Why is it illegal to print money? You are not stealing anything...

Why is it illegal to print money? You are not stealing anything, you are merely copying something without destroying the original.

Because only Jews can print money!

/thread

It's not illegal to print money.

Nice idea but its easier to use credit/debit cards

/thread

/Thread

in america credit cards are like free money
>kaceytron

how? shit is a lot easier to trace.

>Make one hit for a few hundred dollars
>Buy groceries with fake $20 bills for a couple weeks

Good luck with that, buddy

lol i know a guy who went to prison for a few years for washing 5's and turning them into 20's

honestly want to know how it's done but feel like asking him would be a dick move bc he probably got raped a bunch (is white)

i imagine if you didn't try to "go big" it would be very easy to get away with it and a fun hobby

technically correct. Illegal to produce currency for an entity that has not authorized you to do so.

Fpbp

it's not technically illegal to print own money. Its only illegal to fake state approved money.

pleb.
I put my $1s in my drier and they come out as $100s
My $5s come out as $5000 money orders and my $10s come out as $25,000 bonds.

Money is a zero sum game, every dollar you have means every dollar other people have becomes worth less and less. Video games and software are kind of the opposite. The best selling and most profitable games are also usually the most pirated

What this user said. An inflation in the amount of currency in circulation means that each individual piece of currency is worth less and less. Think about it like an election, as more people vote, it becomes harder to swing an election because individual people's votes are almost worthless.

This is the case because even though modern currencies are fiat (they have no intrinsic power besides them being supported by the government), their value is dependent on rarity. This is not only a holdover from the olden times when we used gold (a relatively rare and therefore valuable commodity ) as currency, but also because corporations want to have the same ratio of profit. A lot of modern economists believe, therefore, that increasing wages will cause goods to become more expensive as companies try to rake in even more cash.

Tl;dr: you can't print money because you don't have a good enough understanding of the factors involved. If everyone made their own money it'd all be worthless.

Sup Forums - Economics and Finance

Only in burgerland, because you still use magnetic stripes on your credit cards.

Waiting for the day the government collapses and we're forced to use commodity currency like silver and goats

Every day we get closer to the end my dude. I've personally never thought that precious metals would be the currency but livestock, clean water, and ammunition? Hell yeah.
Unless you're referring to currency in the sense of it being an intermediary exchange commodity, in which case, yeah, alright.

Theoretically speaking, what would happen if everyone secretly produced money and nobody found out?

I suppose it depends but in theory it's just another instance of the tree in forest problem.
If everyone's printing money in their basement and nobody knows, would it still cause runaway inflation?

I think probably not in the short term but in the long term yes, afterall people would be spending just a little bit extra all the time and it all adds up.

>worked at a printing company
>obvious conversation pops up during coffee break: how to print money
>everyone's joking around how to modify the big printing machines
>guy with greasy hair walks in, listens for some time, disappears again
>couple minutes later he comes back and jumps in on the convo
>tells us that the hardest part is getting the ink right
>pulls out folder with different printouts
>some of them look genuine to us
>grabs the folder again and disappears
>senior tells us we shouldn't get involved with greasy guy
>never see greasy guy again
well tb.h, haven't seen him before either

TL:DR; apparently getting the ink is the hardest part. if you try to buy it (you won't be able to) or it's ingredients you're gonna end up on some watch list

Inflation

Just print more money