I tried out Manjaro, and now I am here to shill for it. Why don't more people use it...

I tried out Manjaro, and now I am here to shill for it. Why don't more people use it? It is Arch for people who have shit to do.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YgHNtzxO0y8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Antergos is better

two completely different things hombre.

> posts opinion
> no particular reason
> also wrong

Yup, its Sup Forums alright

Too much bloat.

For some reason I can't seem to get Chromium to work properly on it. It lags like crazy, no idea why.

This is the price of the "just werks" meme.

Try to disable gpu rendering.

/thread

This is 2016, you have more than 10GB of hard drive space. Use that space instead of all of your time chasing down dumb issues.

I was thinking about installing it again. Does XFCE have screen tearing in Manjaro or have they replaced the compositor thing with one that works by default?

>This is 2016

Manjewro is actually quite nice lately. I'm using it to clone clone muh win7 partition and as a backup OS. It just foken werks. Also rolling.

Autists btfo

>Chromium
botnet

>"autists btfo"
Normie get of my board, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Why wouldn't I just use xubuntu/debian with XFCE?

I'm already C O M F Y with apt-get so why change?

>normie

Well fuck. I should go back to Sup Forums. See you later

No need to change, I just like this one. Also the AUR is (IMO) better than random assorted PPA's

I use the i3 flavor so idk.

You can just remove it.

I've been using it on my desktop for a while and I really liked it. The only thing that was bothering me was that it took 20 seconds to login for some stupid reason. I tried to reinstall it (and accidentally nuked my tb drive and have been running photorec for a week) with cinnamon, and it fixed a lot of my issues.

It's a great distro if you like arch but want a greater assurance of stable software (Like debian testing or maybe ubuntu.)

I use it on my desktop because there's more that can break on a desktop that I really don't want to commit to fixing iof something goes bump in the night (not that anything has ever gone wrong on it)

I do agree that there is some bloat, but you can just start from a minimal install if that's your complaint.

oh yeah I also like it because it comes with the wifi drivers I need unlike arch, so that's a HUGE plus for me, and why I really don't like to bother with debian or vanilla arch. I don't have access to a wired connection anymore and I can never get tethering to work proper

user is right on the money. I always take a philosophy of "but it could just werk better," but I fucking love the AUR vs using a bunch of ppas or having to go do it myself. Yeah I can, but I don't need the autism points

also inc "muh just a git wrapper" faggots.

>my board

>Just remove the bloat
why not just not have the bloat already?

That's why I said just use a minimal install or something.

Personally I find I have less to remove than what I have to add, but to each their own

Manjaro is bloated as fuck, and support fewer DEs, compared to Antergos. You should switch.

>support fewer DE
>don't know how to replace any de/wm to whatever

compton is woking fine.
click away

also click away

used it, liked it, crashed it

on debian now, let's see

These derivates are for retarded who can't install Arch. They won't be able to replace the DE.

Last I installed Antergos, it was much more bloated. Came with an assload of shit that I didn't even know where to begin removing. A lot of it was just drivers and various shit for devices I didn't need.

I don't get why you would install arch this way. Personally, it took me as long to get the GUI up and running to install it as it would to just install arch the fucking correct way with some bash script to install packages. I mean to each their own I guess, but at least when you install arch via CLI it ALWAYS will work

Arch Anywhere is best, because it doesn't leave you with the stigma of I can't install Arch

>all this autistic screeching
when was the last time you fucked a pussy?

Install Arch

>Projecting

Do you realize how gross that sounds?

Well, now it's less bloated than Manjaro, but still full of shit.

Anyway, I was talking about people who don't aren't able to use the autistic installer and don't want to install the common packages. I use Arch.

Xubuntu is buggy af. Only distro where I had kernel panics after an hour.

No, not really. Compton is no harder to install than any other program you quickly add after a fresh install on any other distro.

Net install is an option also

Wont work with skylake and an rx480

Manjaro is based on arch, however it has its own compiled kernel.

Antergos is arch 100%. With a GUI installer.

Antergos is where it's at.

It's still a bit newish so for people that already have their favorites they may simply just not have tried it yet (me included). From what I can see and read though it definitely looks like something that I would at least try out

I guess another reason is that it fits between hardcore linux geeks and the 'just werks" crowd. I think people in the middle tend to either stick to the just werks distros, or fully make the leap into the arches and gentoos of the world.

Worked with my skylake + 970m

970m you massive faggot

i use it on my laptop. Its quite nice but i have some bugs. For example when i try to shut down i have a 25% chance of it actually working, 25% of doing nothing (and i can't open any program anymore) and a 50% chance of shutting down the user space then hanging after that.

>download live iso
>usb it

can't even run it as live

what the actual fuck?

>muh certificate

i bet you have one too

Debian net install or gtfo

>hombre.
YOU HAVE TO GO BACK!

top kek

>Incoherent Screeching
>One true distro

It most certainly is Sup Forums

I started with Manjaro + Xfce in Jan of last year. No problems in my personal case. I've since moved over to i3 like . Comfy af

LOL u mad?

This is true though. People who use Manjaro are legitimately the kind of users who would rather change the distro than change DE. Doing anything than clicking next is pretty much beyond them, that's why they use Manjaro in first place.

They should use Antergos

>still projecting this hard

dude stop you're embarrassing yourself

you're so 1337, because you've pasted install instructions from the wiki

I'm not that guy. Sorry I hurt your feelings I will be more careful next time.

I am the inventor of Arch
AMA

>Cannot understand why competent users don't want to spend years setting up their system

Take your autism somewhere else.

Why wouldn't I try different distributions?

Manjaro users are not competent 99% of the time. Switching from Mint to Manjaro doesn't turn you into linux wizard. Deal with it newfriend.
By the way I don't even use Arch anymore, waste of my time. But I did, probably longer than you use linux in general.

I don't know? I never said you shouldn't. I just dislike when newfriends try to justify their newfaggotry instead of just being honest with themselves. For sure there are some competent manjaro users, and there is plenty of competent Ubuntu users. But majority of them are tech illiterates who are too afraid of alternatives, this is fact. Average manjaro user uses manjaro because the idea of going through wiki scares him, not because his """schedule""" is so packed he cannot afford to spend 1 hour of his time. I can actually bet 90% of people in this thread are borderline underage college students whose time has no value in first place.

youtu.be/YgHNtzxO0y8

I've used arch on my laptop. It sucked. I spent way too much of my time fixing that shit. You can't just be angry because people who don't have all fucking day to spend on configuration can use computers.

You deal with it.

I go through the wiki all the time. I've had Linux around since 90's in some form.
>keeps forcing manjaro babby meme
Why? Do you get paid in some way? Who the fuck cares?

It has a minimal installer that ends up with 500~ packages and no DE, retard.
I don't use it because I don't like its update philosophy where they do it once every two weeks. It annoys me to have to download 500 MB on a single update.

I've had that issue when the write went bad or the download was corrupted. Download the iso again, and try a new write.

Manjaro openrc is really nice if you are incompetent to install Arch openrc.

If you're going to use Arch, you might as well use Arch Anywhere or Architect to install it (if you don't like the regular installer, that is). Derivatives like Antergos and Manjaro are just a joke.

That aside, what you should really use is NixOS. Declarative package management is pretty sweet.

>Derivatives like Antergos and Manjaro are just a joke.
Pretty sure Manjaro is more popular than Arch itself and Antergos combined.