Can network locations be logged?

I'm wondering if my workplace can log that i copy files from their "network locations" folder. I just want to have the information on there for future purposes.
Or can i just copy without worrying?

Btw, the pic in the main thread was found on google, not screenshot from my workplace, just for an illustration.

Also i found this as "Hidden element" in the folder, does that mean it get logged?

only if they have verbose logging enabled, or some third party logging application running, neither of which are common.
the only time I've seen such a setup was after a long running suspicion on an employee was confirmed, then they set up logging and saved it as proof.

in your case, you should be fine.

Probably somewhere in registry. I'm too lazy to look it up myself.

It's also only about 30gb visible for me, the total amount is 1TB+ lmao. I'm just a office pleb. :( But still its 30GB in mostly documents, what should i say if they actually catch me? They never told me it was not allowed DESU.

>that story
kek, fucking mexican'ts

what kind of files are we discussing? just basic contracts shit, HR docs, or company secrets?

don't download it all at once, just grab a few folders and see if they ping you about it. worst case scenario, say you didn't know and then don't do it again.

Just don't get caught. If it's no really big company and they don't have much security mechanisms you should be fine.

It's not really anything of what you said. Mostly what everyone worked with, so i might found some cool things there, but nothing something thats super personal.

Why not just do it all at once? 30GB? The folders are named after the people i work with, would it be suspicious if i copy the folder to my boss randomly and i get caught?

I can confirm it's a school with about 1000 students, 120ish teachers, 20 office personell.

hypothetically, if it were me, I'd do a robocopy "root-folder-path" "null" /E /R:0 /W:0 /L > c:\temp\query.csv to make a list of all the files then comb through it before downloading anything

Wait, where i insert this?

open the network share, then hold Shift and right-click somewhere that's not a folder. choose "open command prompt here"

In a terminal...

Cool, how can i trust this command wont fuck me up?

Open a command prompt and type
robocopy /?

I'm stupid, do i pos tthe exact line you posted with white background? Also, can this be tested on my PC at home?
Im ausistic when it comes to this stuff. Also, what does "null" do?

robocopy /?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ROBOCOPY :: Robust File Copy for Windows
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Started : Wednesday, February 08, 2017 3:46:24 PM
Usage :: ROBOCOPY source destination [file [file]...] [options]

source :: Source Directory (drive:\path or \\server\share\path).
destination :: Destination Dir (drive:\path or \\server\share\path).
file :: File(s) to copy (names/wildcards: default is "*.*").

null just prevents it from actually trying to copy files to your local disk as part of the command, similar to /dev/null in linux.
yes, it can be tested on your pc at home, just make a small folder with some files, like "c:\users\dumbass\pictures-test" then try the command
robocopy "c:\users\dumbass\pictures-test" "null" /e /r:0 /w:0 /L > c:\temp\output.csv
you can use output.txt or output.log, but personally I prefer working in excel
also, /NS will prevent it from showing file size in the logs. if a file is over 1kb the commas will fuck up your csv formatting
/NP hides progress percentages from adding extra columns
if you really want the sizes to be listed, use /BYTES so it doesn't have commas.

all of this info is in the /? page, and there's a ton of info online.

The system cannot find the path specified.

which one? I'm going to assume temp, in which case either mkdir c:\temp or through the UI make a New Folder then rename it temp at the root of your C:\ drive

or, you could put the output ( > c:\temp\output.csv ) to wherever you want, so long as it's a folder that exists.

Might not be verbose logging but ordinary proles transferring over a certain amount/ rate might trigger something. Does at my place.