So...

So, now that new malwarebytes is a retarded botnet that install a rootkit to prevent rootkits and old version will stop getting updates in 2 months what the fuck are we supposed to use?

>inb4 a ubuntu user piece of shit spaming "LE GETNUUU MEME XDD"

Malware bytes has always been shit.

the old Malwarebytes

As of 2 months ago I've been using Common Sense 2017, the successor to Don't Be An Idiot 2016. It's a brilliant upgrade and definitely worth a look.

Nani?!

Shit, I guess the only way is to get it anyway, since if you have Windows, you're already in the botnet anyway.

And Linux/common sense faggots should fuck off out of this thread.

>old version will stop getting updates in 2 months

You blind or someshit

Try out Immunet AV, been running very well for me and hardlynuses any resources. And it picks up everything even when system files are changed

tihi so clever, so funny. never seen before hahahahahaha

Try bitdefender. I've always used it and it works nicely.

what rootkit

INSTALL GENTOO

or fucking just buy a Mac or build a Hackintosh and be done with that kid OS that keeps on abusing you.

Now fuck off. Sup Forums is not a fucking support forum for retarded autistic gaymer kids.

i used malwarebytes the other day to clean my boss's filthy windows 10 computer. it removed 169 things... i only thought he had one thing (conduit search protect which i couldn't remove)

boom. to be fair most of the things it removed were attached to conduit search protect.

after that was done I uninstalled malwarebytes and told boss not to click around aimlessly like a fucking nigger when he downloads shit

all the shit he had on his computer were voluntarily installed programs, he pulled his pants down and spread his asshole open and said fuck me with your aids dick

MSE

Use what you should have always been using: malware bytes professional tools and combofix

>using antivirus software
Unless you are brain dead, you don't need it.

Malwarebytes Techbench portable

>2017
>still using windows
Please, please stop.

>Common sense keeps out rootkits
You know it doesn't right? Unless you verify all pgp signatures and checksums of all downloaded files, you disable all scripts and never plug in USB sticks.

But mostly all the richest and most intelligent people use windows for their jobs so why?

That things been shit since 2.0 anyway.

Quality post

Are you implying you get rich and intelligent from using windows?

Why are you afraid of rootkits and botnets? Windows is already a big fucking botnet that violates you 247

Windows 10

If you only visit facebook-youtube-reddit and Sup Forums like you you maybe not, but there is more websites

But I do, plus a lot of piracy. Never had any issues.

No but it helps a lot.

In this order
>Be intelligent
>Use Windows
>Get rich

In that order. Try to break the order, skip a step, introduce a new step, or change a step and you fail

I'm surprised the community hasn't developed an open source antivirus software yet without all the stupid "BUY THIS BUY THAT! HEY YOU WANT THIS FEATURE? FUCK YOU" bullshit we get from literally every other antivirus provider.

When is John McAfee going to come and make antivirus software great again?

what about clamwin

Install Gentoo.

>Windows problems

Ya and a nonfree shitware binary from "security companies" is going to help.

Get real moron.

Oh I didn't know about that. I'm talking even grander though. Wouldn't all these tech companies want to fund an antivirus project so that their employees don't install some stupid worm and compromise part of their security? I get that they can just (((pay))) for their own antivirus software, but I'd feel like corporate and community support into one project (like with the Linux kernel) would be pretty desirable.

What happened to NOD32? I remember a few years ago that was supposed to be the shit.

They would love to but there is no deterministic way of preventing unknown malware.

This is why antivirus is a fucking meme and why the security of your kernel and userspace sandboxes are.more important

>it can't be on my computer if I don't know it's there

Yeah, I've noticed most malware is usually just taking advantage of insecurities in other software (e.g. the other day I had a worm that spent a spam referral to all my friends on skype). I don't really see any viruses nowadays that totally rekt my computer or compromise my personal information.

Yo bro

That's ESET m8

>I don't really see any viruses nowadays that totally rekt my computer or compromise my personal information.

Thats because kids wised up. Before it was funny to fuck a computer, cause popups, etc.

Now they realized that if you can encrypt your HDD they can get money out of you.

Or better, silently watch as you input your credit card 300 times.

Free money.

>Never plug in USB sticks you don't own
Why does this sound hard to you?

This

I literally don't even use mass storage devices like that anymore ever since I set up owncloud

Linux

This. We're on a technology board. You can try to tell us that some people need it for work or that your grandma doesn't want to switch and is gonna die soon anyway, but this is a board for technology enthusiasts, and it makes no sense for any of us to use Windows or let our friends use Windows.

