Admit it. You want one

Admit it. You want one.

Other urls found in this thread:

pcworld.com/article/3135744/laptop-computers/microsofts-surface-book-i7-doubles-the-gpu-performance-of-its-predecessor.html
youtube.com/watch?v=kSkkwK7w1JU
youtube.com/watch?v=-ePm7WGDj3s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what is it?

i'd give it the codename: spinal xD

dat gap

Owned a Surface Pro 2 and really wanted to like it but it's hands down the worst piece of garbage computer I've ever owned. Worse than the HP craptop I bought for $500 in 2007. The problem isn't in the idea or anything, but the execution was just awful and even though Microsoft apparently controls every part of the stack it managed to have terrible issues with the keyboard, touchpad and screen. It also took 30+ seconds to respond to pressing the power button when in sleep mode. Because of that piece of shit, I'm not gonna fall for the Microsoft hardware meme again.

I love it. You hit on the left side with all your strength. It spins like hell up, and gets destroyed.

gief.

>Surface pro 2

Those were admitted trash until 3

Does it not close flat?

That gap triggers my autism too much.

>over 1 year since release
>cheapest version with unupgradable 128GB SSD and NO dGPU still sells for 1000€ used.

I know it's supposed to have a shitty screen and be too heavy for manlet reviewers, but those weren't even the biggest problems. The biggest problems were the fact that it did shit like power off the entire computer if the keyboard was disconnected. And one time they sent out a bum driver update that fucked the wifi so I had to get drivers on my desktop computer and move them over to the tablet on a USB stick to un-fuck it. I don't see how I could trust a company that lets something that retarded happen with a $1500 """"premium"""" product.

Oh and the original power cable apparently caused house fires, so they sent me a new one for free. Shame that one broke after 6 months despite the fact that I was just keeping it in one spot and never tucking it or even moving it at all at that point.

no that fucking gap ruins it

>doesn't close flat
>headphone jack is top of monitor
>heavy screen makes the laptop unstable.
Why would I want one?

I'd rather take the new shitty rMBP tbqh

>cannot be charged via USB
Nope nope nope

>top heavy
>gap
>headphone jack on screen part
>windows
why would I want one when I have a 2015 Macbook Pro

I already have one :^)

its like a thigh gap on a girl

this desu, if the cost wasn't so retarded I'd have 2 already

you fuckers getting triggered about the gap? wtf...

cucK

>Why would I want one?

3:2, 3000x2000 screen
Touchscreen
Pen input
Portrait mode
dedicated GPU
Good battery life

So it's retarded af

gotcha

Only if money was no object

But if it wasn't, I'd rather have a MacBook desu.

>accidentally sit on it
>pic related happens

mate you have a weak spine. should probably get that checked out.

How did you get a hold of one of my x-ray plates? Delete this.

If I wanted a laptop I'd buy a laptop

If I wanted a tablet I would buy a tablet(and I wouldn't buy a fucking Surface.)

>that cancerous 'hinge'

Buy a Thinkpad or something equally good like XPS and install Solus.

how can you not like thigh gaps

>shit, waste of power, enjoy your shitty winblows 300% scaling
>shit, nobody cares about the touch input. I was matte screen instead
>who the fuck uses pen in such device? Students? Faggots?
>every tablet has it
>waste of power, iGPUs are fast enough to handle everything
>it could be even better battery life

>3:2, 3000x2000 screen
No big difference from retina anyway. At such resolutions color quality, contrast and stuff are more important
>Touchscreen
Why do I want a touchscreen on a laptop?
>Pen input
Great way to scratch the screen
>Portrait mode
Why? It's not comfy to use in bed being heavy with fans anyway. I got an ipad for that
>dedicated GPU
I'm not a gaymer
>Good battery life
probably the only good point, don't know how it compares to macbook

>was
want, fucking spellchecker

>3200x2000
Scaling is absolute trash in windows. I've got a 4k monitor on my desktop and an xps 13 at 3200*1800, the 40" is okay at best but no where near everything scales and looks decent.

one of the reasons I got a macbook

Yeah it's about impossible to use a 4k and 1080p setup on windows

I already have one. It's great and battery life is amazing but there are a few things I don't like.

The gap.
The pen has an actuation pressure slightly higher than I'd like.
The 3.5mm port is at the top instead of bottom.

That's not the XPS 13

I actually do, but not at that fucking price.

Can I install Slackware on it?

>headphone jack at the top of the bezel

I think I'll pass

>No big difference from retina anyway

3:2 is better than 16:10

And in all the other areas it's excellent as well.

>Why do I want a touchscreen on a laptop?

Why not? Sometimes it's more convenient to directly control something with your finger rather than indirectly with a touchpad.

>Pen input
Great way to scratch the screen

It has gorilla glass. It won't scratch.

>>Portrait mode
>Why? It's not comfy to use in bed being heavy with fans anyway. I got an ipad for that

To read documents. Fan doesn't turn on anyways unless you do something intensive.

>I'm not a gaymer

A GPU is useful for more than gaming you know... like doing 3D modeling

I don't understand why it matters. I really don't care about thigh gap

I really don't, I got a laptop with an SSD, an i7 6700, and a 1060 for $875 and I couldn't be happier with it, 5-6 hours of battery life with those specs is pretty damn stellar

>no gpu

it would make a good hotpocket warmer, just stick it in the gap

this. I don't get the fucking point either.

My SP2 lost all functionality with it's type cover a few months back. I attempted to contact MS and was told that nothing is under warrenty at this point and that they can no longer assist unless I pay them $100 to have someone call me and provide assistance over the phone.

It was great for the first year, but it barely made it to the two year point when it stopped working properly. One of the more annoying things was wifi having to be shut off and turned back on after waking the device up.

