What CPU will you have in your next PC, Sup Forums?

What CPU will you have in your next PC, Sup Forums?
I will go with AMD Ryzen.

Other urls found in this thread:

news.softpedia.com/news/amd-s-ryzen-processors-to-support-windows-7-512679.shtml
pcworld.com/article/3167279/computers/amd-sorry-there-will-be-no-official-ryzen-drivers-for-windows-7.html
news.softpedia.com/news/amd-says-ryzen-won-t-support-windows-7-512789.shtml
twitter.com/AnonBabble

news.softpedia.com/news/amd-s-ryzen-processors-to-support-windows-7-512679.shtml

8c/16t Ryzen.

I was thinking of building a pc for video editing. I work with 4k cameras for a living so Ive read I need at least an i7 7700k, but Ive heard buzz about this AMD Ryzen being the same quality processor for a much lower price.

Can anyone give me a quick rundown?

stop making new ryzen threads

>windows 7
>old operating system
What did they mean by this?

>Feb 7th

pcworld.com/article/3167279/computers/amd-sorry-there-will-be-no-official-ryzen-drivers-for-windows-7.html

Nope.

Just buy the Core i7. Ryzen is nothing new. AMD always hypes it's new products as the next big game changer, the thing that's going to finally turn the company around and make them competitive again, and they always wind up flopping like a sweaty, flaccid cock. Until it's in the hands of independent third-party reviewers, I see no reason to believe Ryzen won't just be more of the same.

How lomg do you think until the ryzen gets officialy tested by third party reviewers? Im thinking of waiting to see what happens, but I dont want to wait until april

>yes but go buy that i7 goyim, before ryzen ever gets to the reviewers hands!

>need a computer now
>buy a computer now
Why wait for something that, if history is to be believed, is just going to flop like a sweaty, flaccid cock anyways?

It's the AMD's way of doing things baby. I don't really blame them though, it's mostly its autistic fanbase's fault (yes we reached the point where massive companies have fanbases fml).

They hype AMD's shit 24/7 and then it ends up being average at best which simply isn't enough with that terrible reputation of theirs. This board is very eager to give AMD a pass whenever they fuck up and overall this place is riddled with newfags that can't even link to other boards so they don't remember all those free shill threads about RX 480.

First we had retarded claims stating that an OCed will be somewhere between 980 and 980 Ti. Then we had mockery threads claiming it will compete with 1080 when oced to 1800 Mhz. Then we hit reality and RX 480 turned out to be a worse 1060 (Yea I know it caught up with drivers 4 months later, stop being so triggered) with tons of launch issues that weren't fixed until release of non-ref cards 2 months later. Vega already seems to be DOA with even biggest AMD shills like Adored TV being forced to throw in the towel (10% faster than stock 1080 in Doom's Vulkan where even RX 480 sees a 30% performance gain when compared to opengl would suggest this card is severely behind 1080 in dx11 titles).

Any info about Ryzen right now seems nonsensical unless Intel is truly bold enough to sell their CPU's at 1000% profit margin. AMD doesn't seem to be really that cheap when it comes to GPU's when compared to Nvidia so all that talk about Ryzen's 8c/16t CPU costing less than $500 while competing against $1000 Intel CPUs is very hard to believe.

>modern Intel CPU can't work with Windows 7

Is that a joke ?

>yfw only two ryzen threads on Sup Forums

more like another Jewish lie

>AMD doesn't seem to be really that cheap when it comes to GPU's when compared to Nvidia so all that talk about Ryzen's 8c/16t CPU costing less than $500 while competing against $1000 Intel CPUs is very hard to believe.
What's hard to believe about that? Intel has been shitting all over AMD so hard for years now to the point where AMD hasn't even bothered producing a new high end performance processor for the past 5 years because they can't compete (Piledriver came out in 2012). Intel simply started pricing their processors accordingly for the lack of competition.

If you can wait then please do. If ryzen is good and cheap, you'll benefit. If it isn't, then I'm sorry that you've wasted your time.

Highest end SKU of 4c8t zen, I'll get a high end mobo and RAM to go with it though. I hope for decent overclocking potential (less cores generally allows for higher overclocks). I can't spend too much money right now (lost a job recently) and I would rather wait until zen+ with the purchase of a 8c16t chip anyway.
I hope AMD will live up to the statement they made that the AM4 platform should last 4 years (or basically until DDR5 or perhaps HBM becoming the standard for system memory). This statement also means that you will most likely be able to put zen+ into a zen AM4 board with just a BIOS update but AMD isn't ready to officially say that yet. Zen+ will probably be to zen what kaby lake is to skylake, just a more mature and polished version of the same architecture with higher out of the box clockspeeds. By the time it comes out software (especially vidya) will be better optimized to make good use of >4 cores and I'll definitely have more spare money than I have now.
Hopefully I'll be lucky with the silicon lottery this time. My phenom II X4 wasn't very good in that regard but it still has been my trusty work horse for the last 6 years. It's high time to retire it.

