Sorry if im in the wrong board, my kid dumpped a bunch of pennies in to my sub, while it was one... and flipped it...

sorry if im in the wrong board, my kid dumpped a bunch of pennies in to my sub, while it was one... and flipped it. the unit powers on per the green power light... i opened it and took all the pennies out. checked the board and didnt see any signs of "burned" also turned it on and got a small shock so i know it gets power. anyone know ho i got about into fixing it? no sound coming out. tried different cables and the speaker works because i wired it to a cable and connected it to my pc via a 3.5 jack. and yes i tried google and found nothing

did you try taking a multimeter to it see if any power is running through it?

Topkek

thats my next step, i dont own one... and to be honest never used one so ill ask some of my friend if they have one.

did you check the driver to see if the magnet isn't still covered in fucking pennies?
There's probably pennies stuck to it and when you turned it on it shorted something

because it sounds like it might be getting power but not enough

Does he also dent your dustcaps?

let me take it apart and double check, maybe theres one on the inside part.

sorry op i just can't make cents of your problem

Give the sub your thoughts!

Here's the sub

one of the components probably got shorted out when a penny fell on it. without a multimeter and some electronics knowledge, there's no fucking way you can fix this on your own. You might as well get a new sub.

I noticed this, when I rub my finger I can get that black stuff off... So I'm wondering if a penny made contact and burnt it

Is that amp on the inside of your box?

yes, thats the bottom side of this, and yes, its inside the box and the wires go to the speaker. the speaker works fine i connected it to my pc using a 3.5 jack and got sound out of it.

Well at least now you can get an amp and keep it outside of the vibrating magnetic hurricane going on inside your box
That's what you get for buying prebuilt subs

what
active subs are the most common thing in the world and a completely fine concept

>my kid
NORMIES CEASE AND DESIST

They're a moneygrab to shove the cheapest 100w they could possibly find or make with RadioShack parts, put it into a sub-par case with the meme cone of the month and sell it to you for $400
Get a sub, get a real amp, and get some dense sheet of particleboard, it'll be better stronger more durable and cheaper

Don't forget the crossover and the inputs
People don't want to fuck with all that though

yeah

Dude, that's the same as you going to the closest Macbook normie and say: "why don't you just buy the components for a damn fine computer and build it yourself? It's much cheaper."

YEAH I THINK THATS WHAT IM GOING TO DO.

I don't get it
Is this supposed to be impressive or is this an example of overpriced and mediocre parts?

chances are the amp chip (the one attached to the heatsink) itself is gone. you can probe around with a multimeter and check all the discrete transistors/fets and resistors for dead short and open circuit respectively but i would bet its the amp itself.
gl