Are we, dare i say it, living in a simulation lads ?

are we, dare i say it, living in a simulation lads ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y688upqmRXo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulated_reality_in_fiction#Film
youtube.com/watch?v=xaILTs-_1z4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's worse than that. According to the quantum principle of indeterminacy, WE KNOW that our molecules are in a constant state of flux and pure, raw instability. Therefore we die and reassemble every single moment.

Does God exist?
pic rel is literally you now

sometimes

God a little girl that plays with her doll house on planet bongo bong 432. She will destroy it in 7 trillion years, or 3 minutes in her time.
They are a petty little world.
Then niggers of their cluster.

yeah mang. it's logically impossible not to.

probably, but does it matter?

go read Simulacra and Simulation

Serious, what movie is that from?

Yes, the CIA has you by the balls.

>tfw to intelegent too care

If we're living in a simulation, then who's simulating the simulation hardware? Checkmate atheists.

No. Stop with that bullshit.

ya we were obviously created and put here for a reason. but idk if this life is a simulation, but its an experience we must go through to reach the higher being state. So I guess this life is more like a virtual machine then anything, right? It could be just a simple state, too. Separation from heaven would leave this place as some sort of hell. Maybe this is all some sort of punishment.

>to intelegent
>too care
I don't think so

pretty sure he was bating you, m7

Neverending story user. You should check it out. It's aight

i watched that movie as a kid and only remember the horse dying in the mud and it scarred me forever. Sad.

>new arrival

No but we might be living in a holographic universe. Gravity, mass, energy - it's all just a byproduct of information, the real building block of the universe.

Thanks!

>information, the real building block of the universe.
Basically no one belive this. Just sensationalized pop-science.

Maybe
Black holes could be bugs
Its still too perfect though
The universe should have collapsed and return error codes by now

It goes like its possible to simulate this existence using any other existence, there might be another existence that contains all simulated existences, but there is no way to tell. It's like a Ven Diagram only its only one circle containing everything and everything is overlapping. We don't know if it is possible to simulate a universe within a universe or not so it is open to theory. If you can why not be able to simulate multiple inside each other, and never be able to tell which one is simulated and which is the parent of the simulation.

I remember how dumb that movie was.

>tfw you can enjoy the sweet embrace of death every second

>mfw I choose to believe in De Broglie–Bohm theory even if it's incomplete, simply because it's deterministic and makes me feel like my empty life has meaning

They fell for the old one two right there Fred.

Mhmm.. What good /tech/ movies are there nowadays? 'Hackkers'-esque.

But its not a never ending story. What a fucking rip off

we'll be proven right user

I'm with this guy

We're actually all actually in the Sims 92837125. The future is controlled by EA and proprietary software, sorry lads.

we could. every time i'm stuck at traffic I like to think that the world is just making time to render buildings, people, etc

no the actual redpill is we live in a fractal universe where we can do anything. every choice and belief you make affects the outcome of your future

everything, and i mean everything in the world is determined by what choices you make and what you believe. what you believe is more important

if you want to live in a world where we all get nuked you will end up in that timeline

if you want to live in a world with donald trump as president you will live that timeline

what if i'm some random kid that died at age 7 in Argelia?

He is living in the timeline where Trump is president but he has no idea who he is

>what if i'm some random kid that died at age 7 in Argelia?

then you're dead

Well, what about A random kid that died at age 7 in argelia? he still lived in a timeline that he didn't chose

its not like your beliefs can 100% protect you from dying in random circumstance

Tree falls in forest.
You don't hear it because your dead.

Uh that's not how quantum works friendo
Its the same reason why they still haven't come up with a unifying theory combining quantum phenomena with classic, macro scale physics

Ever get deja vu? It's what happens when the universe crashes amd you're returned to a save state seconds before it happened.

It's so much less of a clusterfuck.
I refuse to believe reality can be this inelegant.

Artaaaax!!!
youtube.com/watch?v=y688upqmRXo

To be honest I feel bad for the actual real life horse. He looks to be experiencing legitimate emotional discomfort. Now maybe that horse is a good actor, but I have to wonder what the fuck they did to induce that reaction.

>baby is scared to embrace reality
that's exactly how it works

that still kills you. it doesn't stop the flux, just the indeterminacy. you still die every single moment because it's still not a classical theory, molecules still dangle around.

Nope you're too optimistic if you think that.
>you're already dead and this is hell
is closer to true as pointed out.

you are a retard. evidence when?

>Therefore we die
This is a retard tier statement. Just because our molecules are in a state of flux that doesn't mean we die. If that's what you believe you are either retarded or you use a definition of the word "die" which has literally no relevance.

Probably not.

Up to this point humans have compared the universe to the most advanced technology they have on hand. In the past we thought the universe worked like a clock because clockwork was the most intricate thing around.

Now we think the universe is a computer program because computers are the most complicated thing around.

Odds are it's something even weirder.

