Zen and kaby will not support win 7

>zen and kaby will not support win 7

R.I.P windows

Other urls found in this thread:

downloadcenter.intel.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>it wont work period
Those of us who love Winpai7 will make it work.

Too bad it would be nearly impossible to backport some of the new shit in the Windows 10 NT kernel into Windows 7's NT 6.1 kernal

You will stuck the win10 botnet in your throat eventually

And you will like it

The data win10 collect NEVER harmed any of the billion of its users

I'm pretty sure some of them are actual pedos and terrorists and not even with that the info was used to identify/harm them

The fuck you on about? Ryzen is reported to be supporting Windows Seven, so that's four more years of Windows Seven.

Source?

It will still work with windows 7.

Only no IGPU support.

Requesting nanami with a blindman bar and black glasses.

Good point.

Also I find it funny how people flip shit about windows 10 being a botnet, but will happily use android/IOS/Mac which does the exact same thing as windows 10 does

Not a big deal. Only a few amd faggot will use ryzen anyway.

Lol what is self censorship.

Will they support Linux is the better question.

It may be a matter of time before CPUs use encryption at the hardware level that requires a proprietary OS to use them.

>Will they support Linux is the better question.
Yes.

If not we will just make it support it.

You need a lot of precessing power to use the professional FOSS software, right

uh
latex?

>CPUs use encryption at the hardware level that requires a proprietary OS

Explain how would that work in the enterprise sector where 2/3 of all servers are Linux/freeBSD

It won't. They'll have to switch.

How will you break the encryption?

rip nanami-tan ;_;7

I guarantee you 2/3's of the market will not switch over to whatever locked out mess that Intel and Microsoft decide to shit out.

software makers will have to pay intel for the codes to use their CPUs

>where 2/3 of all servers are Linux/freeBSD

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

$0.10 has been deposited into your Oracle account

>tfw I unironically work for Oracle

What do you call that outfit? Where did it come from?

>outfit

It lacks surface to be considered one

Is anyone even surprised by this? All older OS's become obsolete and phased out eventually. They're just doing it faster this generation.

OP is a fag. Kaby Lake works fine on Windows 7. Stop spreading Microsoft FUD.

Legit question, what do you use for IGPU drivers?

The stock compatibility one or the one given by motherboard makers?

Can someone explain an ideot how it is possible that a new CPU can't support an older Windows?

Poor thing, how far have you fallen... In 10 years you will justify obligatory rape by an indian in order to obtain license key.

Benchmark it on w7 and do it again on w10

Have fun

windows 7 was shit

Both will give the same result unless you use a benchmark that uses DX12.

And it shouldn't be an issue if is correct, right?

Yeah, or if you use any videocard.

>using the Intel iGPU
I have read that it doesn't work in one article, then in the comments another guy said it does and that the author is retarded.
I am using the dedicated graphics, why the fuck do I care if the iGPU works? It is irrelevant to me and could care less if it does.
Firestrike gets higher physics scores on Win7 than on Win10, I am not installing cancer to "prove you wrong"

It works, but not correctly because the lack of drivers.
Just wondering if you used the "hotfix" to get it running.

They will have to or they will lose money. The new CPUs provide more power for less electricity and it will be worth it to buy Windows licenses and switch over.

windows 8.1/10 is just more shit on top of the shit that windows 7 is.
it may look like pretty fosil in peoples eyes after 10-20 years.

Why did Sup Forums suddenly began to care about iGPU? I thought we agreed that it's a waste of valuable die space.

Hey man, when are you guys going to make a non-commercial OS? I just want a retail Solarus!

It's something to shitpost about.

Because its the only thing that wont work about new CPUs, why wouldn't we talk about it?

People who use VMs with gpu passthrough.

its more the fact that a piece of hardware is being locked out on a operating system due to the manufacturer not caring enough

People should at least upgrade to 8.1

>"we agreed"
No "we" didn't

What's wrong with her eyes?

Windows 8.1 might has well been just a beta for windows 10

No one cares, only a massive retard would buy a iX to use the igpu

You would want to use an iGPU if you don't want to spend extra money on a actual GPU. Not everyone goes on Sup Forums and games. Even then a good bit of games run just fine on an modern iGPU

I'm just sad it took ages before the previous Intel laptop platforms (Haswell, Broadwell, Skylake) were supported decently in Linux. Let's see what Zen laptops will be able to deliver.

it does work. but apparantly you need a CD to be able to install them. ASUS has Win7 and Win8 drivers on their website for the new Z270 boards and graphics. regardless, who uses integrated graphics anyway, 99% will use a dedicated GPU.

No you dont, you just add USB drivers to the installer.

Dont worry - China is going to make free unlocked CPUs.

They'll only occasionally send all your data to the PLA though.

