Who /forest/ here ?

A productivity app developed in Taiwan that prevents you from dillydallying on your phone when you need to focus to work/study :

You plant a tree in the app, it will keep growing as long as you ignore your phone. If you give in and use your phone, your tree dies.
The more you plant trees (aka work) the bigger your forest gets. how lush it is gives you an idea of how much work you've done.
You unlock new tree species by working and there's a global ladder where you can see others' forests

I use it like a pomodoro timer, set periods of 25 min and take 3-5 min breaks.

Download here : forestapp.cc/en/
And add me, my Forest name : Nayun; so we can see who's the most studious

Other urls found in this thread:

Sup
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=edu.berkeley.boinc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>lacking the mental capacity to put your toys away and focus

Just kill yourself.

Dude it's an interactive and fun way to work/study

>those permissions
pure botnet

Go drink bleach, shit for brains.

>le funny drink bleach meme, leafy is the best xDD

Promoting your shitty mobile game could better be done at Sup Forums.org/advertise

It's not mine, I'm only looking for other people who use it

No, you're not.

I do user. I forget to sometimes, but it really has helped me.

>Taiwan
Funny way to spell China, user.

>not using the cpu cycles to solve mathematical problems that could help cure cancer hiv or compute weather models

>nah man lets just draw a tree on the screen
battery well wasted

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=edu.berkeley.boinc

Nice, I thought I was the only one
Add me sometimes if you use it again

What permissions does it ask for?

>when the botnet rewards you for noninteraction

>(((Berkeley)))

>Hand in marriage
>Carrier rates may apply

In-app purchases
Device & app history
retrieve running apps
precise location (GPS and network-based)
Phone
read phone status and identity
Photos / Media / Files
read the contents of your USB storage
modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
Storage
read the contents of your USB storage
modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
Wi-Fi connection information
view Wi-Fi connections
Device ID & call information
read phone status and identity
Other
update component usage statistics
receive data from Internet
view network connections
pair with Bluetooth devices
access Bluetooth settings
connect and disconnect from Wi-Fi
full network access
run at startup
draw over other apps
control vibration
prevent device from sleeping

Fiddling with phone has never been a problem for me. I just compulsively check different news feeds and message boards with my browser on a desktop.

>Fiddling with phone has never been a problem for me
For me neither actually. But I just like how it symbolizes the amount of work I've done. I don't really need the "don't go on facebook while you work" feature

>no permissions granted
>Works like a charm

Fucking hilarious how miserable the majority of people are completely on their own fault.

>hurr its too much technology! too many distractions!
>I NEED a dumbphone so I can't be distracted!

you can use a desktop or laptop computer to dick around too. The numbers are amazing, imagine going back in time 20 years and saying that in the future nearly 10-20% of the entire populace wouldn't be onboard with technology at large and there would be these gay little movements to try to not use technology because they have no self control and have to blame it on everyone else.

Smartphones are great for business, again just because you choose to dick around with them doesn't mean they're a bad technology, that's on you. Again if you feel you have to throw smartphones out, you also have to throw out laptops and desktops. It's AMAZING how hard it is for people to understand this concept. Owned a smartphone for 7 years and I tear it up on e-mail, business apps, calendars, oh and get this, I actually use youtube and my browsers for looking up information. I know, it's mind blowing, opening youtube and not typing in a cat video, society just destroyed itself after the internet right guys, it's totally not my fault

In elementary school we'd play games with each other in the textbooks by writing "go to page 5" and having a chain of those, so therefore textbooks were only used for that and not learning at all and must be thrown out... yeah fuck off already

t h i s
h
i
s

I will never understand how people always get so mad at the idea of reducing distractions

It's literally clockwork that somebody makes a gigantic holier than thou "I have no problem so you shouldn't either" post about it every time its brought up

This.

And yet you took all that time to write that post...

the thread should have ended here

Maybe it's because I've been into technology my entire life and it doesn't interest me all that much, but I have absolutely no idea why people get hooked to using their phones and honestly anyone who pulls one out when someone's talking to them is a fucking shitbag

>productivity
>app
Select one.

I only really use my phone when I am away from home, while at my house I rarely fucking use it.