>baby is not afraid because it will not die
if that comforts you little baby, sure
real men know that if you disassemble your molecules even for a moment that is by definition death.

do you guys think the universe is perfect?

gravity, electromagnetism, nuclear forces, they're all consistent and testable. even time dilation can be taken into account when designing something. it's pretty wild when you think about how there is no real chaos in the world in its true sense. energy and mass are both conserved uniformly.

>real men know that if you disassemble your molecules even for a moment that is by definition death.
By which definition?

By the definition that if you chop a brain into pieces, turn them into steak and then collect the molecules from nature and reassemble them in 2 years exactly as he was, he was still dead for a long time.
The principle is identical and it does not change if the 2 years are a smaller moment.
Unless you believe in religious fairy-tales.

Determinists are the most parhetic people. Deluded it accepting they have no control of their life because they refuse to take responsibility in their actions and outcomes.

I dig that

who cares, this steak tastes real to me

No, the actual redpill is the realization that literally NOTHING you will ever do have truly lasting effects.

There is a moment in time where the history of your entire existence, no matter what you do, is indistinguishable by any means from pure chaos of quantum fluctuations.

Billions years in the future, you will never have existed. Not just in the present - there will be no past where you are more likely than vacuum just doing its job.

And there is absolutely nothing you or anyone else can do about it.

Then how am I alive right now?

Is it, dare I say, possible to never fully ''''''''''''''die''''''''''''''

you are probably all just figmets of my imagination

The problem with Simulation theory is that there ceases to be any meaningful distinction from a simulation and the real thing. The Universe is whatever the Universe is, just calling it a different name isn't useful.

tfw quantum immortality so you'll never know the sweet embrace of death

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulated_reality_in_fiction#Film

Yes it is
youtube.com/watch?v=xaILTs-_1z4

You are a robot of molecules, constantly in flux of life and death due to quantum physics, and you could be reassembled in 1,000,000 years using the exact same molecules that are used right now.

If having your brain chopped into pieces, turned into steak, and then reassembled in 2 years exactly as it was were a normal part of existence and was damn near guaranteed to always be successfull then I would not consider that to be death. You are comparing two situations which are completely unrelated.

Not only they are related, they are identical, the human mind is dying every single moment of its life due to quantum indeterminacy.
We are robots of molecules.
All else is religious fud.

this

How come life isn't created from scratch by scientists yet?

Because scientists lack soul.

The CIA is faking your Internet with a Google AI
Sup Forums is not real. It's a fever dream of a Deep Dream AI

The CIA is doing this to you to manipulate you into complacency and to study your psychological profile

They're doing this to 100000 people at least

No

We are in the sense that our brain can only perceive reality as a simulation independent of the context.

So if we actually are in a computer simulation or we are not, OUR BRAIN won't be a able to tell the difference.
So EITHER WAY we live in a simulation weather someone is behind it or it's just our limited brain and they way it perceives reality.
For example: our eyes perceive images because of the light reflecting from objects and that goes through the transparent mediums of the eye and after it's projected it goes through the optic nerve and gets interpreted at the visual cortex.
How is that actual reality? It's not. It's just like a modeled 3d world, it's not actual anything, it's virtual.

More like faggots of my imagination

Well you can argue that a model representating information still needs said "true" information. There are many ways this information can be interpreted, but to be able to use your subjectivity on it needs an object in some form.

>"true"
How do you know it's true?
That's what I'm saying.

It is true and fake at the same. OK let me put it this way: for something to be fake there has to be something that is true, if there were nothing that is true the fake would be the truth.
A model needs (objectively real) information to transform it into a representation (objectively false). This is basic modeling. What you define as the model interpreting is subjective, it could be your eyes or the computer showing you da pixels, but that transformed info has a real source, or else there is no hidden curtain

>for something to be fake there has to be something that is true
Not necessarily.
Fake and true are just made up words like the word fairy.

Well DUH, that was exactly my point, it's 'interpretation' what is fake or true (why I said both is happening at the same time). Compare it to the double slit experiment, where photons react different through observation. As long as you don't know the pathway (is this way the 'true' way) the photon exist in true and false. But the moment you perceive it it is forced to show only one exact answer (namely left or right, or if looking only left true and false). Imo everything is nothing and vice versa, the observation (interpretation) creates the reality, up to that point we live in a multu-defined environment (if hard to understand, imagine if we were in a pc all the building blocks - 1 and 0 - are permanently in a double state until the coordinate is checked). The delayed double slit experience even shows that the past can get reconfigured to fit the current state we exist in, suggesting that all that really exists is this exact frame now and future and past are mere formable in- and output like with a black box, just that we are in said boxx

So it doesn't matter?

This man here is right

excactly this, if you can't proof it and change it, why bother wasting time thinking about it?

Even if you manage to flee you'll end up at square one.

>Still falling for the "I took the bait" -bait
How new are you again?

This thread doesn't look like anything to me.