Remember when Ubuntu was /comfy/?

no, it was always a copy cat of debian, run debian unstable and be more stable than most knock off distributions.

That looks like Ubuntu Mate.

God. Just look at how well designed it is. What went wrong? You can obviously see the productivity decrease in the last year's

Yes, that horizontal panels and bars, when panels took 2/3 of screen when browsing web on netbook. Future sucks.

Only Ubuntu things in that picture is color scheme. You could have gnome 2 on any other distro.

there is nothing "designed" in that pic by booboontoo. it's the default installation debian they copied had at the time. how stupid are you?

so much this

GNOME 2 was comfy as fuck.

???
That's not even an answer to my question

What went wrong?
The Gnome team thought "huh, tablets are all the rage today. Maybe Linux can break ~1% market share if we became Tablet leaders." Canocucks thought the same thing but thinking that they needed their own new identity as the new leaders of Loonux on PCs they made unity.
Basically both ideas were a colossal waste of time but Ubuntu got fucked over the most when Mint- a fork of their product became more popular than their own ubuntu.

ubuntu still is comfy.

>tfw my ubuntu still looks like this, just black themed by default

>comfy meme
It still is, via Ubuntu Mate. Unless you actually come from the 1970s and like the brown, as we've moved on from that.

MATE is shit.

I was literally just playing with gnome classic. Trying to set something up similar to old gnome rn. I'm thinking that cinnamon can get pretty close.

It's literally the same thing as in the OP.

That doesn't look very /comfy/ at all. What did they do to Unity?

And then Unity arrived

My mom bought a laptop and asked me install windows. Should I install ubuntu instead?

Gnome went full retard. Unity is based on Gnome.

Where is the upvote button? I want to upboat it.