What's the deal with normies caring about boot times?

What's the deal with normies caring about boot times?

99.99% of the time you're not rebooting your machine and even if you do what does it matter if it turns on in 30 or 15 seconds when you're gonna spend 8+ hours using it afterwards?

What is wrong with their faces?

Medical condition or surgery malpractice?

who are these guys? Can I get a quick rundown?

Partly it's because I just like knowing why, in case there's stuff delaying the boot which I don't need or want. The other aspect I care about is getting the most out of what I paid for. I can't get any money back but I can get more bang for the buck.

Extensive surgery.

French TV celebs whose general notoreity is publishing totally BS theoretical physics papers because the reviewers were bamboozled and too few people in the world understand avant-garde research topics. See "Bogdanov affair."

You pay for operating systems? Why would you do that?

No I pay for the hardware. I tweak the operating system to get the most out of that hardware, including how quickly I can get it from "off" to "usable for shitposting."

Unless your personal computer is riddled with viruses or the hardware is over a decade old, "boot times" should be under a minute, and only really noticeable if they're exceptionally fast; like you notice if a computer boots up in 5 seconds vs 30. If it boots up in 30-55 you're not really going to notice any major difference from either end of that spectrum.

It does bear mention though; that with like some work computers they give you, with like a shitload of encryption on them, can have some really fucking retarded boot times averaging in the minutes, and god forbid the thing ever goes into sleep or hibernate because apparently resuming with the encryption in those situations can take in the TENS of minutes. I don't even work there anymore but that piece of shit they had me using for 3 years still gives me nightmares. It wasn't even a bad computer, the IT security policies were just straight up retarded, and this wasn't any defense/govt/healthcare industry thing either, it was wholly unnecessary, demoralizing, and a daily annoyance and by extension impediment to getting things done smoothly.

tfw i still remember the times when
>turning on the computer in the morning
>going to the kitchen to fix myself a cup of coffee
>return about 5 minutes after
>computer just finished fully loading OS.

Was this back in the day when you'd be lacing your coffee with LSD, or when you say "fully loading OS" do you mean "fully loading the seventy items of bloatware in my startup routine?"

>not taking the bog pill

>tfw arch lincucks starts in 5 seconds

Feels fast man

give him a quick rundown

you have no idea what LSD does

I need a quick rundown on these guys.

fully loading the OS i mean the regular stuff that was required on XP. AV, MSN and browser.

Can I get a quick run down on these two?

So.... am I correct in believing that you're asking for a quick rundown?

-Rothschilds bow to Bogdanoffs
-In contact with aliens
-Possess psychic-like abilities
-Control france with an iron but fair fist
-Own castles & banks globally
-Direct descendants of the ancient royal blood line
-Will bankroll the first cities on Mars (Bogdangrad will be be the first city)
-Own 99% of DNA editing research facilities on Earth
-First designer babies will in all likelihood be Bogdanoff babies
-both brothers said to have 215+ IQ, such intelligence on Earth has only existed deep in Tibetan monasteries & Area 51
-Ancient Indian scriptures tell of two angels who will descend upon Earth and will bring an era of enlightenment and unprecedented technological progress with them
-They own Nanobot R&D labs around the world
-You likely have Bogdabots inside you right now
-The Bogdanoffs are in regular communication with the Archangels Michael and Gabriel, forwarding the word of God to the Orthodox Church. Who do you think set up the meeting between the pope & the Orthodox high command (First meeting between the two organisations in over 1000 years) and arranged the Orthodox leader’s first trip to Antarctica in history literally a few days later to the Bogdanoff bunker in Wilkes land?
-They learned fluent French in under a week
-Nation states entrust their gold reserves with the twins. There’s no gold in Ft. Knox, only Ft. Bogdanoff
-The twins are about 7 decades old, from the space-time reference point of the base human currently accepted by our society
-In reality, they are timeless beings existing in all points of time and space from the big bang to the end of the universe. We don’t know their ultimate plans yet. We hope they’re benevolent beings.

can I get a quick rundown on boot time

7 facelift surgeries

Too many quick rundowns.

Because on Wangblows you reboot early, reboot often.