youtube.com/watch?v=lm0sqqVcotAhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm0sqqVcotA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

been this way since 2003, op

Fuck. I hate it.

wtf i hate KDE now

>I don't even use systemd

>screenshots with flash on

That's because of this?

Well, loginctl is part of the systemd, but on ghanoum's hell and xfce i don't have any issue with that, except the cursor disappearance on xubuntu (fixed).

No. Whenever the lock screen breaks it will show you that message, regardless you use systemd or not.
Needless to say that command won't do shit if you are not on the systemdick, but apparently plasma developers can only acknowledge the existance of The One Init to Rule Them All.

How I can fix it?

>3.13MB
motherfucker have you ever heard of compression?

>2017
>STILL no widget to configure tablets
>plasma 4 had this widget but plasma 5 "forgot" it in the road to becoming better.

can i get just the window manager and themeing from kde without everything else?

> How I can fix it?

GNOME Classic doesn't have this problem

What should I do now?

this is what you get for trying to install kde neon/plasma on vanilla ubuntu

how about you read the warnings?

How I can read them?

Sup Forums is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.

HAHAHA

Same here.

>warnings
journalctl?

GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion 'sys_page_size == 0' failed

OH GOD FINALLY I FIXED THIS.

GOD IT'S BROKEN AGAIN FUCKKKk

joke's on you, I'm using i3

>Total: 428 units
motherofgod.jpg

Just switched to KDE (on Antergos) after not messing around a bit with the live USB of neon to see of I like it.

I don't think I've tried it since way back in KDE 4, so it's been a while.

So far, I like it. Their multi monitor support is good, the UI is so damn customizable I can use it just the way I like it and the theming though not the best is decent enough to get the job done.

Overall I like it, and as long as I don't face problems like OP had, I'm sticking with it.

i used kde neon werks fine for like 6 months now i migrated to arch kde

>screenshot using a phone
>with fucking flash on
Go back to Windows, that's where you belong.

>can't read

Windows 7 doesn't have this problem.

>Current state of KDE Plasma
On my last fucking nerver, thats its current state.

clipboard - broken
de - broken
font adjustment - broken

ever few days I have to clear out the convig file in terminal because the de cant even fucking load.

kwin_x11 crashes sometiems several times a day leaving me without a taskbar and window frames. I cant switch windows, resize, or move. I have to either reboot or press alt+f2 and execute kwin_x11 manually.

the clipboard is hit and miss. ctrl+v, shift+ins, middle mouse wheel in, and right click > paste seem to all do different shit.
ill copy shit and have no clue how I need to paste it, it seems ot change every time. Ill try one and have to backspace everything and try another method over and over until it will finally give me my text or I just quit.
Actually I know it changes, because when I was compressing files I was using the same copy/paste method and it would just stop working and Id have to try different compinations for it to work again.
There is some setting that makes it not as bad, but its still fucked.

Also I noticed that nemo crashes alot when using plasma.

I had to uninstall audacious because when I would click to open a file it would always try to open everything in audacious. jpgs, html, movies, even fucking directories.

The desktop folder view is broken as all fuck too. files will work right. I fear using the move file to functin, but directories dont always open.

When things went wrong with KDE?

In the early GNOME 2 days I remember the KDE 3 desktop being rock solid and stable. I never used it because I never like how busy and windows like it looked. But it worked and no one complained of instability and people where praising kparts, kio, konqueror, etc. Or was it all a lie?

WTF I hate yesterday's threads now.

Gnome devs would have eliminated the screen locker, never to return.

Stop using kubuntu.

>Cobbled, ugly, bloated and cluttered mess of a UI

>Shitty file picker that doesn't do thumbnails, and having to edit the equivalent of the Windows registry to make basic customisations

Pick one. Welcome to open source.

>running plasma
>smooth as silk
>people break DEs all the time trying to rice them... and accept they took ownership when they do
>stock it works fine
>clearly a people problem, not a plasma problem

you done yet?

Lock screens are needed for their tablet UI. It's there to stay.

>tfw use gdm, GNOME and i3
>never have any problems

Its actually on arch, interesting guess though. I dont ever hear anything about kubuntu. Is this what that whole distro is like?

Dont know, I was chained to windows due to my fucking bios being incompatible with linux.
Had to load special kernal paramaters to get it to load on my desktop, but doing so made everything look and run like shit so I had to go back to windows.
Later on I found disabling acpi would allow linux to boot and be usable, but this was just within the last few years.

I have no idea how you managed to fuck it up so badly, I'm running Plasma on Arch too and everything works perfectly.

I didtn do shit to it, Ive also used plasma through several reinstalls and it still fucks up like this.

im a very happy kde neon user. plasma since 5.7 is a blast.

So did someone create some ransomware?

Otherwise, that is the most autistically wrong way to handle problems with the system. You don't have a system error demand your user to open up terminal to type up some command to get it working again. The OS should just fix it without user intervention.

Your OS sucks.

Dude, 5.9 is going to be fucking awesome
youtube.com/watch?v=lm0sqqVcotAhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm0sqqVcotA
It just keeps getting better.

im on 5.9 since a few days. didnt notice much diff since 5.8, but i love it. its actually better than gnome 2

> is going to be
Wat, 5.9.1 is already released.