Hypothetical Networking Challenge

My living situation involves shit wifi, and I can't access the router. Is there any solution to this problem?

>live on a 15th floor apartment
>wifi is shitty and inconsistent, most days its 3mb up/down but can sometimes hit 50mb on lucky days
>router is in an unknown location, landlords refuse to give me access

The only idea I have come up with is
>Use netcut to cut off everyone else on the network when i need faster speeds

This is obviously a shitty idea. Is there anything I can do? Satellite internet? 4g hotspot? I feel like these would be expensive and not much faster.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/KuWFi-300mbps-Wireless-OpenWRT-distance/dp/B01EV39XR2/ref=sr_1_66?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1482385529&sr=1-66
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Use wifi scaner to track down where the closet AP is. MAke directional yagi and put it in your apartment closet to AP facing it.

Get 4G hot spot.

Complain to management.

Get a wifi range extender and place it in a plug between your room and where you suspect the router is (where you get a better connection)

Considering the 4G hotspot, as my cellphone gets 10mb down / 20mb up in this space, and that would be fine for my purposes.

Thanks for info

You mean like in a hallway? I tried wifi range extenders in the room but it was basically the same speed no matter where I placed it.

I'm interested to know (from a technical perspective) how netcut allows you to "cut off" everyone else on the LAN. It sounds like bullshit to me, unless it's a straight up DDoS of each individual person simultaneously.

or else (in the case of WiFi) it's constantly sending deauth packets to the victims, but IIRC that requires your card to be in monitor mode and I don't think it can be used normally while you do that.

meant to quote Maybe it just ARP spoofs everyone else on the network to black hole their traffic. While this is happening I bet a Wireshark scan of the network would look like cancer

I believe it ARP spoofs and black holes the traffic.

But it detects like 20 users on this network, I dont think its a viable option here.

Find something like this:

amazon.com/KuWFi-300mbps-Wireless-OpenWRT-distance/dp/B01EV39XR2/ref=sr_1_66?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1482385529&sr=1-66

Setup as a wireless bridge or repeater, use the directional antenna to get a more direct signal to base station.

I had to setup a wireless network across a multiple acre farm on the cheap, used these, worked out well.

>I don't think it is a viable option here

Do you mean from a technical perspective or otherwise?

It depends on how long the ARP cache on each client is, but if you only sent out the ARP spoof messages every 30 seconds or so (e.g. 20 messages every 30 seconds)...the load would be doable.

Just follow the cable to see where it goes? The wifi cable is the only phone cable, you can't miss it. If you have wireless wifi then move your laptop around and see where you get better signal.

btw if you do this, make sure you spoof your own MAC first, and make your device name something random and unspecific to you.

have you tried bruting the admin login?

Yeah he could at least visit the login page to get a model number, then find out if that model has QoS options or ability to boost the tx power. Then brute the login if it's going to lead to something helpful

I want to fuck Angie Varona passionately and cum inside her beaner pussy

i would rape her if i got the chance

Him

someone will steal it.

look into Kali. Figure out how to make it boot off a USB and some quick searching on the kali wifi tools, pay attention to all the warnings.. lol.. and eventually try to own that shit..

>wifi cable
>wireless WiFi

not aware

Would bang, but wtf is going on right here?

yagi antenna, hash cracking software

Thats called a vagina user. You'll encounter one one day if you're lucky.

I hope not, it looks disgusting

>encountering a vagina
>thinking it is a good thing

use ARP attack to disconnect other users

> tfw you always suspected, but now have proof, that Sup Forums is literally riddled with homosexuals.