>99% will use a dedicated GPU.
99% of what.

Not everyone uses their computer for gayming.

Stop spreading FUD.
What are you going to do AFTER you get it installed and you have no xHCI ?
Compare sky vs kaby.
See if you can live without those drivers

Put in a SATA disk with the USB 3.0/3.1 drivers and install them from there. You know there are other interface options than USB to get things onto a PC, right?

Since you retards don't know how to install Windows 7 on Skylake/Kaby Lake Z170/Z270 (presumably Ryzen?), here's a tutorial.
1. Grab a Windows 7 SP1 ISO and a Windows 10 ISO
2. Take "setup.exe" and "boot.wim" from the Windows 10 ISO
3. Replace those two files in the Windows 7 ISO
4. Use Rufus or whatever to put the modded Windows 7 ISO on a USB stick or burn it to a DVD if you still have a DVD drive, or use one of those USB virtual DVD drives
5. In your motherboard BIOS set Secure Boot OS to "Other" and enable "Launch CSM." If you have options for the launch CSM you only need video to be legacy, everything else can be UEFI driver.
6. Install Windows 7, the setup will look like Windows 10 but it deploys Windows 7. Ensure to load any Windows 7 storage drivers as needed off a USB stick in the setup wizard (like for RAID/AHCI or NVMe).
7. Finish installing Windows 7 and connect a SATA hard drive loaded with the remaining drivers.
8. Wow, it just werks.

You can also integrate the USB 3.0/3.1 drivers into both the Windows 7 "boot.wim" and "install.wim" but I prefer using the Windows 10 "setup.exe" and "boot.wim" replacement trick.

No you fucking retard, this has nothing to do with how you install it. What about AFTER?

See Put drivers on a SATA disk after it's installed. This works. Have personally done it.

What drivers from where?

MSI Smart tools should deal with it too.
Also you missed changing boot order but i guess you can boot directly to it from the boot manager.

Confirmed for absolute retard. Just install Gentoo, user.

Post screenshots

There are no Windows 7 drivers for kaby lake

>99% will use a dedicated GPU.
I think it would be more reasonable to say 65% of people DON'T use dedicated GPUs. Integrated GPUs are more than enough for normal users.

Friendly reminder that those "freedom" fighters that stand against Windows 10 botnet are also being laughed at by even more extreme "freedom" fighters who oppose Win and Microsoftowy all together by using Linux and that all those "freedom" fighters with their strong Internet opinions are massive cucks that stay at home and bitch about imaginary privacy and security while their Western countries are being flooded with Pajeets, Ahmeds and Slavs that slowly take over everything and turn their cities in 3rd world shitholes that are being CCTV monitored 24/7. It's like trying to fight woods fire by pissing on a branch and pretending you're a brave little soldier.

Good Goy.

>a CPU does not support an OS
how the fuck is this even possible

Hardware DRM acceleration required to boot the kernel.

>w7 wont werk on kaby lake!1!11
if anyone falls for that shit they deserve to be spied on

Nobody said it wont work with it.
Just that it isnt supported.

the w10 shills have been spamming it for months

How am I going to continue to liberate paid software into free as in freedom software when they start shutting it off though?
I ain't about to start paying GOG for being able to use DOSBox for me.

Fake

Because my GPU died and I have no money to buy a new GPU because I'm a poor NEET?

Why are you buying a new CPU then?

>oh no windows telemetry is becoming a bot net
Turn off auto update you dumb ass, I don't even have that telemetry bs yet

Because mine is a Pentium 4 G645 and I don't want to use windows 10 because it's incompatible with some old programs that I still use also, I don't want to use sandboxie/a VM.

The root of the problem has been isolated.
"Sugar"

I've wondered about trying to use W10's kernel and some other resources with Windows 7's programs and such.
Naturally windows update would shit itself, but it would be an interesting frankenstein.
AMD said no win7 support. It might boot, but the CPU might not work correctly. Think noveau driving a 900-series GPU.

>AMD said no win7 support

AMD said no official support, but that they've tested the chips with Windows 7.

>Although the company has tested and validated the chips with Windows 7 — so they should at least work on Windows 7 desktops — it won’t be providing official drivers.

CPUs don't need fucking drivers, so your example is retarded. The only thing this lack of "support" means is that they'll tell you to fuck off and upgrade to Windows 10 if you find a bug and complain about it.

The studio who made her only makes trash

Thus far we have always found a way eventually.

drivers from the motherboard manufacturer are all that matter

Nanami will always be the best OS-tan

>CPUs don't need fucking drivers
the chipset needs

>AMD won't support something
What else is new?

lol no

Guys should I Install the enterprise ltsb for vidya, gaming and shit?
Will the gaming performance be fluid or what?
Advice pls