So my 1050 ti that just got here yesterday black screened in me while playing fallout nv...

So my 1050 ti that just got here yesterday black screened in me while playing fallout nv. Rebooted and I get green lines during boot up until I get to the login screen, where everything goes black. I'm so fucking livid Sup Forums how do I fix this, if there is even a fix? Pic related, temp of card after I pulled it out, about 5 minutes after the crash

You gotta take the plastic static baggy off before you use it senpai

I'm aware of that

In all seriousness though, could just be a borked card, I got a 750 ti a while ago and I had to send back in, luckily Newegg is pretty good about that kind of stuff.

The only other thing I'd suggest is make sure it's properly ventilated? Try checking the temps in your build without the card?

Cpu temp in BIOS is about 36c and Mobo temp is about 34. I'm not sure about the GPU but the CPU temp right before the crash was only 107F. I deleted all display drivers with driver uninstaller and I'm still getting a black screen after windows bootup.

If you just got it, it should still be under the manufacture warranty.

>buying Nvidia housefires

Shiggy.

>1050ti

You don't need to be an expert to see that this is a case of broken hardware. Even with the high temp nvidia meme, this is clearly over the line. Just buy a new card.

Sorry I'm not some fat ass neet with disposable income

Was looking at the RX 480 since I'm fucking done with Nvidia now. What would you recommend?

Why do you have a thermal camera?

green lines like that indicate that you've got damaged VRAM, there's no fix

Why dont you? They're cool as fuck.

480 is nice. Runs most games at ultra at 1080p without a sweat. 470 is a tad slower but if you can get it cheap you might want to.

Well fuck that's depressing. The card was installed in mobo for less then 24 hours.

See
Looking at comparisons between the 2 right now thanks user

green lines prior to entering windows only means one thing.
RMA that shit asap.
How bad are the artifacts?

It's worse on the motherboard splash and Windows boot animation. And as soon as the login screen is loaded, black screen

try reseating it, but that seems like a lost cause desu.

btw, what's your PSU make and model?

Reseated that bitch like 5 times. PSU is 500w EVGA 80+ bronze or whatever it's called

time to RMA then

>and they say AMD are housefires.
kek

>Well fuck that's depressing. The card was installed in mobo for less then 24 hours.
I know how you feel, my 1070 died after a month of use.
Yeah, definitely looks like damaged VRAM

ITS DED.

The way to figure this out is.
Artifacting while on windows, may be a driver related issue or a reseating issue (its a strech actually but you know... hope)
Artifacting right on boot (mobo logo or similar, sometimes it goes away while in the bios) the shit is DED.
GPU is kill rma that piece of shit.

What 1070 did you have?

Talked to EVGA, they'll send a new one as soon as they get the fucked one. I don't intend on putting that thing back in my computer though so its just going to collect dust

get a refund from the place you bought it from

If you are gonna get a RX 480, don't get a gigabyte one. The fked up their AMD cards for 4XX series. Everything else is at least ok

>Rebooted and I get green lines during boot up
Green = Dead card.

I was gonna get the sapphire nitro one

If you like it, go for it. It has individually replaceable fans, which is great imo.

MSI has BALLBEARINGS in their fans

MSI or xfx

That sucks, OP. I've had my GTX950 for well over a year now and it's been absolutely perfect.

RMA bro, explain what you did on the form, all the basic stuff that every says to do and just make them give you a new one. if you don't just say lol dunt werk, they should just give you a new one.

>put a small sharpie mark on a hidden part to make sure its a new card, they sometimes just 'fix' them if they want to cheap out and say it was a minor thing. I'm paranoid and check the caps and such, I want a brand fucking new one, not one that was from an early run or whatever.

> It's worse on the motherboard splash and Windows boot animation. And as soon as the login screen is loaded, black screen

This happened with me yesterday, the only difference is that I got red lines all over the screen.

What I did:
Disconnected and removed all VGA cables.
Disconnected all hard disks
Inserted an old Nvidia Quadro on my pc, same problem.
Plugged an ancient HD, Same problem.
Changed the monitor, problem solved.
Connected my monitor to the Nvidia Quadro, no issues.
Connected all my hardware again, everything working fine apparently.
Try to use my pc on this morning, no graphical issues but black screen.
Reboot pc in safe mode and Uninstall Amd drivers, reboot again, it's working.

I don't really know if this was a bad hardware problem, I just had a lot of problems today and yesterday but now looks like everything is working fine. I upscaled some images using OpenCL and my video card still working.

4gb 480 for maxed 1080p, well over 60fps
8gb for 1440p or 4k at lower settings/framerates
470 for 1080p maxed at 60fps
460 for csgo and overwatch at 60fps maxed, other games at med/high

Top tier
"If you cant decide, go sapphire"

Def the best cards of any generation

XFX GTR or GTFO. No exceptions.

>Temperature in F
How is anyone supposed to make sense of this retarded temperature scale, use C if you actually want help faggot

>and I get green lines during boot up

VRAM is kill, RMA.

The XFX GTR and MSI Gaming X are by far the best 480s. XFX also do a cheaper RS model which is shit though.

I don't see the issue.

thats cold, you only need to start getting concerned if they get into the 190 F range.