Linux sucks balls for everything not server related

>Linux sucks balls for everything not server related
>Windows 7 is slow losing hardware support and takes huge HDD space
>MacOSX is dumb, slow and you have to buy everything
>Windows 10 is an ad botnet
Why the fuck isn't there a workstation OS anymore like the Win NT's of 2000s?
What the fuck are we supposed to use???

Other urls found in this thread:

computerworld.com/article/2467824/windows-pcs/idc--windows-dominates-linux-in-servers--not-just-the-desktop.html
computerworld.com/article/2469469/network-software/windows-widens-lead-over-linux-in-the-server-market.html
informationweek.com/software/operating-systems/2015-server-os-outlook-cloudy-chance-of-containers/d/d-id/1316553
community.spiceworks.com/networking/articles/2462-server-virtualization-and-os-trends
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

BSD?

>takes huge HDD space

HDD space costs fucking nothing these days, not a valid argument anymore

Windows is still the most popular server OS, user.

computerworld.com/article/2467824/windows-pcs/idc--windows-dominates-linux-in-servers--not-just-the-desktop.html

computerworld.com/article/2469469/network-software/windows-widens-lead-over-linux-in-the-server-market.html

informationweek.com/software/operating-systems/2015-server-os-outlook-cloudy-chance-of-containers/d/d-id/1316553

Fuchsia is coming

community.spiceworks.com/networking/articles/2462-server-virtualization-and-os-trends

this: Also, disabling the botnet on Windows 10 is pretty trivial if you aren't a mouthbreathing retard.

I'm not defending MSFT's bullshit here, I'm just saying that you can circumvent it pretty easily.

>taking out the part of the post that I don't like
>Not using SSD's
just get rekt faggot

funny because Sup Forums says it cannot be turned off
even if you turn it off, it still mines the fuck out of (you)

What fucking size SSD do you have that windows 7 takes up a large portion of it?

>Implying Windows 7 was not a botnet
kek

>Sup Forums says X
>oh boy i guess i'll just believe it fullstop without even questioning their motivations or knowledge about the subject at hand!

user, are you really this sophomoric?

>Windows 7 is slow losing hardware support
that's the important part, faggot

Are you personally saying turning off telemetry provides from having your shit sent to MS, or are you just memeing?

*provide
I meant prevent

Works fine on my i5-6600k, unless you're rendering stuff you don't need anything more modern than that

You're the dumb one, you're also poor.

>and takes huge HDD space
>too poor for a $45 HDD
>still even using a HDD as a boot drive

Yeah you're a 3rd worlder.

>Works fine on my
dropped

Works fine on everyone elses. If you're having problems then it's your own fault for being retarded

>ad hominem
>no argument
>already specified using a SSD
w e w

>argument-from-greentext fallacy

>he got btfo so he now resorts to reddit-tier logical fallacy arguments

Wew

>(you)

Just use windows 10 and purge it of all botnet and bloatware with blackbird v6.

>(you)

Has it been proven to 100% eradicate all stuff and how is it supposed to work with forced updates???

I am personally saying that there are ways to stop your computer from communicating with said servers. I am personally saying that there are ways to stop the telemetry service from running. I am personally saying that, with 5 minutes and one of hundreds of guides that have been linked on Sup Forums over the past couple years, you can remove the "botnet effect" from your Windows 10 Personal Computer.

I am not saying that "clicking off on telemetry" is going to completely disable it.

I do find it somewhat ironic that loonix users spend literal days and weeks "perfecting" their installs with various tweaks and tools and shit.

And when a Windows 10 user spends 10 minutes running a PS script to tweak their OS not to do retarded shit out of the box, it is this huge scandal and "wow windows users are so cucked lol" etc etc etc.

Just use pirated Win7 service pack 2, never had any security issues with it or any annoying update notifications.

Also mass repliers should be hanged

Joke's on (You).

Its not the botnet shit that bothers me. Its the fact that its just plain fucking terrible to use.

I dunno man, I haven't noticed much of a loss in support on 7.

Examples?

Well that's nice if you are a fucking pleb but if you need to use micro containers/heavy virtualization and shit like dockers, you are pretty much fucked with win7. But Sup Forums wouldn't know about that...

>he can use inspect-element

Congratulations, you're not completely retarded!

Sounds gay

so you are basically saying
>you can achieve this
>you are going to spend time and dig and tweak
>there is no magical solution
>you need to use some obscure shit from some guy on the internet
k

see

>docker
>micro containers
>on a desktop OS

See, you say shit like this to sound edgy and intelligent, but then out yourself when you don't even understand the tools that you talk about.

Ok, I really thought you were interested in knowing, but you just want to be a contrarian faggot. Congratulations, you have won the "Official Sup Forums-tard" merit badge!

Yeah man, just like Daz loader! Totally legit CNET download bro.

>I have no idea what DEV/UAT/PROD envs are
holly shit you're a moron

>capitalizing and shortening environment names makes them sound TECHNOLOGICAL

If you are deploying to a desktop environment for any other purpose than local debugging, you are a silly person. But then again, this isn't actual "work". This is one bored user fucking around with a technology that he has no tangible use for to up his "nerd cred xD" on an anonymous internet forum.

Have fun!

>deploying to a desktop environment
hahahahha you have no idea what you are talking about

Windows 8.1 amd Windows POS

>I didn't read the thread : the post

>Linux sucks balls for everything not server related
False, other basic functions work relatively well.

>Windows 7 is slow losing hardware support and takes huge HDD space
Sort of, I bet there'll be some workarounds though

Not exactly fast, but not slow either, c'mon. Also I bought exactly one program for 5 bucks. There's a thing called torrent sites which I'm sure you browse on Windows as well.

>Windows 10 is an ad botnet
Everything is a botnet these days, get over it. Ads though are shitty, that's true. Can't you disable them though?

Anyways I agree there is no really good OS these days. Every OS is lacking on something big. Call it hardware or software compatibility, looks, speed, whatever. There's not a single OS nowadays that gets it all right.

Maybe that's why an overwhelming majority of websites are barely functional.

>False, other basic functions work relatively well.
>basic functions
hahahaha, I hope so!

>Sort of, I bet there'll be some workarounds though
see rest is nonsense

Why do you think that someone will make a perfect OS specially for you? Companies can make some shitty OS to get your money, spy on you or earn money on showing you ads, but they won't make prefect OS just to create a nice thing, because they are not interested in technology, only in making money.
If you want to have perfect OS without being cucked, welcome to the club. Install linux and start reporting and / or fixing bugs, adding features.

> Install linux and start reporting and / or fixing bugs, adding features.
HAHAHAHAHA I have work to do, kid

Maybe I just haven't noticed because in addition to the SSD I threw 7 Ultimate onto, I have two data drives.

>What the fuck are we supposed to use???
Windows 10 Enterprise

I should mention that I have 16GB of memory and have 3 VMs

>I have work to do, so I cant make GoodOS
>Nobody else gas work to do, so they should do it for me

KYS

>uses Windows NT as an example of a workstation OS

Why would anyone use Windows for anything but MLG PRO xXx420xXx and ancient software?

>blackbird v6
wew lad nice remote access trojan

>>Linux sucks balls for everything not server related
>>Windows 7 is slow losing hardware support and takes huge HDD space
>>MacOSX is dumb, slow and you have to buy everything
>>Windows 10 is an ad botnet
>Why the fuck isn't there a workstation OS anymore like the Win NT's of 2000s?
>What the fuck are we supposed to use???
Make a hackintosh ?
Then came back to complain about mac os

What a trash fucking thread, must be all the Winpleb kiddies.

Sage