Is there any reason why someone who isn't a poorfag and isn't a manchild should not get a Mac?

Is there any reason why someone who isn't a poorfag and isn't a manchild should not get a Mac?

Other urls found in this thread:

gamingonlinux.com/articles/civilization-vi-released-for-linux-video-and-port-report.9075
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You're basically buying style and sacrificing performance. It's also pretty much idiot proof so even grandma could figure it out.

Needing containers, GPU compute, having a multimonitor setup, much of autodesk's products don't run on a mac, I don't know of any FRA that works on a mac, same with fluid dynamics.
Need something that works so I can make things that work.

I bought an iMac last night, it's amazing. You won't regret it. Get a 27" they are amazing. Best display I've ever used. And unlike Linux I can actually play games like Civ VI and league of legends and photoshop. You get all the benefits of a Unix system without the incompatibility of Linux.

Is there any reason why someone who isn't a poorfag trying to not look poor and isn't a homosexual should not get a PC?

2 rupees have been deposited in your designated shitting street Rajeesh.

>that lady

>calls macposters rajeesh
>CEO of microsoft is literally poo in loo

yes, see:

I've experienced OSX as a slow and buggy mess that basically hinders working with it so much, I have lost all understanding for people who just as much as tolerate them. Such a bad experience. Even the macfags I know had theirs crash on them and be INCREDIBLY SLOW (15 minutes for starting up osx and launching finder on a 2015 iMac, not even exaggerating) while they were trying to show me how great it is.
Anyone who does real work should stay the fuck away from apple devices.

because they dont need one?

Buy what works for you, leave other people alone.

>t. macpooinloo

MACTODDLERS

ETERNALLY

BLOWN

THE

FUCK

OUT

You should sort yourself out, get a thinkpad, and that's that.

based eccentric genius

I dont see much of a reason to use any other OS aside from Windows 7

>paying for chinese espionage

Who are you my uncle? Assume all of your shit is going to the NSA anyway, i'd be more shocked if all of us weren't compromised to some degree

Because a $350 acer has better build quality than the average mac and runs any linux distro out of the box. Voila, unix-like OS on decent hardware for a fraction the price of applel.

>linux
>desktop

honestly Linux is fine if you're using a computer like a grandma where you only use a web browser I guess

IF he has a brain he won't buy a mac.

shit keyboard
no I/O
no upgradability
not that good battery life
need to pay for an OS i will never use

what kind of laptop is this?

2 solid reasons:
GNU+Linux.
>rimshot.wav

I have a similar question.

I don't like Macs that much because they all look same. So PCs are great, especially the new HP models. But they come with Windows 10.

Now as I understand, Windows 10 spies all the time and there is no way to stop it. Even scripts can't stop it.

Linux is an option but it is not 100% compatible with all hardware and some people just cannot spend that much time trying to make the computer work.

Apple is the another option. If I recall correctly, Mr. Snowden recently praised Apple's stance on privacy, so that's nice. Apple also charges a lot of money so maybe they don't need to sell info to advertisers to earn $$. But since half of it is closed source we cannot be sure.

So, what would be a good laptop/desktop for a person who is not a programmer, works/travels a lot, and needs a reliable computer that works with a few applications? Works/travels a lot means that this person does not have the time to fix a laptop all the time, and needs a computer that is very reliable.

Also, project prism probably makes Apple give all the data to the NSA, right?

GNU/Linux can take some time getting everything working correctly but after that you wont have to spend even a second mantaining it if you configure it right.

which applications?

Yes, your best bet for maintaining security and privacy of your intellectual property is a macbook that isnt logged on to any cloud services. Unless you are into 14 year old laptops with hacky bios modification and no 3d acceleration sporting a timesink server os. Then its a librebooted x220.

Thats wĥy everyone in academia or arts is using them.

Yes, that I agree. Once it works it doesn't shit itself. Except Arch. I updated it and...

But on some laptops the drivers don't work. I saw an ultrabook a few years ago and sound did not work on it on GNU/Linux. Both headphone jack and speakers did not work. You had to use a usb sound card for sound.

Just general applications like word processors and all. Whatever I need is available on all platforms so applications are not an issue.

Oh. I see. I wanted to know because on the intallgentoo wiki it says MacOS is okay.

What about the prism thing? Will a person have to cover the mic and camera?

>I don't like Macs that much because they all look same.

>security
>macshitOS

Good joke.

Covering the webcam and removing microphone physically seems fitting in the case of using serviceable macbooks. I dont know if apple offers a way of disabling camera and microphone from uefi, that could be done if they do too. Also keep in mind that if a government body wants to access your data they would do it through Intel ME. Intel is a core company in prism too. Also i believe this is the reason for ever increasing rumors of apple developing a inhouse processor. They seem to care about user privacy more than anyone. They are definitely more welcoming than google and Microsoft. In my personal opinion there two big red flags for a company.

Not charging you for costly services.
Not having a customer support line.

Second one is blatantly saying that you are not customer, but the product. Especially google is the culprit for this.
Also apple charges you for icloud storage whereas google and Microsoft gives it away for free.

What i meant when saying do not login to native services. This could be an honest mistake, something in purpose or just bogus news. It doesn't really matter.

>if it sez bad tings about apel it must me fake!!!111 LALALALAA ICANT HEAR U

Mactoddlerism, not even once.

I dont even own a single apple product. Go and spend your google rewards cents at public wcs instead shitting on streets dear hurjraam.

>And unlike Linux I can actually play games like Civ VI
uhh, user...
gamingonlinux.com/articles/civilization-vi-released-for-linux-video-and-port-report.9075

>and league of legends
There's dota and other tho.

>and photoshop
photoshop is not a game...

do macs have any actual benefits is the question

Never have, never will.

>maybe buying Apple products will improve my social status

FACE
FRAME
HEIGHT

Macs > *

That;'s why every professional has one.

Well, if you build your own computer you can acheive the same results for less. Or, you could spend a little more and get hardware that outclasses anything has to offer.

Lets take the trashcan. That utter peice of shit uses hardware dated from 2012. If you have work to do, why waste your money on an overpriced machine with outdated and underperforming hardware?

macbooks are the only laptops with an acceptable trackpad

Because I need a GPU optimized for CAD since I'm studying in aerospace engineering where we have to draw these things often. I can get an excellent 2GB K2000M W530 that actually has ports, a battery life, plenty of storage and up to 32GB ram with an i7 for 500 CAD including shipping and import, or spend 2000$ on a shitbook with a non-CAD optimized GPU, no ports, no battery life, no upgradeable RAM and that's flimsy as fuck.

Fuck off, clit mouse is best.

no, now go back to facebook

>t. mactoddler

Also steep discounting depending on how big you are. IBM is literally getting them just above cost. Other companies are given stuff for free to evangelize.

hahaha... stay mad friend.

Not mad, but the ones at work were ~$600. At that price, sure, but not retail.

>$600
show me one reference for that. just one. hahahaha

>10 year old trolls
ahhahah... you're that mortherfucking mentally ill retard, aren't you? hahaah... I see your ban expired today. hahhahha... hope you get banned again.

ps: up your meds.

Your belief systems structure reality. Gender pronouns are marxist ideology. Pinocchio is about the human psyche.

You do realize that only EXTREMELY MENTALLY ILL people (i.e. homosexuals) use macs right?