KODI Thread

What is KODI? And what is your opinion of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

torrentfreak.com/popular-kodi-addon-exodus-turned-users-into-a-ddos-botnet-170203/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Use google

What add ons should I put on kodi? I have no idea what to do with it.

mpv backend when?

Quasar

Exodus

Twitch tv. I have kode/osmc on raspberry pi 3. Then there's Russia today addon, youtube, where I watch 1 particular live channel. You can also setup 600+ tv channels. It is great.

I've been using it for awhile and I generally like it. The menus are kind of fucky, though. Shit works weird. But at least it (mostly) works.

Not worth $79, that's for sure.

>paying for kodi
so who tried to rip you off?

Piece of shit, subtitle font gets changed when I seek.

>not worth $79

That's why it's free user

Koki is shit.

He meant the raspberry pi

>$79

user, firesticks are 39.99 and KODI is free.

Never, wm4 is working for their concurrent Plex.

Don't all of these addons stream the most popular Yiffy bitstarved torrents?

so i was given one of these rooted amazon fire tv sticks and it has firestarter and kodi pre installed on it. however when i try to watch anything on kodi it keeps coming up with errors and says check the log for more details.

i'm honestly confused about this since i never have these issues on my pc version of kodi. do i have to re-install kodi and then re-install all the addons again?

Yes

Maybe you should check the log for more details

the log folders are empty

It uses BT. Will ISP care?

Hell, on Amazon the basic Canakit comes with the pi3, power supply and heat sinks for $43. And just about everyone that would be on Sup Forums should have a spare keyboard and mouse lying around. It's not that expensive. The piZero kit is even cheaper and can run Kodi just fine.

>What is KODI?
A godsend. The best way I can describe it is I have my own personal offline Netflix, except it has a much better selection (has all the TV shows and movies I like and only what I like instead of a few things I like and a fuckload of shit I don't care about)

Kodi vs Plex Media Player. What does Sup Forums recommend?

Exodus is the only add-on I really need?

It's the main one. You can read up on some others and see if there are any features you'd like to add to it.

You can user rp3 for countless of other things, didn't have to just be a Kodi box.

Should I switch from Plex to Kodi? All I do at the moment is download torrents manually into my media folder.

I too have this question, hope someone can answer

I've used Kodi and Plex. My question is though, how do you guys use Kodi with a VPN when watching it on your TV? What is the cheapest and best device to hook up to a TV and use Kodi behind a VPN?

Plex is definitely nice if you share your media with others. For example, I have Plex Pass and share my server with friends and family and it remembers each person's play position and what they've watched or not. But of course with Plex you have to torrent everything or rip it and put it into folders and have a server running on a PC or Shield. Kodi lets you just stream torrents. I think Plex has a much nicer UI too and the mobile apps are pretty nice.

still using jarvis not gone to krypton yet,like how the build just works so far so not interested in upgrading (although my build type does have a krypton specific install alternative)

unless you guys are just adding the repos you want then community builds are what you need,handfuls of sites per catagory for download no need to go lookin for certain repos,just get ares wizard or dimitrology installed ...piece of cake.

I've been watching Scream Queens while on the exercise bike. Kodi is great.

Do you live in America?

kodi is great. but i'm done using the addons

torrentfreak.com/popular-kodi-addon-exodus-turned-users-into-a-ddos-botnet-170203/

Well, looks like I won't be using Kodi anymore. Exodus is the whole reason I tried it but fuck being part of some loner dudes botnet.

Ma nigga

Plex is tooo normified

Is a Nice way to don't have to pay for netflix haha

>build htpc
>run kodi with couchpotato and sickrage through usenet
>view through projector
the only patrician way

lol i only paid $69 for the 4K FireTV. Didn't even need it really since my TV already runs Android. Just wanted to test out how fast it was. Kodi does run quite a bit faster on the 4K FireTV at least.