I'm very skeptical of any Microsoft hardware going forward..

Anyone feel like one of these would be good for werk and taking notes for engineering?

Is this the new microsoft shill target?
Shit, better get that image again.

Honestly it looks pretty awful. It'd be tough to convince me to regularly use a portable device without a TrackPoint, but the Surface Book seems even less appealing than the Surface to me. The design is just terrible. I also wouldn't use Windows and I'm not sure of the support for BSD or GNU on it.

neither do I
I think it looks a bit weird even

even assuming you mean no discrete gpu (as there is obviously a gpu in any machine like this), there is one in the keyboard

Fuck yes I want one but motherfucker is expensive as balls. When I do get one it will be at minimum the i7 + dgpu

stupid frogposter

pcworld.com/article/3135744/laptop-computers/microsofts-surface-book-i7-doubles-the-gpu-performance-of-its-predecessor.html

It's not Acer Predator

My thinkpad is superior in every possible way to that metal waste

>Nuh uhhh! Being feature rich, future proof and having options is bad! Everything should stagnate because I said so!

Microsoft did it again!

>not a desktop
I don't want toys, sorry. How am I suppose to work with a small screen and a shitty keyboard?

Honestly i do, the surface devices always seemed appealing to me. Alas i am poor and cannot afford one.
The pen is super awesome and they seem robust for a tablet

Kinda yeah

>trash until [Surface Pro] 3
I had a SP4 until I took it back to Costco and they are still trash. The only redeeming quality is the screen. I would have kept it but I had to hard reboot after sleep one too many times. MS needs to get its shit together before charging 1k+ for shit that doesn't work right.

Yeah, all this gimmicky shit for the low low price of almost 3 thousand fucking dollars. Have fun, goy.

Windows is too shit for tablet use. I had a Surface Pro 4 and I still used my iPad 80 percent of the time for tablet stuff and my T420s the rest for actual productivity. Surface is an overpriced meme looking for a purpose.

You've been memed, my dude. They aren't nearly as good as the tech press and MS fanboys would have you believe. If you ever quit being poor and get one, it'll be great for the first month but when the honeymoon period wears off, get ready for some serious buyer's remorse.

>2300 semitic coins
for the same amount of money you can get:
>1000 shekels ultrabook
>700 jewpees ipad + apple pencil
>400 abrahamic pesos ps4
and still have 200 bitgoys left to add an excelent gpu to your desktop, or maybe get a moto G. Jesus fuck you people are stupid.

I honestly want the next one that comes out for when I start grad school in the fall.

I can really see myself getting one. But it seems worth it to wait until this years model is released... then either pick up the current one for cheap, or pay the premium for a new model if the update is significant enough.

I love the concept, and it seems more practical than the more pure tablet Surface Pro

thigh gaps are fucking hot. it means childbearing hips, which is basically natures way of saying "BREED ME"

Not going to lie, my SB pro is running arch linux and I like it a lot. Battery life is the main selling point, the screen is nice, and it just feels stable.

If I put a book or something on top of it, will it crack? If I put it in my backpack and there's some pressure on the side, will it crack?

seriously, FUCK that design! fuck that computer.

not since lenovo announced their new thinkpad line

We use them at them work and I have one I use as my daily driver.

I have to say getting used to them takes a while but they're pretty cool to use in the end.

t. ex-donglebook user (macbook 2015)

looks like a looong frog

Can I install gentoo on it? No? It's trash.

Interestingly, the hinge is really sturdy.

youtube.com/watch?v=kSkkwK7w1JU

I don't care what that shill says. Just loking at that computer and the hinge gives me anxiety because I know I'll destroy it by putting it in my bag. Fuck that shit.

They should have copied MBP... it looks solid as fuck and looks like you could sit on it.

Again, fuck that Surface shit.

>they should have copied a throttling housefire

No thanks.

M$ is giving me one for free next week.

kys stupid pajeet shill. and make it painful.

An aunt has one she carries fo her job and says tye hinge has sustained no damage despite taking trips inside har backpack many times.

He's right though the latest macbook "pro" is an overheating turd that requires at least 20 dongles to be 10/10th as useful as a surface book.

>inb4 you call me a shill
I wouldn't get a surface book even if I was a trillionaire, the xps 15 is a much better option.

Pajeet pls. Just go back to shitting on the streets.

Hey good one, you got any more extremely dope and funny memes to share with us user? XD

>Recommending plastic Dell meme-in-one

>Windows Book shilled on Sup Forums.
>LMAO dude that thing has a pci dock on a hinge its going to have problems.
>....
>Pajeet: Surface book is so amazing guize!
>Pajeet: Windows 10!

WHY ARE THERE NO RUBBER FEET

GOING TO SCRATCH DESKS AHHHHHH

What does a clown like you recommend, a donglebook?

What laptop charges via USB?

For anybody wanting a Dell XPS 13
youtube.com/watch?v=-ePm7WGDj3s

Most lower-power laptops using USB 3.1 gen 2 or Thunderbolt 3 nowadays

this

no reason to get the surface when you can get a yoga 370

When comparing to the surfacebook the Spectre actually has that drawing-palm reject screen you are looking for here

It's a PC. There is no thigh, you fucking retards.

>ThinkPad
>XPS
>MacBook variants old and new

The only laptops worth buying. Retarded hipster numales are the only people who bought that Surface shitfest.

not scratching your lcd or showing smudges, keyboard marks?

XPS a shit

MacBooks are shit

I really don't. I have no interest in tablets over 8"

When are Microsoft going to unveil the Surface Pro 5? Or are they just going full Book now

I have literally never had any of those issues because I don't buy shitty laptops.

user, you're quite possibly the most autistic individual I've ever encountered.