Vista version initial drivers still work on 10? The kernel is practically almost identical in technology since Vista. This has nothing to with the old generations. Every single version was almost guaranteed to 100% break a driver.

Vista -> to 7 -> to 8.0 -> to 8.1 -> to 10 is practically the same thing with better/newer/different dressings and if part of the bloatware don't suit you or if you find it too much stop being stupid, it was always bloatware, just find the ways to debloat it.

It is never trustworthy. It's fucking windows. What I do is "same shit, but different newer technology". And I mean DirectX 12 or even 11.1+ and the like. The botnet will always be there and we'll always have ways to delete it/disable it/ remove it to the extend possible but you will never be secure 100%, not in 7, not in 10.

Exactly, which does not happen in older versions. I am not sure about CPU usage. I am sure that I gained about 3 GB of RAM back by switching to 8.1 and reinstalling all programs I use at boot.

This. You'd think Linux nerds would know how to do this on a baby OS lmao.

Fucking Sup Forums, uneducated as shit.

No, you aren't secure in a Windows install. However, Microsoft has taken a rather hostile stance. They are backpedaling telemetry, they were forcing updates and only apologized months after it ended, there is suspicious things going on with 10 that weren't happening with older versions. No, I am not saying Windows 7 is a Linux install, but I am saying it is less than the situation in 10.

This. OP confirmed retard

Seriously.Nothing is new.Always people said "not it's fucked, now it's different, now they did it".

No, they always add something new into the botnet, that's all they ever did.

And we always had ways to remove it or try to remove it. Same old.

nice try, Ramesh

So why is it that people will try to run something like Call of Duty 1 and find it impossible to install in Windows 10 but work in 7? There must be something different. At the very least, it is a risk to upgrade simply because you don't know what programs will break. 8.1 wasn't infallible, but was near identical to 7 in regards to compatibility.

Please call our dedicated call center. Susan at HR would love to offer you a position as Chief Executive Officer at Marketing. Love to meet you soon!

Perhaps I am just not trusting when we went from the CEP which I could easily disable to Telemetry where 0 is not off even on Enterprise LTSB.

You can't manually select which updates you want even in the LTSB version

Yes you can, it's called WSUS

or

GNU/LINUX

LTSB also includes Cortana.

Telemetry is nothing more than the new Windows Search or new whatever the fuck they had since 3.1, I won't even bother to come up with services, they are so obvious to list. They are services they partly help some Enterprises and they partly help Microsoft's botnet sales. At the end of the day we can disable them or at least block them.

At the worst we can never be 100% sure anyway, it's windows, it had backdoors since before Vista, let alone 7.