Endorses free software

>endorses free software
>'bsd is a cuck license'

Shoo shoo pajeet, go find a loo.

BSD/MIT are acceptable licenses for smaller or less important projects.

Unfortunately with larger projects, the only good way to keep proprietary companies from "poisoning the well" is to use a copyleft license such as GPL.

GPL is literal cancer

that worked really well for linux and redhat

You can't stop someone from taking GPL code and selling it proprietary or making profit off your work.

Oh but you can.

richardu_stalmanu_autistic_screeching.fedora.tar.bz2

>claims he's not a cuck
>cares about licenses at all

GPL is not intended to stop anyone from making profit. Free as in freedom not as in price. Also, how do you think it is possible for someone to sell GPL code as proprietary?

When I say profit, I mean forking a project someone worked on and making money off their work.

Didn't know you made the rules of the Internet, faggot.

What does Sup Forums think of licenses that work as a middleman like mpl?

It is though.
Sometimes it's a desirable trait.
Still a cuckold license.

Why would someone buy a fork of open-source project?

meme public license

Why did cuck ever get unfiltered? Hiroshimoot needs to get on that shit.

>take gpl project
>turn into proprietary project
>obfuscate sources as with all proprietary software
>???
profit

Put a nice graphical shell on an open source CLI application, call it all your own, advertise, sell, profit. Open source projects do very little marketing, so it's not hard to convince people your product is the only one.

Theoretically, if someone quietly copied open source code and turned it into closed source without telling anyone. What then?

Both GPL and BSD Licenses are useless because you can't prove they stole the code because closed source cannot be legally audited without proof.

At least with the BSD license there isn't really a reason to steal code, you're free to use it, modify it, and release it as closed source, just give some credit. If you can't follow this license then you're a fucking monster.

But isn't that a major flaw in open source? Some asshole takes all your hard work, slaps his name on it, compiles it and sells it as his own.

What remedy do you have? Without knowing or auditing, you can never tell if someone violated the license. You would need a court order and some really good evidence.

Why would I ever allow my code to be open source? It is literally cucking yourself in the long run.

Programmers don't even bother doing that. They think it's equivalent to public domain or don't know what a license is.

I have a fucking virus on my computer and I'm just sitting here on Sup Forums cause i'm a fucking degenerate

>closed source cannot be legally audited
>what is reverse engineering
It's legal for some extent.

SystemAIDS is a 100% top-down corporate well poisoning attempt. Your license didn't do shit to prevent that.

probably the same fucking idiot that goes into the BSD threads to complain that we don't have systemd

You can fork it you retard

>forking something that's as obfuscated as redhat stuff