Install NixOS.

Common Sense 2017 Pro

>If I don't know it's there it means it isn't there.

>trusting open source software

>Or better, silently watch as you input your credit card 300 times.
Feels good to use temporary e-cards and not have to worry about this at least.

or just disable autorun

>trusting your mom

>if I don't allow it to be there then it isn't here.

I got tired of Malware bytes a long time ago when it started to do the classic AV thing if giving you popups every two seconds about buying the full version and what not. I just use MSE and Common Sense 2017 now. If I really think there's something on my comp ill download it temporarily and then immediately uninstall when im done.

Still using Commonsense 2017 here, works great without stupid updates.

After reading a bit about Malwarebytes 3.0, all I have to say is, what the fuck is this shit?

>and then immediately uninstall when im done.

meh i'll just change to common sense+combofix after 2.2.1 gets trashed, too bad they also bought out adware cleaner

Redpill me on why it's so bad. I bought the pro version and it's the best AV I've seen.

I run Linux + common sense. Windows is exclusively my gaming machine, I don't care if it gets infected.

Technically that won't stop badusb which can pretend to be a mouse/keyboard and mass storage all connected to one "hub"

This might be the thread to ask.

I have been running my computer fine for 10+ years without any issues.

This week I think I got a virus though.

Im on windows 10. When I am doing something (file explore, start menu, etc) it starts opening multiple Edge windows, one after the other non-stop. I can close all after a while and it stops.

The other thing that happens is when I am on chrome, it keeps furiously going to the new tab page, I have to keep hitting return to go back to the page I was in.

These are the only 2 noticeable effects I see, they happen randomly. I dont know what the fuck to do because all these years all I used was Windows defender and I never had any problems.

Are you implying you could know it's there if you had "antivirus?"

Same. I also use Rufus since unetbootin likes to fuck up.

>redpill me
eat a red skittles or m&m you faggot nigger

Underage newfag leave

Rufus seems to be retarded with every Linux ISO I ever try with it

go back to Sup Forums with your shitty memes you massive faggot

Because some people work.

Underage newfag

Leave

>At my job, people have to plug in their own USB drives into my personal PC

>needing antivirus
fucking normies.

>implying you're not the newfag for using "REDPILL ME DURR"

>getting this triggered over a common phrase on Sup Forums
jesus you're autistic

>common phrase on Sup Forums
ftfy, you should go back there

You're retarded

>says the Sup Forumstard

It's a common phrase on Sup Forums and has been for a long time
Actually kill yourself and stop pretending you aren't fresh off the boat

It has nothing to do with Sup Forums
You're a fucking idiot

Wew

>being a fucking newfag

i was on the titanic, you fucking babyfaced nigger

only poltards use it

see

Redpilled me on AVG
Never seen it mentioned on Sup Forums but for some reason it's the only antivirus software my family will touch

No they don't you absolute moron
Goddamn you fucking newfags are dense
I've seen some pretty retarded posts but you actually deserve to be banned for being this new

Funny thing is, the redpill was made by jews.

Why do people suddenly shit on malwarebytes?

Also, I recently heard that the new version of Avast (17.1.2286) is having issues.

using that phrase on this board is a newfag thing, and if you dont know that you're a newfag yourself you fucking newfag

goddamn you're a moron

take a look in a mirror you stupid fuck

>Hey, remember those documents I told you about? I got them here on my stick
>N...no, user, just... just upload them to my cloud, here's the address and the password.
>The what?

>redpill me
Sure, Neo. I got this big, long black pill for you. Just make sure you lick it whole before swallowing.

They would email them to you. You're living in the past. Nobody in the American work force has transferred documents by physically walking over to another computer and plugging in USB Mass storage hardware

I've been using common sense for windows since 2012. Never looked back, never been infected

Well, I don't live in America, chummer. If your workmates are older that's how it works here still.

download the malwarebytes trial, run full scan.
download CCleaner, clean everything.
Reset chrome.

One of the many Linux distributions available, that's what security concerned people use.

How about... Your fucking brain?

Seriously, I don't understand how people end up with viruses. Don't browse sketchy sites, don't download from untrusted sources, and don't run anything executable unless you're certain you can trust it. Bonus points for hooking up a raspberry pi to your router, forwarding incoming traffic to it, but isolate it inside your network so that way it takes any random rootkit attempts from chinks that port scan all day looking for random machines to exploit