What exactly was Apple's goal with removing 3.5mm? It makes no sense for wireless earbuds to be a thing

What exactly was Apple's goal with removing 3.5mm? It makes no sense for wireless earbuds to be a thing

Charging $$$ for lost or broken lightning to jack adapters.

they put a barometric sensor where the jack used to be, they care a great deal about air pressure.

Wireless is much more convenient though.
You'd know this if you ever left your moms basement

*falls out of ears*

>It makes no sense for wireless earbuds to be a thing

And that's exactly why they have to go to great extents to force them you moron, if they were "a thing" they wouldn't need to remove the composite connector to get them to sell.

Never happened to me.

*compresses audio*

Saving costs by removing features, merchandising it as innovative and charge a premium fee.
Retards love that shit.

apples core business is to screw over retards.
now think abut your retarded question again.

To force headphone manufacturers to both pay for DACs and pay licensing fees for implementing the lightning connector.

I'm not him but I'll bet you all of the money that you couldn't tell the difference between good bluetooth headphones and good wired ones in a blind test.

This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. That's like saying wireless LAN is useless because cables have higher bandwidth and less latency - because fuck convenience, right?

3.5mm jacks have always been a major point of failure for every phone I've ever owned. It probably became no longer worth shipping and repairing broken jacks.

>Saving costs

so why is it still so expensive

Because prices have very little to do with what it costs to make the product, and everything to do with what people are willing to pay for it.

more space internally.

they get hundreds of dollars per phone and only few dollars per adapter. if their phone customers are not happy, they won't make any money.

and they gave 3.5 mm adapter away with each phone which cost them more and lowered their profits.

tl;dr: you're a biz/finance illiterate retard who can't even balance his checkbook.

hmmm I think you are illiterate? or maybe you posted in the wrong thread

Saving costs for apple you fucking idiot.

Any business you would be in charge of would fail. I can tell from this one question.
Idiot.

it's the only thing preventing them from making the devices even more thin.

>you can't tell the difference between good wireless headphones and good aux headphones
This is true, yes, but shitty wireless headphones usually cost as much as a good pair of aux headphones. Would you rather pay $5 for shitty compressed sound or $35 for shitty compressed sound?

proprietary earbuds here we come

>hmm, I like my iPhone 6S but it's just so damn bulky and thick. shame, if it weren't for that, I'd buy it.
- no one, ever

no one has ever asked for a thinner iPhone, or a second taptic engine. but apple put it there anyway. if apple wanted to design a smaller iPhone, they would try working on those fuckhuge bezels first at least. but no one's asking for a smaller iPhone. I'm willing to bet people would deal with an iPhone being twice as thick as it is now as long as the battery can last for a week straight.

> What exactly was Apple's goal with removing 3.5mm?
Selling people overpriced shitty headphones with proprietary compatibility.

Sure it does. Something with a battery won't last as long as something wired, especially something that's easy to lose. Apple wants repeat customers, not one and done.

If something doesn't make sense, then try thinking like a scummy capitalist asshole and you'll soon realize that it does make sense.

$$$
do you speak it?

Wait a bit... it takes a few months for the other phone-makers to pivot. Then the rationalizing starts.
Just like when Apple used an on-screen keyboard and everyone said they wanted a "real" keyboard. How's Blackberry going these days?