Shitty IT stories/blog?

Shitty IT stories/blog?
>Girl paranoid about her computer comes to computer store I work at
>Says her roommate 'hacked' her computer and needs computer reformatted with a local account
>Talks about logmein being on her computer and that her roommate can access her computer whenever
>Figure this could be true as that's what logmein does
>Perform full system reformat on her computer
>Hand back computer. customer happy
>She texts my boss the next day saying that I did nothing to her computer and logmein is still on computer
>Tell customer to come in and we'll fix it for free.
>She was mistaking the User Account Control icon for being logmein.
>Apologizes and leaves.

WTF AUTISTIC SCREECH REEEEEEEEE

>current state of windows normies

This is normies in general. Try helping macfags, they are worse

what is the problem? people who are not intrested in computers make mistakes too. she saw she was wrong and apologised, what is your problem with that?

Dude how do you completely misunderstand what programs are installed on your computer? I get if you don't understand shit but like, she was going into things like administrative events and acting like she know what they are about.

i usually become seriously arrogant to any customer that dare use the word hack.

that'll show em

I try to fight any semblance of arrogance. Usually that comes out if I am very tired and just done with customers at the time... If I just have some coffee I'm totally ready to perk up and be nice to anyone, no matter how bad.

>interacting with the female specimen

that was your first mistake. i don't want their money or time, just get the hell away from me.

Being arrogant is the worst thing to do with customers.

What are you? Fucking gay?

>apologizes and leaves
What the fuck is your problem?

I just can't believe how crazy dumb a computer user can get. I am not saying like... you gotta' be a badass at computers but just really super basic knowledge you learn from the getgo. Computers and Windows machines have been relevant and very common since 2000. There is no reason to not understand processes that have been there for years. Letting your paranoia get the best of you has to be either the customer was drugging out or she's a complete moron.

macfags are stupider on average, but their toddlerOS means confusions like this aren't as common, leading to the "it jus werkz" meme

More like shitty PC tech stories.

Gratz OP. I hope you weren't as much of a cunt to her face as you are being here. Condescending fucks like you are the reason normies think we're all socially inept faggots who are not worth listening to.

Legit I try to be as nice as possible when it comes to helping clients. Smile on my face, good tone, smell nice, the works. Just makes me rage a little on the inside when I see computer users so stupid .

I see your angle, but the people like her that don't know shit about computers are the only reason you have a job.
>super basic knowledge you learn from the getgo.
No this is not a matter of super basic knowledge learned from the "getgo" if she was having troubles opening the start menu or closing windows then yeah we have a problem but if she's being harassed by her roommate through a medium she doesn't fully understand I think a little paranoia is warranted.

I might use the word simply because I'm not feeling vocabulary enlightened that day fuck you

>vocabulary enlightened

Most people just stick a curse into the holes of their vocab.

>be employed in an industry that exists solely because people don't know how to use their computers
>get buttmad when people don't know how to use their computers

t. every IT professional in the history of time

I get it if you don't understand. She just called literally 10 minutes ago about how now her lock screen keeps changing pictures and she thinks her computer may be messed up.

It's cycling through different pictures for Windows 10. You can set the picture in the settings.

>walk into computer store to buy ram
>black family comes in with their laptop
>walk up to the chink at the front
>"We need da monthly tune up, firefox is getting slow again"
>chink smiles and accepts the laptop
>look at the chink
>looks at me back
that was 2008, hes probably out of business as those types of users are all on tablets and phones now

I got news for you. They are still on laptops.

Just fucking happened
>company hires a "Linux Technician" for some project
>Because he is new employee, i have to give him a laptop with Windows (most of them have either 7 or 10)
>say to him "you can install whatever distro you like alongside windows"
>minutes pass
>comes to my desk and says "i just deleted the windows partition while trying to install Ubuntu"

Kill me.

Bumping with shitty story

>be 15~
>visiting aunt
>come mentally prepared for a shit fest, it usually is
>5 mins in she is already on her macbook complaining about it being slow
>asks me to help
>what
>the
>fuck
>its a disaster
>toolbars
>bootleg pc optimizers
>theres a text file on the desktop named "README!!!!! VIRUS ALERT"
>inside is a fake report in broken english saying she has 800+ viruses and needs to call immediately for help
>its from one of the pc optimizers
>runs like garbage
>takes 15 seconds to load a webpage
>probably in a litteral botnet
>every page forces HTTP, wont load in HTTPS
>she does all her purchasing on this machine
>she says her credit card info got stolen recently and she had to get it fixed
>ask when that was
>"Oh, it keeps happening all time"
>she is living off benefits
>she has lost hundreds
>she doesnt know why
>Maybe this has something to do with it!?
>tell her to install an AV
>"Oh but user, macs dont get viruses!"

Next time i'll come armed. Jesus christ it gives me flashbacks.

fucking hate macfags.
My grandparents have a friend whos son is a wannabe graphic artist or some shit so be bought an over priced mac and tells all the old people that macs are the best and "he needs it for work".
Every time I go to their house I have to under the damage from misinformation that this faggot puts on them.

macs are fine man. I personally think that there is a market for both. You have those that prefer the aesthetics of a mac + more stable OS. (Legit not being a mac fag. my main rig is a windows but you cannot possibly tell me that a Windows OS can outdo the stability of any unix-based OS)

Windows has advantages too. Like being compatible with fucking everything. Macs are more limited and do not allow modification of certain system files like Windows has.

They don't use logic or rational thinking. I don't have the patience to deal with their dumb queries.

>macshitOS
>stability
Good joke.

Not even pertaining to macs. Macs which are running off of the architecture that has been in the same architecture since 1971. Unix is a very powerful architecture that exceeds Windows in every aspect. Just because of this the stability becomes clear to the operating system.

How much are you getting paid Pajeet?

You must be a real hit at parties

Hey man, say what you want about the price, the machines themselves are well put together and the OS is rock solid, though I do prefer Windows myself

I mean I have a Windows computer primarily. Only till after working a long time on computers did I start to realize: "Hey. Not everyone wants a big rig computer with the best possible specs for price." It's in fact almost never about that for most.

For women it tends to be how they feel about the computer. Never specs. its more like... how heavy is it, does it have usb, will it work on my printer, this one's got a pretty color. It's cute.

For men there tends to be more specs but even they don't really know for the most part. They know the RAM... and maybe the hard drive space. No clue about SSD, HDD, Gigabit NIC, video card, even resolution sizes they're fucking clueless. But you let the guy know how fast it's going to be with that SSD they're on board.

Some people like the macs. Some like the windows. No issue with either or.

>well put together
nice meme