The best model that fits into my $500 USD budget for the CPU, so probably a 1700X or 1800X

As usual when I buy new stuff.

>no brand royalty
>read review
>read benchmarks

I haven't been memed into anything so far.

>mfw I just copped a new 6700k for 210€ because it's no longer the flagship

How can a x86 os not work on a x86 CPU ?
Does it also mean kabylake can't run win7 vms?
I bet it's just about official support, not about whether it actually works

bullshit. AM4 motherboards are already shipping with Windows 7 drivers and they confirmed that the AM4 platform is fully compatible with Windows 7.
How could Bristol Ridge work fine on Win 7 but Summit Ridge can't on the same motherboards?

canardpc already benched the worst case scenario for the 8 core cpu

their verdict, cpu is fucking great.

what we see in the benchmark is its between a 6800 and 6900 even on a validation board with an es cpu that was tossing errors, had it not been tossing errors and had it be clocked at what amd said the minimum 8 core would be, 3.4 the gap between the 6900 and the ryzen would be non existant.

gaming, the part everyone shitposts about, put it below an i5, but we are looking at sub 20% difference between ryzen at 3.15ghz tossing errors and 4.0ghz i7 in games that many didn't even use 4 cores.

this is important because it shows you where it stacks up single core, and it looks to be somewhere between i5 and i7 when its clocked up to its minimum.

all in all, fantastic cpu that looks to come in at the low end of around 350$ and a higher end 500~$

Ryzen...Zen...doesn't meters really.

Over a year of hype and delays...still no product. Its been so long and nothing has come...

Why care anymore? Its over. No more excitement for the vaporware chip that never arrived.

Its been so long and nothing has come. So long...waiting...so much time...

Tired...so tired of the eternal waiting.

Fuck ryzen/Zen. Just Fuck it. I have no energy to care anymore.

chipset isn't supported, meaning usb likely wont function, among other bullshit like that.

its get around able for the most part, but still bullshit you got to deal with nonetheless.

never delayed

Zen was announced for '16 release.

is this really the narrative Intel's marketing team decided to go with?

oem availability, you know, motherboard validation and all that shit, never release.

The wait is eternal. We wait forever. We wait always.

So long we wait...so long. Children have been conceived...born...we still wait...

All that time is gone...we wait.

We wait so long...why do we wait...

We wait for nothing...we just keep waiting...

If something happens and Zen shows up one day so very far from now...what then?

Wait some more. We've past the point of hope. There is only waiting now.

We wait forever...We wait...

Thank god there have been no major advancements in cpus to really justify a quad core to quad core upgrade.

I bought an fx 8320...forgive me.

The endless wait was too much for my soul to endure...I caved and got a current fx chip.

I tried to wait the endless wait.....my God I tried to wait...

So much waiting...so much life gone...so much time...

Forgive me brothers...I could wait no more...

So I just bought a decent low cost chip and then used my fucking computer.

But alas I should suffer for abandoning the wait...waiting forever...

So long and tiresome...waiting...

>wait for Zen
>wait for Zen
>wait for Zen
- Sup Forums

Satan's right, you know.

a square black one with little legs sticking out

Look do not wait for Ryzen okay? AMD is bad. They're just bad. Believe me. You don't need to look at benchmarks. Why would you wait a month to buy an eight core when you could buy a four core i7 7700k RIGHT NOW for the same price (or even up to $20 cheaper!)

Here is a handy info sheet if you have any further concerns. Thank you for purchasing Intel. Remember: Intel™ - 'Experience What's Inside'.

>fake articles

Oh wait, wait... we call it "alternative facts" now, don't we?

Intel is a racist company...literally said they wanted less whites in tech. I will never but Intel.

So we wait.

I don't know, but I know it's not going to be AMD.

Just like Kaby Lake runs Win7 but is unsupported and missing access to some features.

nice numbers, friend

Stick with VIA. I heard they're still alive.

I want to buy the 7700k. But the 7740k is making me conflicted. Life is getting complicated.

7700k when ryzen comes out and reduces the price.

it will work. it wont have official support from amd. Meaning if you are a business you wont be able to call them and request hardware support.

A new noctua HSF for my 4690k.
Ryzen if it supports W7.
Maybe a low end APU.

They can, with no problems.
But there are no IGPU drivers.

If you have a GPU it will work with no problems.

news.softpedia.com/news/amd-says-ryzen-won-t-support-windows-7-512789.shtml