Are plain text resumes acceptable?

Are plain text resumes acceptable?

Other urls found in this thread:

gnxp.com/blog/2007/04/intercourse-and-intelligence.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If I got a resume in txt I'd throw it out. Might read it to see if it has any clues to why they thought a txt file was okay.

Dude just send a pdf for fuck's sake

pdf is the only acceptable format, fuck .doc, fuck .txt, fuck .html, fuck .exe

No. HR drones will simply skip over anything not in MS Word format.

>not sending the raw .tex file with instructions on how to make the PDF

If they can't do that they're not worth your time.

If it's not done in TeX you probably don't have the skills for any Sup Forums relevant job anyway.

>not sending the raw assembly code with instructions on how to compile your pdf reader which has your resume built in by default

No dependencies

Everyone is expected to have and claims to have a lot of "key skills", yet 90% of people at the workplace are idiots. Explain that.

not to mention youll never get an interview if youre not cramming your application with keywords from the posting in 1 pt invisible font

bots do the first round of "reading" resumes

anyone can learn to do anything. life is about personality

>90% of the general public are idiots

You probably are smarter than the rest of us, but apparently not smart enough to get a job.

HR for a fortune 50 company here. I receive a lot of these daily by cucks who think they're being cute and nerdy. Not only does it get immediately discarded, but for wasting my time your name goes on a do-not-hire blacklist for 2 years which may or may not be shared with other companies in the top 500. You're not cute, you're not funny, you're not professional. This shit might work for your local tier 1 help desk gig, but won't get you anywhere where the real money is being made.

There are two dependencies. 1. An assembler and 2. The same architecture language as you

Similarly stupid people get laid more easily.
Your best chance of losing your virginity early is having an IQ between 70 and 90.
That's also why people voluntarily imbibe ethyl alcohol, to dumb themselves down.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens was a mistake.

Dips bedora

Generally speaking that's bullshit unless you're filling positions any Harry, Dick, and Tom can fill and any required skill can be learned within a few hours at most in practice.

Nah, people working in HR are usually dumb women who spend most of their time figuring out how to justify their existence in this company.

Unless you apply for a startup owned by a neckbeard with a GNU t-shirt and Emacs coffee mug that won't pass.
Even then he'd berate you for not following 80 columns per line.

'dump' people are more approachable than brainiacs with very little to no soft skills, film at 11.

This.

Anything other than .pdf is retard tier for a resume.

I don't get this pdf elitism. It's fucking stupid.

>more virgin women than men
>over 50% of any sample are virgins
>doesn't take into account the age of the subjects
>being stupid enough to not realize everything that's wrong with that picture

I guess you get laid a lot.

SAVAGE
A
V
A
G
E

It's not elitism. It's the most widely used cross-platform document format that doesn't get jacked up when you use another reader to read it. It's the de facto standard.

The age is 16.

Journal of Developmental and Physical Disabilities

June 2005, Volume 17, Issue 2, pp 155-172

Itd almost be a plus in my book, but then again ive never hired anyone.

fuck yourself

>tfw too intelegent to have sex

It's called Portable Document Format for a reason

No. Some pieces of text are more important then others, some pieces of text have relations toward eachother. Plaintext cannot show this properly without adding a truckload of ascii art. If you're applying to some minimalistic artist guild you may get away with it.

Don't forget to add a cross-platform makefile to show your skills

You're joking but it really is true.
Humans with an IQ of 70-90 are having the most sex.
"ayy bby u wan sum fuk" is not a meme

Just learn LaTeX, fucking savage

Make it in LaTEX and then put it in a pdf

Wrong. I'm Bill Gates and if you send me a .txt resume I will personally hire you.
>How does lying on Sup Forums work

Many companies are retarded and reject anything that isn't a word document since their resume management software can't read it. Among those that do allow pdf, it's the best format ever. Otherwise, you should use as .docx, written in the latest version of Microsoft Word.

>Word
Use tex for fuck's sake

enjoy no job

theres no reason someone would disregard a resume typeset with LaTeX, for the same layout could be achieved with Word, a contradiction.

>not sending your resume as resume.exe
what a pleb

PDF

myresume.pkg.tar.xz

Autist fag sends .txt resume and notes in the footnote that since you didn't request printable version, he sent you it in format for the ease of machine processing, as well easy conversion into printable format (albeit less) pretty, should it be necessary.

Do you follow up with interview questions about datamining pdfs, or do you kick the fucker out for checkmating you in autist way?

Google demands CV's in either plain text or HTML. Your argument is invalid.

No and way too much information. Condense it

>resume management software
what?

> working for the work meme
might as well not do it and just spend less on garbage that I never needed to begin with.

PDF retard

What is a "PDF retard"?
Or did you mean "PDF, retard"?

Don't share your fantasy on 4ch. It's super sad.

>his company doesn't license a $200,000/yr resume management software

>mfw companies still tell me to bring a paper copy of my CV to interviews
WHAT FUCKING YEAR IS THIS I CAN SEND IT TO YOUR GODDAMN PHONE ANY TIME

Their time is too valuable to print out copies you uncivilized ape

I don't want them to fucking throw ink at a piece of tree pulp you dumb caveman, just look at it on the goddamn screen that's on your pocket

personally I give plaintext resumes merit

I imagine they are either written by a shitty pajeet in wordpad or a idiot savant on Emacs

Men lie more about it. Most virgin men WILL lie that they are not virgin, some women lie they are when they actually are not.

yes only if they dont go over 80 columns

Not really, being autistic about it is stopping you, having a above average IQ and knowing how to ease up is nothing special.

Yes, it's actually the best format

that way they can be read without any special software

I've had sex but it's vastly overrated.
Primal activity that you learn nothing from, that even some fish can do.

>.doc.exe
definitely fuck that

It has nothing to do with IQ.
It's just that most people between 70-90 IQ are blacks, arabs, and turks.
And they are very horny.

I wanna get to a level where I can send out .txt resumes and still get hired.

>when the job website parses your perfect latex pdf and turns it into text anyway
REEEEEE

I'd accept them desu

>.exe resume

lel nobody is poppin' the

>sex is overrated

That's like a rich man saying money is overrated to a homeless person

Or a glutton telling a starving third worlder that food is overrated

Years ago I applied for a job & attached my .doc to the email.

The HR manager responded asking me to attach my resume. It was attached.

I then responded with another .doc with a goatse inside.

I never got the job.

>he doesn't make a demo resume
>his resume doesn't have a greetings section
>his resume doesn't fit in 64k

Abstraction and needless work to "prove" yourself by going to the length to get it printed, or technologically illiterate retards going "what is an email".

>he doesn't store his resume inside a program and display the information when opening the .exe

gnxp.com/blog/2007/04/intercourse-and-intelligence.php

>, that even some fish can do.
t. rms

I've seen invitations to apply for jobs in CURL responses, so maybe ... for a very small subset of employers.

So people always joke about including invisible keywords in their resumes so resume management programs pick it up. Has anyone actually done this? I would imagine if it sees the text it has to be outputting it somewhere where the hiring manager will see it

>HTML CV

Send one only if you're asked for it. A tech company worthing its salt should ask a plain text resume as it is easier to data mine and they won't have to put up with numerous different fonts and styles.

>resume.exe

>resume.exe